dannyc

Sad

Ugh! I need to vent. I feel like utter garbage! Today is my boyfriend's 34th birthday. We normally don't go crazy with presents, since we like to surprise each other with things we "need" throughout the year. Well except when he gives me nice jewelry for milestones :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: 

Since we finally moved I thought it would be nice to get a few more canvas prints of us. We already have 2 in our upstairs hallway from Ukraine that are 20x16. We're not the focal point in the images, they are more scenic. After spending hours going through our photos & touching them up I finally decided on 2 more pictures; one from Sydney & one from Cairo. I ordered them 2 weeks ago, with a guaranteed arrival for Monday. On Tuesday I called the company & they couldn't figure out where they were. Well yesterday I was told that they were out of 0.75 inch stretcher bars for the past month & they won't come in until next Monday & I should have them by Thursday. My only other option was to go with a 1.25 inch instead of the 0.75 we already have. I thought that would look silly on the wall... so I'm waiting. 

So when he gets home from work, we'll sit on the porch & watch the sunset with yummy lasagna, a nice bottle of red, & no present :smileysad: Later we'll sit up in the loft with champagne and watch what's left of the meteor shower from the skylight (it was raining during the peak). I know it's not a big deal, but I was so excited & now fell defeated. 

Sorry just needed to vent. If you read it all... thanks for listening :smileywink: 

lylysa

Re: Sad

Awww, Dannyc! I'm sorry to hear! I know you realize the occasion isn't ruined, but it still sucks when ONE piece of this wonderful event goes awry. Maybe having different sizing on the bars will give a more dimensional/varied look to where you guys can hang them and have them not look so static.

I hope the night goes well and the prints get worked out!

dannyc

I think I'm more frustrated because I want to see them! I hate waiting for packages, I'm more of an instant gratification kind of person. 

makeupmaven

[ Edited ]

Totally hear you! But just don't let it ruin your day/ night with him. He wouldn't want you to be upset! Just let it go, you can't change it so there is no sense in losing energy being upset about it!

makeupmaven

That sucks! But I don't think men are quite as hung up on presents as we are, and it's better that you wait and get what you really want than to compromise just to get something on time. I'm sure that spending time with you is the best present!

My hubby and I are pretty boring when it comes to gifts. We determine an amount that we'll spend on each other and then we might pick out something online or go shopping together and just pay for it (I hate surprises and I'm probably difficult to buy for). Usually not much like maybe $100-$150 on bdays and $200-$250 on xmas...he usually gets me a gift cert to a local lingerie shop for valentines day and our anniversaries--our wedding anniversary and our anniversary of when we met, which is New Years Eve. But if we plan a vacation around our anniversary the present isn't really a big deal.

Anyways, don't worry about it!

Kiki1517

Oh I'm sorry, that really sucks! But he will understand and you guys sound like you are going to have a great time anyway. Happy birthday to your bf! 

violalea

[ Edited ]

It was sad that no presents but it sounds like you guys had a great romantic evening together anyway. And you have been travelled to so many places thats awesome!!!

rikkie

I can't believe they didn't mention that they were out in the first place!! Why did they tell you a guaranteed delivery date if there was no way they could fill your order! That's super frustrating, are they making it up to you somehow or do they just expect everything to be fine despite their mistake? 

Lasagna and wine followed by champagne and a meteor shower sounds lovely though, I hope you will enjoy your evening tonight as much as possible!

Esdee

(0) Hearts

I wouldn't be surprised if they had placed an order for the missing parts themselves, expecting to have them before your order needed to be shipped, and then had a delay there, too.  I worked for an embroidery company that had that happen once; someone placed a large order for hats, then the place we got our hats from screwed up, which meant we were't able to fill our own customer's order.

dannyc

Well that's why I'm pissed. I would have ordered from a different company if I knew they couldn't deliver on time. I'm getting a partial refund which is fine... 

rikkie

They shouldn't have accepted the order and made a promise of a delivery date they knew they couldn't meet! I'd be pretty annoyed too, you made sure to give them all the time they said they'd need. :smileysad:

AlwaysGlamorous

Dannyc, that's very frustrating!! It does seem like you have a very nice evening planned though! Keep your spirits up :smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

Aw, It's the thought that counts. And either way he will appreciate it. I hope you both have a great time watching the Sunset and Meteor Shower. Sounds lovely :smileyhappy:

Any time you need to vent, we are here to listen :smileyhappy:

broadwaybarbie

I understand how frustrating online orders can be!! Especially when youre under the impression that they will be coming in on a certain day! I am opening a theatrical production tomorrow night but tonight we have a preview performance for an invited audience. One of my cast mates ordered her dance shoes about a month ago to ensure they would be in by tech week which started this past Monday...well they didnt come in until last night!! Ah! Its so frustrating when shipping companies cant keep it together!!! Im sorry this kind of thing happened to you as well! But the important thing is that your lovely pictures will make it to you and they will be an amazing bday gift for your loved one <3 I also think it was a lovely idea!! Send a big Beauty Talk Birthday Wish to your boyfriend for me! :smileyhappy:

nebel

:smileysad:  I totally understand.

Thankfully, though, it is just a minor setback!  You'll still have a lovely bday evening together, and look at it this way... you sort of get to stretch the celebration a little bit into next week!

JenBlush

Aww! its okay, I'm sure he will be happy just spending a romantic night with you! I actually like getting presents later on cause it makes me feel like my birthday is going on longer than it is!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 72 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • prettyinpa
    • dannyc
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • poshified
    • lylysa