annonymous1

Scariest Thing i've experienced in a long while...

Hey Girls! i just wanted to share this story with you, just so we can all be a little more careful this holiday season...

So i went to panera bread with my friend the other night in a really good neighborhood, no crime ever happens in that area, there are always cops around, but that night i was eating and a group of men walk in (about 6 guys) and stand by the door, eventually they order food and sit down so we kind of forget about them.... there table was very close to about 9 other tables, maybe 15 mins later they all turn around, run to the nearest table to them and take phones, wallets, purses and other christmas items in shopping bags, bolt out into the parking lot, get a car and drive away.

5 mins later cops showed up, after they locked us in the panera while they were looking for the guy i was so traumatized, thankfully i had my phone in my pocket and my purse was small and not really worth anything but they didnt rob me because i didnt look like a target, i saw the robber take a phone right out of a womans hand as she was texting like we all do!

Needless to say i just wanted to share this story with you girls just so we can all be a little more cautious of our surroundings and our belongings this holiday season <3 

cutiecocolove

Re: Scariest Thing i've experienced in a long while...

(0) Hearts

Im tall and i don't know why but i would love to beat the crap out the thieves that steal giftcards and presents. seriously. but i think i have an anger issue. :smileyhappy:

Missie772

(0) Hearts

Oh my goodness!!! I am so sorry that you had to deal with that! I know that you didn't get robbed but it was still so traumatic to go through that!

My heart goes out to you and all who were robbed/traumatized by this! And during the holiday season too.... sheesh!!!

GothGirl00

(0) Hearts

How awful, lucky nothing happened to you! My mom was robbed while working, the guy pushed her on the ground and took her phone, I was so outraged.    

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

That is so terrible and so scary, I'm so sorry that you had to experience this.

This type of thing happens too much.

lylysa

My heart to you and those robbed/effected.

I'm relieved to hear you were not a victim of this crime, it's truly sickening the acts people will commit and it puts such a damper of the holidays when moods are heightened.

I didn't see anything about weapons being pulled out, so I'm assuming no one was physically injured in the incident which is a blessing all in itself. Though items and goods were stolen and I know how much of a hassle recovery of the items can be, let alone the cancelling of cards, the worry of identity theft, and even the loss of sentimental items, it's good that no one had to suffer physical harm.

anaa

Unfortunately there aren't "good neighborhoods" anymore.  Here in NJ last week a young man was leaving an upscale mall with his wife and was shot dead because of the vehicle he was driving.  The people who murdered him were caught and are in custody.  It's so difficult to stay safe.  Glad you're OK and sorry you experienced this!

DTalksAll

Yes, my favorite mall to shop at. I was shocked when I heard that! I usually don't park by Norides, nope, I park in the other garage where Bloomies & Saks share, on the ground floor. I always thought I was safe there because of the two department stores. I might need to find a new area to park in. I usually try to go there during the day when it's less crowded & I don't have to sit in traffic on my way homer, but I do go there sometimes on the weekends or evening. It's terrible, we're not safe anywhere anymore. 

I'm glad you weren't hurt anonymous! 

anaa

So senseless.  They apparently did it for the vehicle, abandoned that in Newark and then were all caught within a few days.  I'm not familiar with the mall, I'm down at the southern end of NJ.

FireSpinner

Lol, I never carry a purse (i only have one and it's never ever used), and typically look "unapproachable"  (the tattoos, piercings, and 'harsh' makeup might attribute to that lol). So no ones ever tried something anything stupid like robbing me. 

kellsmuneoka

My friends purse was just stolen out of nowhere! She was walking and they guy just grabbed it and left. She just got a ton of giftcards for her family and friends that day that was in the bag. I felt so bad because she worked hard for her money and now she has to cancel a lot of cards and find a new phone too . Those type of people make me sick. 

lilahtov

Wow! What a story. I'm glad you weren't affected, but I feel badly for those who were, including that lady..she'd probably be me if I were there, knowing how much I use my phone, especially in cafés and such. Stay safe everyone!

shapeshifter

Wow, crazy! My boyfriend was robbed at knifepoint in broad daylight outside his work. There really werent a lot of people around, but the robber told him to take off his pants! Of course he had all his valubles in his pockets like most guys do, so i guess it made sense, also harder to go after the guy! He was pretty embarassed after, but I was impressed he actually did the right thing i.e. Not engage in a surprise knife fight with a crazy person!

hypnoticpoise

(0) Hearts

Omigosh I am so sorry, I totally get how you're feeling I've been carjacked before :smileysad:. I don't want to scare you but you might feel uneasy around people especially unknown men for awhile, I'm just glad you and everyone is safe, hopefully they find the garbage that did this.

prettyinpa

What a bunch of creeps!  So glad to hear that you weren't robbed and except for being scared, escaped unharmed.

I hope they get the bad karma they deserve and terrible things happen to them, see how they'd like it.

ShinyMagpie

Oh my that is scary and awful.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

I'm an idiot sometimes. I would have thought it was some flash mob thing or something until they didn't come back. 

veronika23

Woah!  What a bunch of douches! I'm glad that you are ok and seems like no one got hurt so that's what counts right.

Koofa

Wow, thank God nobody was hurt! What a shame that some people can't count their own blessings and feel the need to do such horrible things to other people to make their lives a little better (or so they think, I guess). Glad you're okay!

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much guys, but i completly agree i'm glad that day i was just a witness to a robbery and not a serious crime like murder

janinebt

Sorry to hear that happened to annyomous1, I was robbed at gunpoint a little over a year ago in a "safe" neighborhood.

There really is no such thing, crime can happen in the most cookie cutter of locations these days unfortunately. Were the bags unattended to? Or did they rip them away from people?

Whimsically yours,
Janine
ShinyMagpie

(0) Hearts

OMG Janine that is scary. So glad you are okay. Sorry that happened to you. I'd be petrified. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 58 replies
  • 106 hearts
  • 43 in conversation
    • itscarin
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • killahbabe
    • nathaliew
    • anaa