arielaaaaaaaa

Scary Movies anyone?

So i just saw The Conjuring, and i must say, SCARIEST movie i have ever seen! 

So i was wondering what the scariest movie you ladies have seen!? I'm not big into scary movies, being that i'm a huge scardy cat, but before i saw The Conjuring, Insidious was pretty scary to me! So what's your favorite scary movie??

crayzeeRN

Re: Scary Movies anyone?

I was bored to death through 95% of Paranormal Activity, and then the last 5 minutes of the movie came and scared the living Jesus out of me. I forced my ex-bf to sleep on the outside of our bed for months after that movie, so in case anything went to grab us, they'd grab him first :smileyvery-happy:

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

haha! honestly it wasnt even the first part that scared me! part 2 and three scared me to death!! i was dying! and i was watching it in pure daylight in my living room.... STILL SCARED!! >.<

miabt

OMG I cant... I'm the worst with scary movies, so I'm thankful that I can play the "kids" card and skip out on majority of those movies.  Blood, gore, peoples heads being chopped off... I'm just fine.  But throw in some kind of super natural or  ghostly storyline & I'm OUT!!

xo, Mia

nebel

(0) Hearts

Exactly.  I don't mind gore (I don't seek realistic gore out, though.  Campy fake gore is much more my style!) but supernatural stuff?  OMFG NO WAY.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Omg that may just be the funniest thing i've ever read! I hate when they are based on a true story! Ahh, I'm tempted to look up the real story about The Conjuring!

miabt

(0) Hearts

I heard the Conjuring is so disturbing that they had priests outside the movie theater blessing people!  Soooooo not cool :smileysad:

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I didn't find it disturbing, I'm not quite sure what the disturbing part was that they would be blessing people...

LCResz

The classics, like The Exorcist, The Omen, Rosemary's Baby, and Poltergeist, they're all good for a fun night of scares. Of the more modern films I love The Others, The Devil's Backbone, The Orphanage, Let the Right One Im, and The Awakening. 

Shaun of the Dead and 28 Days Later are great zombie films (the former is hilarious, the latter is just super creepy).

melissa93

(0) Hearts

Yessss those are some awesome movies. Is it  bad that it bothers me that some people confuse gore and horror? I love both though and I get really surprised when a movie is able to scare me. I dunno why but I love that feeling ha. Don't forget The Shinning though! 

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

The Others was pretty good! The Orphanage was just plain weird. I totally would not watch it again! Lol.

LCResz

(0) Hearts

I like Guillermo Del Toro's writing and producing, even his venture with Katie Holmes (Don't Be Afraid of the Dark). Are you thinking the movie Orphan with the adopted girl? That movie was bizarre and not In a so-bad-it's-fun way.

malday

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@LCResz, since you're a fan of del Toro and horror, what did you think of Mama? I still don't know how to feel about it.

LCResz

@malday I think it is typical Del Toro, an exploration of the relationships between parent and children, and the role imaginary friends play in the lives of the developing child. Del Toro has an obsession, I dare say, with mothers who die prematurely and the effect this has son children. He also loves to explore how children who are in psychic pain will seek comfort from even the most hideous of creatures as long as the affection, no matter how twisted, leads to a long term relationship.

So whole Mama isn't his best venture it fits in perfectly with his style and themes, so I can appreciate the underlying meaning even if the story was a bit hamfisted. To this day Pan's Labyrinth is one of the most heart breaking movies I've ever watched.

malday

(0) Hearts

I completely agree with it fitting into the themes of most of his other movies. In fact I brought this point up to my boyfriend immediately after we watched it. He seemed to have a problem with the ending but I thought it fit perfectly with del Toro's style. One of the things that bothered me about the movie was the appearance mama herself. So many of his movies and characters are so visually breathtaking and awesome that I feel it kind of missed the mark or could have been better.

LCResz

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Totally agree, but I think that was the writers' and directors' vision. Del Toro, as the executive producer, just helps movies get made, giving new comers a chance. I think he'll help anyone who writes a story about orphaned children!

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Pan's Labyrinth is AMAZING, seriously, one of my favorite movies.

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Pan's Labyrinth is so heart wrenching! Pale Man definitely fits in this thread though, so creepy!

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Ahh that's what i'm thinking of! Haha, Yeah totally disturbing...

malday

I actually don't find scary movies to be scary haha. But I do love me some classic horror. The Shining is on the top of my list along with The Omen and The Exorcist. And you can't beat the obviously low budget gory stuff like original The Evil Dead :smileyhappy:

janinebt

(0) Hearts

I'm with you on that malday...it really takes a lot to really scare me out of my wits these days.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I've never been a fan of the classics, I don't think i've sat through the whole movie of each you stated lol! But maybe i should!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 116 replies
  • 87 hearts
  • 37 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • hydee77
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday
    • wendyomgwar