LCResz

Saturday Questions: School Edition

Well, it's finally the weekend and as Saturday's children we work hard for our living! School is in full swing here in SoFL, and as a teacher I can tell you there is no rest for the weary. So, let's have some fun/nerdy questions today!

1. Name a book you were required to read in school and hated.

2. What was one of your favorite field trips?

3. Did you/will you attend your prom?

4. Can you recite your school alma mater?

5. What perfume reminds you most of youth?

tashalicious

Re: Saturday Questions: School Edition

HA HA! i'll never show those pictures, when i die i plan to be buried with them. :smileyvery-happy:

prosopon

[ Edited ]

Goodness gracious! I don't think you are all ready to see mine.  Let's just say I had a bright red long slinky dress with bright red lips to match! Looked "so great" (not!) on my pale skin. And don't get me started about the hair. Boy, did I think I looked good....funny how things change.

*Edited to include more obvious sarcasm.

Kiki1517

IMG_20130824_144226.jpgSo I didn't know about corsages until I showed up and everyone else had one :smileysad: I didn't really wear makeup back then, 4 months pregnant, and never again in my life will I ever wear sheer pantyhose and clear "stripper" heels hahahaha!

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

At least you had a date!!! LOL :smileyvery-happy:

arielaaaaaaaa

Aww. I had to buy my own corsage because my Bf was completely broke, my parents even had to pay for his tux. Worst experience ever. 

Kiki1517

I've lived w my bf since I was 16, neither of our parents were around or would even be able to help us pay for prom. We didn't plan on going, it was so last minute. We almost couldn't even find a tux in his size, pretty sure this one was even too big lol.

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Lol! Me and my bf broke up like a week after prom, i found out he took someone else to his prom, we were together for 2 and a half years! So prom is not something i like to relive lol!

Kiki1517

OMG what a jerk! Good riddance :smileywink:

LCResz

[ Edited ]

And THIS is why I am infinitely glad I grew up in the "Stone Age" before camera phones, FaceBook, and Twitter. Most of the evidence of my teen years is stuffed into shoe boxes and may have been used to help start barbecue fires the last time we lost power for a week during Hurricane Wilma!

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Hahahaha it's so different, I don't think a day goes by that we aren't documenting our lives on the internet.

neko333

1. There were quite a few of them. Sad part is I actually love reading. I would love to tell every teacher that just because the book won some stupid award does not mean it's any good ( I wish they would have just made me read classics). I was in the advanced reading class, I can't even remember the names of most of them. I speed read the parts I needed to know and aced every assignment. I never understood how someone could get anything other than an A on a reading assignment. If you didn't want to you didn't even have to read it. 

2.Aquarium 

3.I did last minute. It took me several days to find a non-trashy dress. Everything was either up to my butt, covered in gems/sparkles, or had a ton of cleavage. Not to mention everything was strapless. I can't even keep a size 0 up. My waist is 20 inches and my rib cage is about 23. If I got something tight enough for my waist/ribs my hips and **bleep** didn't fit. I had to have mine altered. I still think it's the prettiest prom dress. I didn't dance to anything but slow songs. Oh, and  boyfriend stood behind me the whole night, he didn't want anyone to see how the dress outlined my backside. 

4. I don't know what that is

5.Something cheap, heavy, and floral. With a mix of sweat from gym. Instead of carrying around perfume I wish they would have grabbed a stick of deodorant. I don't know why anyone ever thinks soaking themselves and perfume gets rid of their body odor, it just mixes with it. 

neko333

Why is b00bs bleeped..........

clarks18

Ha everything is blocked!!

LCResz

Can't go offending us poor lady folk, we might get the vapors! :smileywink: 

NotCrocker

1. Name a book you were required to read in school and hated.

All Quiet on the Western Front... snooze.
2. What was one of your favorite field trips?

We did a lot of great stuff. Hiking the Chilkoot was great. All our camping trips were great. Getting our first aid was cool. And that was all before 7th grade!
3. Did you/will you attend your prom?

Did attend it.
4. Can you recite your school alma mater?

We didn't have one (in highschool). I can't think of any of my three university mottos.
5. What perfume reminds you most of youth?

I didn't wear perfume really, but fresh, fruity scents make me think of youth in general.

Corrina777

1.  Ethan Frome--I believe Dante forgot to add this particular circle when he wrote The Inferno.

2.  Senior year choir competition down at Virginia Beach--partly because of the day at the amusement park and partly because my choir came in first place

3.  I did attend my prom.  After asking 5 different guys and having all of them say no, a male friend offered to go with me.  Most of my friends felt that they were way too cool to go to the prom, but I had fun anyway.

4.  No.  The only time I ever heard the alma mater was at my graduation.

5.  Love's Baby Soft--the ultimate choice for 12-year old girls everywhere

rikkie

#1, hahahahahaha best description of any awful novel study book ever, love it!

DoctorsMrs

That went right over my head until Rikkie commented. Seriously hilarious but clearly not for the dim witted.

Corrina777

Yes- I'm admittedly a bit of a nerd, and an avid reader.

rikkie

I am going to have to steal that line, it is just too good. I hope you don't mind too terribly. :smileyhappy: 

Corrina777

Lol- I don't mind at all :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 90 replies
  • 165 hearts
  • 41 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa