beautylovingirl

SERIOUSLY

Hey girls,

I just want to put this out there for everyone to read and I hope the mods will allow it to stay. It seems like lately a lot of people seem to come to beauty talk and think it's ok to attack or say things that just shouldn't be said. There are also some on here that disagree but don't know how to just say "I don't have the knowledge about this and would love to learn, instead it's put in a negative way and then everyone chimes in and breaks down all the good that we have all put into beauty talk. I just wanted to say that in response to all these negative reply's let's go above and beyond and let these people that come in know that we are all teaching and learning everyday and no one person has the answer it's all of our answers that make the BT community such a great place to be. I hope that everyone takes this in a positive manner because all I want to do with this is pull the good out of what we have achieved and keep BT growing as one of the best places to be. I hope everyone understands where this is coming from.

wingatprsct

Re: SERIOUSLY

BT is a community for POSITIVE help, comments, and support.  Notice: there are NO "thumbs down" buttons, only hearts!  So yes, keep your advice coming.  I can take or leave it, but there's no reason to get personal or negative.  @ beautylovingirl - I applaud you for taking a stand but also for taking the higher road. We want BT to be the best it can be and I appreciate your efforts.

violalea

[ Edited ]

I dont know what happened and I am sorry to hear that. I always have amazing experience with you wonderful ladies. There was one time this one girl was rude to me and then apologized to me so everything is cool. Beauty Talk is a nice, friendly place for us to share with each other about beauty related stuff so it should be drama free. It July 3rd to day so a little bit early to say this but I feel like its Friday today and wanna say happy weekend and happy July 4th to everyone tomorrow !!!!!!!!! :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

It feels like Friday to me as well lol.  Happy early 4th everyone!

beautylovingirl

annonymous1 & Yuumei- You girls recommend something as many times as you want to as many people as you want and if you get those immature PM's of someone telling you not to let the Mods know and they will take care of that. This is a forum where every bit of information comes from ALL of us not just one or two everyone one of us have a trick or two that no one has used or even known about. Your answers are just as good as any one else's on here so you just let those answers fly and don't worry about irritating anyone BT is yours just as much as the rest of us.

mityren

Not sure what happened but I feel that if you come to a forum and ask questions and folks are nice enough to answer why be a Meanie??  Sorry this happened to you. No one deserves to be treated poorly and on the internet people don't even try to be nice alot of times.  That's what I like about BT. You ladies are a classy bunch and I appreciate that! 

Yuumei

I understand where you're coming from... I have replied to a handful of questions on here just based on personal experience from trying different products... but I am not a professional or anything. I always hope people know that I just want to share what I've learned, but sometimes I worry about giving answers or advice because I don't want to irritate anyone when my intentions are good... hmmm, that's probably why I always use smileys :smileyhappy:

lolo01

Im not sure what I missed!  But nobody has time for drama! This is not Facebook so people should take it elsewhere bc this is Beautytalk and we are all beautiful in our own way :*

kimmi1115

I'm in the same boat as you.  I have no idea what happened, but you're exactly right.  Drama is for Facebook, not BT.  

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Amen Sista!

annonymous1

all i have to say is no-one knows everything, i'm not a professional i can help to the best of my ability but thats it, i have learned tons of things i was dying to learn and i've even tried new brands by reading reviews on BT, its very helpful, but when i first started people would send me messages saying "stop reccomending people to the same products just because you use them doesent mean you know what your doing" i was so surprised because it was so un-nessiscary for them to even do that. but anyway, none the less its easier to just ignore them anyway, there are too many good amazing knowladgable people on here to let one close-minded person ruin your expierence, & we all love your help and advise :smileyhappy:

rikkie

It's not fair when amazing, knowledgeable, helpful people (such as yourself and the majority of ladies here)  who spend their time sharing their expertise and trying to help out people who come in to ask for help get words thrown back in their faces in such an unnecessary way. I hope they learn that treating people like that isn't okay and leads to jaded people who don't want to bother helping others. I don't want to be in places like that, that's why I'm here!

veritabelle

Heck ya!  You girls have given me so much advice and love!  Most, almost all-actually, of my friends are not make up lovers.  So this is the place I turn when I need to talk product!  

Keep it positive and helpful-exactly beautylovingirl!

violalea

I love Beauty Talk. You ladies are all wonderful and friendly and helpful. Whenever my boyfriend sees me with my laptop he is like Sephora? Haha. He knows me so well :smileyhappy:

poshified

Sephora.com = story of my life! haha

beautylovingirl

@kalex- Thanks! I know I responded but in a different form than what I wanted to but thought I was just going to put in enough to get the point across. I respect and admire you just for wanting to help and I would do the same for you I know the haters are always gonna hate but they're never gonna win. And yes when  I hear the words "happy place" the same image pops into my head! LOL!

kalex

[ Edited ]

Agreed.  I come here for 15-20 minute breaks throughout the day for fun and conversation.  This is a happy place!  (Does anyone else get an image of hugging your knees and rocking back and forth when you hear the words "happy place"?)

I think I know the post you're referencing.  I was on here when it was posted. The rudeness made me fume and I had to close my laptop and walk away.  I wanted to respond with something that was defensive of you and yet not attacking of the other person, but when I realized I wasn't capable in that moment I hit "cancel".   Wasn't the easiest thing to do because I had a load of things to say!

rikkie

(0) Hearts

I know! It is so easy for negativity to bring out more negativity. Much harder to reply in a way that doesn't sink to the same level. I was appalled to see anything like it here, usually the disagreements that do happen are not serious and still handled in a respectful way!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I agree on what we put are energy in gets larger and feel like just not replying or deleting is the best way to go that way I feel like whoever it is can learn that this is not the place to bring the negativity to and realize this is not the place for them.

jennypenny1995

*Energy Conservation Mode activated*. = )

jennypenny1995

Agree.  What I've learned is that what we put energy into gets larger.  So, I just don't respond or hit the Delete key.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 78 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • veritabelle
    • kimmi1115
    • annonymous1