YouAreAlways

Say something you cant say to their face

Feel free to vent things you wish you could say to someone, but would never.

I wish you could see how selfish and self centred you are being. 

sjpayne

Re: Say something you cant say to their face

(0) Hearts

Just do it.  Just give up your rights as a father.  Your son will be better off without you.  You don't support him emotionally or financially.  In 11 years, you've been present for one birthday party.  You don't call him regularly, or really at all.  Your parents are the only reason you ever see your son, because they're fantastic grandparents and will make the effort.  You call your girlfriend's son your boy, even though you have no biological connection to him.  Meanwhile, an amazing 11 year old kid is growing up and you don't see any of it.  Buying a DS once a year does not absolve you of all responsibility, even if it does make a six/seven/eight/etc year old think you're Santa but somehow with more magic.

The worst part of it all is that he still loves you. It breaks my heart that he still loves you, because you're a piece of sh*t. You will break his heart one day, when he realizes who you really are.  And you won't even be there to pick up the pieces.  You'll probably have had six more children with three more women by then.

And on a more selfish note:  you don't get to show up once or twice a year in his life and then claim that he's just like you.  If he's funny, it's because I taught him how to laugh.  If he's sympathetic, it's because I taught him to think of others.  If he's smart, it's because I helped him study for his tests.  If he's goofy, it's because I taught him to be himself and ignore what other people say.  I did that, and I can rest easy in the knowledge that our son is a wonderful person, in spite of you.

m3rma1d

[ Edited ]

To the nurse who on Monday said "Put your feet up and take it easy", I'll give you a pass.

To the nurse on the phone yesterday who didn't take me serious after those 5 days of pain and swelling 3-weeks post-hysterectomy because you were too busy filing your nails, or twirling your hair, or just thinking "yay Friday!", I just wanted to say THANKS SO MUCH because I had a blast at the ER last night with my awesome raging infection in my poor hurting Miss Kitty. In case you are so dumb you don't even catch sarcasm (which I assume you are that level of dumb), THAT WAS SARCASM. May you step on Legos in bare feet all month to atone for your crimes against me.

To the ER nurse who gave me a nice pain pill to get me my first night's sleep in 5 days, I hope good things happen to you forever. <3

To the ER doc who sent me home with antibiotics but nothing for the pain, yer not my favest. But thanks for at least confirming Something Is Wrong.

gogreyhound

As a nurse, I apologize on their behalf that they didn't take you seriously. 3 weeks post-op should be pretty much clear sailing, NOT worsening pain,swelling, redness, or anything remotely related to infection. And only Heaven knows why the hades so many doctors don't "believe" in pain medicine. Heaven forbid we use them and gasp become addicted--which hardly happens, and the addicts find plenty of pills anyway... can you call your regular doc for something better for pain?

SO, take your antibiotics faithfully, finish all of them, take whatever you have for pain, THEN relax and put your feet up ( preferrably with a good movie, some wine, or a beer, or whatever) so you can heal the rest of the way and feel better! :smileyhappy:

cutiecocolove

also ice cream right? nothing beats ice cream and online shopping. :smileyvery-happy:

kristallovesdogs

[ Edited ]

Two rants:

1.  For the love of all that's holy, learn how to write a Thank You card!  Guess what, it's not only grandmas who like to receive thanks for the gifts they give, it's EVERYONE who went to your wedding/sent you Christmas presents/welcomed your baby boy, and here we are, months later, without even a mention of gratefulness.  I don't buy you gifts for recognition.  That's not what this is about.  It's about common decency and thanking people, not just me, when they do something nice for you.  You took over a year to send out Thank You notes after your wedding and it was only after me, as your sister, nagged you to death about it.  But I got tired of our mutual acquaintances asking me, "Did he get the present?  Did they like what I gave them?"  How the heck should I know?!  That's YOUR job.  Just pick up a freaking pen and tell people thank you!  How hard can it be?! 

2.  I married your son.  Get over it.  It's been 11 years and I'm not going anywhere.

DiVWA

[ Edited ]

#1 is my pet peeve. Went to a wedding last year and never got a thank you. I asked her mom about it and she claimed that her daughter (who was the one who got married) did a bunch of thank-you notes (mine included) one day at her home. I never did get one. I think that the daughter claimed to do this to get her mom off her back, or else her mom lied to cover up for the daughter. Anyway, I gave up on that. Sorry, but I'm too busy to give a gift for the future baby(ies), or perhaps, I just won't ever receive the shower invitation or announcement.

I was unable to go to another wedding about 3 years ago and so we sent several gifts from their multiple registries. Never did get any acknowledgement from that either. They recently announced via text that they were expecting a baby. Good thing they're not expecting a gift from me because I'm as busy now as they were when they couldn't acknowledge my gift.

