LCResz

Saturday Questions: School Edition

Well, it's finally the weekend and as Saturday's children we work hard for our living! School is in full swing here in SoFL, and as a teacher I can tell you there is no rest for the weary. So, let's have some fun/nerdy questions today!

1. Name a book you were required to read in school and hated.

2. What was one of your favorite field trips?

3. Did you/will you attend your prom?

4. Can you recite your school alma mater?

5. What perfume reminds you most of youth?

BeautyJunkie325

Re: Saturday Questions: School Edition

(0) Hearts

1. Name a book you were required to read in school and hated.  I liked most of the books I read - I am a big reader, but Red Badge of Courage was the only one that I really didn't like.

2. What was one of your favorite field trips?  Going to the art museum when I was a senior.

3. Did you/will you attend your prom?  I got chicken pox in the last six week of my senior year.  I was COVERED from head to toe.  I didn't leave my house for 3 weeks as I waited for it to end.  On prom night I was feverishly scratching the pox in my hair (since no one would see if they scarred), eating pizza and watching movies with my best friend (she is 3 years younger than me) who had chicken pox when she was 4.

4. Can you recite your school alma mater?  No way

5. What perfume reminds you most of youth?  Love's Baby Soft perfume.  sooooo sad.

ace2021

1. The Poisonwood Bible...It was just hard to read and boring to me

2. Disney World 

3. I attended my senior prom but not my junior prom. I went with my boyfriend who I'm still with

4. Not at all

5. Daisy :-)

kmoliver15

1. To Kill a Mockingbird - definitely had to SparkNotes the entire book.

2. Orlando, Florida. The school took us on a senior class trip to Universal/Islands of Adventure and Wet n Wild Water Park. 

3. Attended 3 proms & I still miss dress shopping

4. Nope! 

5. Tommy Girl and Versace Versus...they were my favorite back then. 

jennjenn123

@kimmi115 awww, I loved A Tale of Two Cities!  Your dress is fantastic.  I still have my dresses as well.  I actually wore my 9th grade prom dress again as a senior in college. 

janinebt

1. The Catcher & The Rye, I just think it's highly overrated.

2. Oh gosh I've gone on some fun ones! Trips to botanical gardens, various museums, the zoo, Monterey...pretty much anything that involved nature were my favorite. 

3. I was a prom fiend in high school. In addition to both of mine I went to two of my best friend's proms as well. 

4. Nope

5. *sigh* Victoria's Secret Love Spell...that pretty much was my high school career summed up in a bottle. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
kimmi1115

A Tale of Two Cities.  Hated it!!!  Especially when my teacher would read sections to us in a monotone!!  Gah!!!

The Junior/Senior field trip to Hilton Head, South Carolina.  

I went to my senior prom with my boyfriend.  During my time in high school, there was only a senior prom.

Off the top of my head, no lol.  However, I am proud to be a husky!!!  Go green and gray!  Now, I'm a blue and gold buccaneer.  I prefer the husky lol.

High school wise, I would have to say Avon's Haiku.  I wore it a lot during high school.

148326_179891642024599_4097964_n.jpg

Lanndan and I before prom.  I still have my prom dress just in case I can't find a wedding dress I like lol. I'm still jealous how Lanndan stays tan all freaking year around! lol.

148326_179891645357932_5486455_n.jpg

I can fly lol.

beautylovingirl

So pretty Kimmi ! ^.^

Kiki1517

Love it!

LCResz

Very pretty! I can see it working as a wedding dress inspiration :smileywink: 

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  Although I haven't done any wedding planning, Lanndan and I both agree about light blue and green being the wedding colors.

jaimelove

high school was a while ago for me, so i can't remember any one book i was required to read that i didn't like. i do remember being at least 3 books ahead of my class at all times, so i'd either crash out on the couch in the classroom or get passes to the computer lab to type out essays for the entire quarter all at once lol. i'm a big reader, btw. in case you couldn't tell by all that :smileywink:

there's an amusement park in portland that we used to go to every year in elementary school called oaks park. i went again in 8th grade after we moved away from portland and i was so excited to go back! 

