LCResz

Saturday Randomness

Pinkonyx got me thinking about things I love that have been discontinued, which led me to these questions, sorta :smileyhappy:

1) do you hoard certain beauty items?

2) do you prefer to buy palettes/sets or standalone items?

3) when did you graduate from Chapstick to lipstick?

4) name a perfume/scent that you like that nobody else seems to appreciate.

5) name a perfume/scent that everybody else likes that you don't care for.

6) what look are you going for tonight?

1) I hoard Bath and Bodyworks sprays. Too many of my favorites have been discontinued over the years so I stockpile when I find out something is going to disappear soon.

2) I tend to go crazy when holiday lines come out and a set contains lipstick/eye shadow/blush and so on. I like that everything is coordinated for me rather than having to put together items to create a look. However some sets have weird combos but I still get it because it's a great deal.

3) I am late to the makeup game. I didn't really wear makeup until my late 20s, and I still don't wear a lot and mostly focus on skin care. I think growing up in the Grunge era made it easier for girls to get away with the minimal amount of effort, but today it seems there's more pressure to look a certain way the second you hit puberty. Yes, I'm feeling old :smileywink:

4) I love Diesel Loverdose, and people like it on me but they cringe when they smell my rollerball! The opening notes are pretty intense but the dry down is amazing with my skin chemistry.

5) Balenciaga Florabotanica I just don't like. Ironically my friend loves it and uses it as her signature scent, and while it's nice on her I seriously have to breath through my mouth when we hang out because that perfume is just so strong!

6) Going out with the family to celebrate my dad's birthday so I will definitely go for a more pulled together look. My mom loves it when I get all dolled up, since she had to put up with my aforementioned Grunge phase I guess.

1930sbella

Re: Saturday Randomness

1. Lotions is what I hoard, but I hardly ever use them

2. prefer stand alone items

3.maybe when I was about 11, but I usually use lipgloss, I like it better

4. don't know, my mom likes all the perfumes that I wear

5. ummm, maybe Pure Grace

6. casual with class :smileyhappy:  (least thats what i'm trying for)

pinkonyx

thanks for the mention!

yes, conditioners!

2) do you prefer to buy palettes/sets or standalone items? palettes, they are always a better deal. 

I alternate between both, i'm a huge fresh lip treatment fan.

Queen Latifahs perfume! It smells so good! i smelled it by chance once and just could never stop liking it. Its unique, sexy and warm.

Lancome, La vie est belle

natural. 

jinxski

1. I hoard mascaras, I'm drowning in them right now.

2. I prefer stand alones most of the time, usually palettes always have less of the stuff I like and more random shades.

3. Mm... I'm still wearing lipstains on the daily, but I started wearing lipstick out toward the end of high school, I think.

4. I really like warm, cinnamon-y scents! When I wear them I feel nice and cozy, haha, but a lot of my friends enjoy more floral tones, which I do too, but some days I just like a little vanilla!

5. Versace yellow diamond smells like a cheap drugstore perfume, I know how popular it is but I can't get past how it smells so strong!

6. I'm going for a neutral look this weekend, just going out around town!

beautylovingirl

1. Yes I'm a proud lipstick hoarder.

2.Most of the time stand alone items.

3. I passed up chapstick and I think around 12 or 13 went right to Bonnie Bell lip gloss.(Woop/Woop.)

4.I don't really have one.

5.I don't have any scent I can think of off hand but I don't like sugary, musky, or vanilla scented perfumes.

6.We went to the movies so just a casual makeup look.

crayzeeRN

@LCResz- funny you say that about Diesel Loverdose, just got the 100 point perk for this the other day- I really like the scent but there's something bitter hidden in there my nose picks up on- smells a little like black licorice?

1) do you hoard certain beauty items? I am a serious beauty hoarder. This is me admitting I have a problem- call the hoarders tv show, I need help!! :smileyvery-happy: Actually, scratch that, I don't want help with this problem! Bath & Body Works is also a vice of my- been on a no buy since before Christmas and have amazingly stuck with it! Have a ridiculous number of mascaras stashed, as well as samples and all sorts of skincare and makeup!

2) do you prefer to buy palettes/sets or standalone items? For good quality eyeshadows, I definitely prefer buying a palette. Sample sets I love getting. Full size sets I tend to avoid unless I know I will use every item.

3) when did you graduate from Chapstick to lipstick? Hmm... for me the progression was Chapstick->colored balm->lipgloss->lip butters->lipstick. Only in the last couple months have I actually started to use lipstick! And I'm about to turn 25! (next week!)

4) name a perfume/scent that you like that nobody else seems to appreciate. Vera Wang Princess

5) name a perfume/scent that everybody else likes that you don't care for. Most florals bother me, unless they have a vanilla or sugary/musky scent thrown in.

6) what look are you going for tonight? I had about 5 minutes to throw on makeup before I went to dinner tonight, so it was quick and simple- NARS TM, CARGO blush, some concealer, UD Cannonball Mascara, and Korres Mango Butter Lipstick!

kenny

Yes, I usually do a little of everything, but I do have a crazy amount of lipsticks.

Depends, palettes are always super appealing, but lately I've been trying to stay away from them, since they usually have shades that I already have or won't wear and palettes just take up room.

Well I become obsessed with lipgloss when I was 12, I moved onto lipsticks though at 17.

I really liked Jean Paul Gautier Madame, although it seemed not many people cared for it.

Givenchy Very Irresistable, DKNY Be Delicious

Girly/Romantic, plummy eyes, rosy cheeks, soft rose lips

dolceloure

1) do you hoard certain beauty items? Yes, lip products. It's a little obscene how much I have.
2) do you prefer to buy palettes/sets or standalone items? Palettes and sets all the way! Usually the products are smaller but it's perfect for me b/c (a) I love to travel, so beauty minis are a lifesaver on my trips, and (b) they're easier for me to finish, lol
3) when did you graduate from Chapstick to lipstick? I'd say college, though there was a transitional phase in high school where I started to use lip gloss.
4) name a perfume/scent that you like that nobody else seems to appreciate. A lot of people I know don't seem to care for the Jennifer Aniston perfume (maybe it's also b/c it's really subtle and doesn't last, or b/c it's a celeb fragrance) but I'm absolutely crazy about the scent.I have a big bottle of it and a couple of minis, but I'm thinking of stocking up since it's on sale and will probably be discontinued soon.
5) name a perfume/scent that everybody else likes that you don't care for. Narciso Rodriguez; I can't put my finger on it, but there's just something about that scent that feels unpleasant to my nose.
6) what look are you going for tonight? I'm staying in tonight, so my face shall remain unadorned!

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh yeah! Lipsticks!

In makeup i usually just buy standalone. I now i'll never use other products that come with what i want. In Skincare i love buying in sets! But i look at the set a see how many products i'm interested and how many i would use then make a decision. 

It was when i was 17. 

I love all Kat Von D perfumes and love them. And i never hear anything about them, and my sister doesn't care too much for them

There are many! I've tried the Chloe perfumes and i'm not a fan

Lol I'm taking care the my neice and nephew tonight, and when they fall asleep i play the Super Nintendo they have! Lol. 

lolo01

For sure eyeliners, mascaras and eye shadows :smileyhappy:

Palettes, just seems so much more convenient for me to have several things in one compact.

Never really used Chap-stick unless my lips were chapped usually in the winter..

Carolina Herrera for men... ( my very first bf wore this maybe that's why I love it) but everyone else seems to dislike It lol

Coco Chanel, anything Clinique Bleh..

Winged eyeliner, and my OCC Lip Tar in Pretty Boy :smileyhappy: (movie date night):smileyhappy:

melissabt

[ Edited ]

Yep! Lip products (lipstick, liner and gloss)!

2) do you prefer to buy palettes/sets or standalone items? Both.

3) when did you graduate from Chapstick to lipstick? When I was 14.

