berniebeauty

Sandy

Hey Guys. How are all you beauties?

I live in the Northeast, in land, but still getting hit pretty hard by Sandy. My county has issued a state of emergency so school's closed tomorrow, and everyone's super excited. People in my district joke that our school only closes for the second coming of jesus, or if the town gets swallowed by the sinkhole, so this is pretty rare :smileyhappy: . It took a hurricane day to close school O.O 

But to those on the direct coast, my thoughts and prayers go out to you that everyone is safe and the damages aren't too bad. 

~We are alll beautiful~

beautylovingirl

Re: Sandy

Berniebeauty,

Please stay safe and just know we're all here on beauty talk if you need us! :smileyhappy:

prettyinpa

We lost power for only a short while, by the time we got the generator ready to hitch in, the lights came back on.

We were very, very lucky. 2 giant trees uprooted very close to the house last night in the violent winds, but nothing other than small sticks actually hit the house itself. It is really scary to see these huge trees lying so close. One actually was a favorite tree, so come spring, going to have to plant a new one there.

My thoughts go out to the people close to where the storm made landfall, their damage is just so shocking!
makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

Luckily in MD, it wasn't too bad, schools closed for Monday and Tuesday , some schools out today due to no electricity.  We lost it a bit and some trees down, but no real damage whew...  I'm sorry to any of u guys out there who have a lot of damage or still no power.  

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

@prettyinpa  I have family in PA, and according to Facebook it didn't hit their area as bad as it did around this time last year.  I'm glad your house wasn't in the way of those trees!  It's amazing and scary how the wind can be so violent. 

elizbeth1972

Hiya,

I hope everyone is safe and got through ok, especially on the east coast, I have friends in NYC and NJ without power.  It was pretty bad there.

Where I am, we were pretty lucky, just alot of wind and rain.  Being originally from the Caribbean, I know what kind of damage hurricanes can do as we get them every year pretty much.

Best wishes to all.

xo

babybear04

I'm in Ohio and while we're not directly getting hit by her, the weather has been pretty crappy to say the least.  Super rainy, windy and cold.  I even woke up this morning to snow!!  In OCTOBER!! Yikes.

Hope everyone's staying safe.  Thoughts to all affected!

kimmi1115

I hope everyone is staying safe out there!  I watched some of the news coverage last night on HLN and CNN, and the people in NYC must feel like they are on another planet.  I have never heard of a hurricane hitting there during my lifetime!  The collapsed crane is mindboggling as well, but I haven't heard much more about it this morning.

Some of the neighboring areas around East TN are getting hit with snow, especially in the mountains.  It's only been rainy and cold where I live, but if I see snow tomorrow, I am not driving to campus.

sephoramusthave

Know that I am thinking about you and your safety. Everyday I see/read the news, it gets worse and worse. 14,000 flights have been cancelled and the flooding is catastrophic. I live in Texas but I do have family in MA and New Hampshire and am worrying about them.

nixi

I will keep your family in my thoughts! 

geminibreeze

I'm in East Newark, NJ we lost power, heat, and hot water. Thank goodness I charged this yesterday (my netbook). Not too bad with shingles lost and we don't have alot of trees here so that wasn't an issue. I feel bad for the shore though.

nixi

Wonderful thread!

I'm in Texas but I'm thinking about all you guys in the east coast! Stay safe and hopefully the storm will pass soon! xoxo

elea33

I am right there with you berniebeauty. I am on the east coast and getting nervous listening to the storm outside. The gusts are up to about 90 mph now. The feels a lot like last Halloween with the surprising Nor'easter and power outages that lasted almost a week. Let's hope this thing passes and everyone stays safe.

dianabt

Thanks BernieBeauty!

Stay safe and dry out there, my thoughts are with you and everyone else affected! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 48 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • elea33
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
    • nixi