i didn't attend my own prom, but a couple of years after high school i went to my (then) boyfriend's senior prom :smileyhappy:

i am not sure we had one.

love spell! i still love it :smileyhappy: in fact, for mother's day my boyfriend went to vs and bought me one of everything love spell, because he knew i was out of something (the body scrub) and he wasn't sure exactly what :smileyhappy: 

denim dan.jpg

wendyomgwar

1. The Great Gatsby omg I HATED reading it, loved the movie though lol.
2. Hmmm :/ I didn't take a lot of field trips in high school in middle school though I went to Kings Dominion every year :smileyvery-happy:
3. Yupp :smileyvery-happy: it was super fun and at the Ravens M&T bank stadium fancy lol
4. Errr community college doesn't have that I think lol
5. ITs a body spray from VS Love Spell still love it!

jenpred

1. I love to read, and was in advanced English courses, but the one book I could NOT get through was Tess of the d'Urbervilles!

2. An outdoor Shakespeare theater!

3. I attended my prom with my best friend at the time; it was held on a large boat at the Long Beach harbor, super close to where the Queen Mary is. So much fun!

4. I know we had one, but I never remembered the lyrics!

5. Either VS Love Spell of BBW Dancing Waters. I used to wear those A LOT when I was younger

nebel

1) I can't remember ever hating a novel, but Steinbeck and Hemingway were not favorites.

2) I never realized how truly lucky I was to live near to NYC until I got out in the "Real world" and learned that a trip to the city was a vacation about which many people dreamed.  We went on some fabulous trips- The Bronx Zoo, broadway musicals, the metropolitan opera, and of course, the Metropolitan Museum of Art!

3) I did!

4) I can sing you my high school alma mater or my grad school alma mater.  Undergrad was in latin...

5) My BFF from high school wore Baby Soft. 

LCResz

the school where I teach does not have dances, but they do have award and graduation ceremonies at nice halls. At our last event there was a prom going on next door to us. I saw girls who had to be 16 to 18 wearing dresses that were skintight, slit dangerously high, and had cut outs all over the place. I thought I was being sexy by wearing a tea length dress to my prom... The times they are a changin' as Bob Dylan once sang :smileywink:

tashalicious

1. i don't recall ever hating to read a book in school.

2. At the end of the 8th grade school year, we went to Rye Playland, we had the park all to ourselves and we were each given unlimited ride bracelets.

3. yup i went with a group of my girlfriends.

4. my high school had one but i don't remember singing it.

5. there are a couple of Avon fragrances, Odyssey, and Timeless

Titian06

The only book I can remember disliking I read in college, Billy Budd.

We had so many great field trips because of the wonderful area where we live.  I can't pick one.

No.

I thought an "alma mater" was the school from which one graduated.

I think it's called "Love's Baby Soft."

lovekelseylove

I hated to Fahrenheit 451. It was so stupid and boring. 

I went to a zoo when I worked with special education kids in 8th grade. It was so fun and I loved those kids!

OF COURSE I WILL. I can't go until I'm a junior (I'm a freshman), but I am 100% planning on attending my junior and senior prom.

I just entered high school, so I haven't learned it yet.

I'm still young, so I don't know. But I like Viva La Juicy.

Kiki1517

Okay, now I am really curious to see everyone's prom pictures hahaha! Wonder if I ave one in the "Throwbacks" album on Facebook...

neko333

(0) Hearts

I had a floor length tangerine halter dress. I tried to google a picture of it but saw nothing like it. It was silky and had seams running down the front and it laced up in the back. It fit very tight on the body. To me it was a very classy dress in a pretty color. I was really happy I choose that color as nobody else had anything close to it. I wore gold kitten heels with it and a black sheer scarf over my shoulders. My makeup was pretty natural. I had a matte foundation,some light sparkly eye shadow, and lip gloss. The main thing I did was a cat eye and false lashes. If I would have done anything differently I wish I would have put some thought into my hair. It was short and I didn't think of doing anything to it. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 90 replies
  • 165 hearts
  • 41 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • arielaaaaaaaa