Hmm that's a good question,  one by Cartier, one spray and its enough to last the entire day.

Hmm Chanel number 5?

6) what look are you going for tonight? Today is a no make up day (gasp) I'm letting my skin rest

<3 Melissa
DesertRose0706

Titian06, I have to agree with your number 5!! There are several male employees in my office at work, and I can always smell their cologne waaaay before I can see them! I'm talking a long distance away too! Luckily their colognes don't smell bad, but come on!  I might as well not even wear perfume to work because even I can't smell it over the cologne lol

tashalicious

1. i like to try new products so i never hoard any one product

2. i prefer palettes because i feel like i get more use out of them

3. i started sneaking on lipstick when i was 14, i would put it on in school and wipe it off before i walked in my house. the only makeup i could wear that my mom didn't notice was brown mascara.

4.Happy by Clinque was in my opinion the perfect fragrance! yet i felt like i was the only one wearing it . lol

5. i never liked Curve

6. tonight is pajama night at home curled up on the couch with my hubby.  =D

wendyomgwar

1) I've gone through phases with my hoarding, so now I have a ton of products lol, most recently its been skin care though. 
2)I love getting sets! It's always so much more bang for your buck!
3) Oh.... I held out on lipstick for a long time I much preferred glosses lol so probably until I was a junior in high school.
4) Florabotanica, I usually like really popular scents but everyone tells me this smells like granny perfume which I usually steer clear of but I love this stuff!
5) D&G light blue, sorry... it doesn't smell like much to me.
6) Staying in tonight so no make up for me!

nebel

We have similar tastes in scent!  I looooooovvve Florabotanica

wendyomgwar

I feel like Florabotanica is so different then what I'm normally drawn to! But it smells so good on me!! I do tend to like most of the popular fruity floral scents as well like Juicy Couture Marc Jacobs, etc, which is why its so odd for me.

Titian06

1.  Do you hoard certain beauty items?  Not compared to some of you!

2.  Do you prefer to buy palettes/sets or standalone items?  I prefer palettes/sets.  I like that they're economical and that the colors are precoordinated. 

3.  When did you graduate from Chapstick to lipstick?  I still use both (well, Burt's Bees).  I first started wearing lipstick in my mid 20's.

4.  Name a perfume/scent that you like that nobody else seems to appreciate.  I don't wear perfume--scents are a migraine trigger for me.

5.  Name a perfume/scent that everybody else likes that you don't care for.  I don't know one perfume from another.  I will say that I absolutely dislike it when you can smell someone well before you see them, and you can still smell them long after they've left.

6.  What look are you going for tonight?  I'm not going anywhere today, so I normally don't wear make-up when I stay home.  However, today I decided to play around a little.  I have on Stila CC Cream in Light and a sample of MUFE Pro Finish Multi-Use Foundation in 117 Golden Ivory (and Burt's Bees).  I'm also wearing jeans and a purple tank top with my hair up in a jaw clip (I didn't wash my hair).

wendyomgwar

Hahahaha! OMG number one, I died.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Haha, I'm with wendyomgwar, #1 had me cracking up!! <3

nebel

1) I hoard shadows, for sure. I'll never use all of mine in my lifetime. but they're MINE and they're BEAUTIFUL

2) LOVE palettes for shadow, not really a fan for stuff like lips. 

3) Not sure I'll ever leave good old-fashioned lip balm behind. But it was really in college when i was 19 or 20 that i really started to become makeup-obsessed.

4) Hmmm... i'm not sure.  I do love spicier scents with strong ginger notes (I have a tokyomilk rollerball called destiny that I'm obsessed with) so maybe that.

5) Prada Candy.  I just find it so cloying.

6) I haven't decided yet!  Probably more of a boho look because it is stinking hot out!

wendyomgwar

Ugh Prada Candy is so yucky! Its too sweet >_<

And omg I keep buying eye shadows and i don't even wear that much eye shadow! Oh the struggle lol/

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 55 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • melissabt
    • ChicDabbler