arielaaaaaaaa

Scary Movies anyone?

So i just saw The Conjuring, and i must say, SCARIEST movie i have ever seen! 

So i was wondering what the scariest movie you ladies have seen!? I'm not big into scary movies, being that i'm a huge scardy cat, but before i saw The Conjuring, Insidious was pretty scary to me! So what's your favorite scary movie??

arielaaaaaaaa

Re: Scary Movies anyone?

(0) Hearts

The Others was pretty good! The Orphanage was just plain weird. I totally would not watch it again! Lol.

LCResz

(0) Hearts

I like Guillermo Del Toro's writing and producing, even his venture with Katie Holmes (Don't Be Afraid of the Dark). Are you thinking the movie Orphan with the adopted girl? That movie was bizarre and not In a so-bad-it's-fun way.

malday

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@LCResz, since you're a fan of del Toro and horror, what did you think of Mama? I still don't know how to feel about it.

LCResz

@malday I think it is typical Del Toro, an exploration of the relationships between parent and children, and the role imaginary friends play in the lives of the developing child. Del Toro has an obsession, I dare say, with mothers who die prematurely and the effect this has son children. He also loves to explore how children who are in psychic pain will seek comfort from even the most hideous of creatures as long as the affection, no matter how twisted, leads to a long term relationship.

So whole Mama isn't his best venture it fits in perfectly with his style and themes, so I can appreciate the underlying meaning even if the story was a bit hamfisted. To this day Pan's Labyrinth is one of the most heart breaking movies I've ever watched.

malday

(0) Hearts

I completely agree with it fitting into the themes of most of his other movies. In fact I brought this point up to my boyfriend immediately after we watched it. He seemed to have a problem with the ending but I thought it fit perfectly with del Toro's style. One of the things that bothered me about the movie was the appearance mama herself. So many of his movies and characters are so visually breathtaking and awesome that I feel it kind of missed the mark or could have been better.

LCResz

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Totally agree, but I think that was the writers' and directors' vision. Del Toro, as the executive producer, just helps movies get made, giving new comers a chance. I think he'll help anyone who writes a story about orphaned children!

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Pan's Labyrinth is AMAZING, seriously, one of my favorite movies.

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Pan's Labyrinth is so heart wrenching! Pale Man definitely fits in this thread though, so creepy!

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Ahh that's what i'm thinking of! Haha, Yeah totally disturbing...

malday

I actually don't find scary movies to be scary haha. But I do love me some classic horror. The Shining is on the top of my list along with The Omen and The Exorcist. And you can't beat the obviously low budget gory stuff like original The Evil Dead :smileyhappy:

janinebt

(0) Hearts

I'm with you on that malday...it really takes a lot to really scare me out of my wits these days.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I've never been a fan of the classics, I don't think i've sat through the whole movie of each you stated lol! But maybe i should!

DesertRose0706

I don't get scared easily by movies now, but I remember being terrified of Jurassic Park when I was younger!  Actually, I think that is pretty scary still  lol

arielaaaaaaaa

Haha my parents took my sister to see that in theaters when she was like 4, she still gets nightmares every now and then about dinosaurs! She's 24! Lol

crayzeeRN

I loved the Jurassic Park movies! My brother and I were obsessed when we were little. I have to say, adult me is still pretty dang excited to hear that there is a Jurassic Park 4 coming out :smileyvery-happy:

nebel

Probably Hellraiser.  I hate ghost movies... HATE THEM.  I love 80's campy bad horror with lots of very obviously fake blood (Army of Darkness, Dead Alive, Reanimator)  but I don't really consider those scary.  Hellraiser i think is legitimately chilling and the makeup/special effects are INCREDIBLE.  I think modern movies really lose it with the SFX makeup because so much is CGI.

I can't even talk about scary movies without turning it to makeup, lol. 

arielaaaaaaaa

I hate ghost movies too! But what really gets me is when things pop out! Its happened a couple of times where I was holding the popcorn and something popped out and opps, Popcorn went everywhere!

nebel

Considering that most of the time Doctor Who is too scary for me, I don't even *try* to go see scary movies.  

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

I love theatrical makeup, especially in horror movies and with zombies! The things they can do with makeup are absolutely amazing!

nebel

have you seen the TV show Face Off?  I am obsessed with it.  Competitive makeup? YES PLEASE.

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

I've been wanting to watch Face Off forever! I just love watching the commercials for it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 107 replies
  • 80 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • hydee77
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday
    • wendyomgwar