I'm with you that it's not for recognition. To me, getting a gift is personal--I put a lot of thought into what I think would be best, even if based on a registry. (For example, I saw that people had bought all the bakeware for the bride, but not the stand mixer, so I got the stand mixer.) I think that receiving a gift is an opportunity to make a connection with the one who gave the gift. When the recipient fails to acknowledge the gift, then he/she has lost that opportunity, and in fact, can cause a rift that wasn't there before.

m3rma1d

[ Edited ]

PS I want my cliché to open its arms.

coolstorywayne.jpg

katief241981

Went to a whole new level there didn't we

nikki

image.png

killahbabe

Escalated.jpg

m3rma1d

"Brick killed a guy!"

sparklekai

tumblr_mgs0eegCV01r99egpo1_500.jpg

Zpsid91

Get your stuff together! I should not have to know how to do my job AND your job! Even though I usually do because I don't want the whole thing screwed up! It's annoying and tiring and I am so flipping sick of it!!

Ok that is all :smileyhappy:upload_4684099200336887244.jpg

irenet

This is to a lot of people: I'm 33 years old and I have no children. I'm 33 years old and I don't want children. That doesn't make me any less of a woman because I don't want children. No, I don't hate them, no I'm not selfish. I'm a pediatric nurse, I'm around children all day, I save their lives and bind their wounds. Children are just no apart of me life, I don't see them there. I've made this decision with my boyfriend, the love of my life, and we've been together 11 wonderful years. I have 12 nieces nephews for Pete's sake, the human race is in no danger of becoming extinct due to lack or pregnancy any time soon. So don't judge me for the choices I make, that's not your place to. I'm a productive member of society and I pay my own way through life that wasn't easy by a long shot. I won't tell you how to raise your kids, you don't tell me to have some. 

kristallovesdogs

(0) Hearts

Irenet, good for you!  You are complete and happy in your life, you have planned and made long term decisions for your life, and you are fulfilled without other people's desires for you taking over your life!  Too many people just get on the train tracks of life and don't think about where it goes.  Highschool, college, marriage, kids, jobs, vacation, retirement, kids gone... etc.  Few people look ahead at those tracks and decide whether or not they want to just follow them, and have valid reasons to choose differently!  Children are a blessing and joy for so many women, but for other women, children are a burden and a regret, a noose around their necks, and even though they may perform the duties of a mother and may even love their children, they look back and wish they had chosen differently.  It is wise of you to look ahead and make this decision, instead of looking back wishing you had. 

EvangelineDamon

You should not feel selfish nor guilty for your thoughts.

I applaud your decision and think its great that both you and your boyfriend are in agreeance with this matter.

What you're doing in your career, on a daily basis is an amazing thing and people just need to mind their own **bleep** business!

Good for you and I wish you the best.

irenet

(0) Hearts

I appreciate that, it's just I didn't know how inconsiderate people could be until I tell them I'm not having kids. I've been called selfish, stupid, and told I would regret my decision. One lady asked me how I was going to live when I'm old and have no one to take care of me, as if that was a reason to have kids in the first place.

meagboho

Irenet you should have told her about all the money you will have saved not taking kids to the doctors, dentist, sending them to school, paying for sports and music, clothes, toys, food diapers. You could invest what you would have said and be set until you are 125. Her argument is irrelevant and ignorant. Ugh...I'm so sorry how ridiculous.

EvangelineDamon

That is beyond rude for that woman to say that to you.

I cannot believe some people feel that way...and then to say it out loud.

You are fulfilled in your life because of your career and the type of person you are.

And your decision should be commended.

There are many people who realize they don't want children too late and it affects the children.

Your life is obviously not empty because you're choosing not to have children. 

Just because that woman feels that way does not mean that it is true. 

And it's unfortunate, but there are many elderly people that have children and the means to take care of their parent, but don't do it or put them in to a home.

Not having a child does not mean you're going to die alone. 

And I agree with you about that not even being a reason to have a child.

"Let me have a child to put the burden of my aging/demise on their shoulder..." Who thinks like that?

It must be annoying as hell, but as Bessie Smith and Billie Holiday once sang, "T'aint Nobody's Business If I Do."

You are not selfish or stupid nor will you regret this. 

You know yourself better than anybody else, why should they tell you how to run your life?

There are many people in this world that have accomplished a lot without having children.

Having children or not having children should not determine the merit of a person nor should it negate the accomplishments you achieved.

meagboho

I am in my twenties, recentlyish married, bought a house last year with several bedrooms, and people will not stop asking about the state of my uterus.  I don't understand why people always assume that married couples are having kids, let alone RIGHT NOW.  When it comes up and I decide to say something like, we aren't thinking about that now, etc, people always question it! Would they question me having a kid?  It's infuriating.  I'm sorry that you are dealing with that.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 157 replies
  • 657 hearts
  • 63 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • itscarin
    • killahbabe
    • chupi
    • marydiva