annonymous1

SEPHORA SECRET SANTA 2013

[ Edited ]

-, THIS POST IS BACK UP AND RUNNING, US ONLY! -

i decided to change a couple things, and i understand how some people wouldnt be Ok with sending addresses, so we will be using Elfster.com (thank you Jamielove!)

http://www.elfster.com/exchange/view/9256154/0ba979

the min is $35.00 and there is no max, so we at least will all have a 35$ present at our doors around xmas, whatever you want to add is fine, but we all have made elfster accounts with wishlist's-please pick a gift from the wishlist, whatever personal touch you want to add is fine, or if you want to add xmas ornaments or other xmas cute things you find by all means, but check with the person your giving them too, on elfster your allowed to ask anonymous questions to see what people would like, you can do this when you get someone assigned to you.

on elfster when you get assigned a person you can ask them questions annonymously, you can ask them if they'd like candy or a card etc. 

i have created this group for US only, if anyone else would like to do a canadian/international santa thats fine as well but i will keep this list for the US only.

the deadline to sign up is NOV 10th the day we get assigned to someone will be NOV 11 th, elfster will notify you by email,

we will have roughly a month (Until DEC. 9) to look for and buy the gift, they ideally will be sent out on the 9th.

on elfster, everyone will have to sign up and create an account, its free, from there you create a wish list and title it whatever you want, adding items that you would like your santa to see.

-MAKE SURE ON YOUR ACCOUNT INFO YOU ADD AN ADDRESS SO YOUR SANTA KNOWS WHERE TO SEND THE GIFT-

only the person who gets assigned to you gets to see your address, so its kept private from everyone else in the group :smileyhappy:

its fairly simple and fun so lets keep it that way!

thank you to everyone who participates i love the holidays :smileyhappy:

-as of Oct. 3rd i'm not changing any of the rules anymore, whatevers set is set, i understand we all vary in opinion but i need to keep this consistant, thank you guys- 

annonymous1

Re: SEPHORA SECRET SANTA 2013

(0) Hearts
ellevee09

(0) Hearts

:smileysad: IDK whats wrong. I'm gonna just restart my computer. blah.

ellevee09

(0) Hearts

Is anyone having problems with ELFSTER? for some reason its not opening up for me. ;(

annonymous1

idk, mines working...try using a diff browser?

CzaCee

Yey! Signed up already! So excitedddd! :smileyhappy:

hipquest

@annonymous1 A couple of questions, please.

As things get going should we post here or elfster or both?

Can we request things that are WAY off budget but our Santa might have a sample they would be willing to include? Not trying to send this down a rabbit hole but if I've got samples my giftee would like to try it'd be nice if I could send a little extra that did not cost anything and it was something they really wanted to try.

And finally, thank you annonymous1 for setting up and managing this Secret Santa!

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

@hipquest No worries! i love the holidays, i've done a couple of these for my after school care kids during the holidays too :smileyhappy: 

i think it would be better to post on elfster, its easier to keep everyone participating in the know :smileyhappy:

and i mean theres a min, but no max, so lets say you add something off budget and my budget allows me to buy it, then i will, but not all of us have the same budget, so depending on you you get its really up to them.

theramenlover

Sounds great! Thanks to everyone for setting this up :smileyhappy: I can't wait till Christmas now! 

P.S. Expect lots of Xmas themed things from me, I tend to go crazy for the holiday xD

annonymous1

[ Edited ]

Ok girls, i took everything into consideration and yes the Min is 35, if you would like to spend more you can but you don't have too, i also have made it not limited to sephora items like i know that @hipquest wanted to send wine (but remember not all of us are 21+) when you get assigned a person Nov. 11th, you can ask questions to their page anonymously, asking if they would want cards, candy, other beauty items etc. but the majority of us have made wishlists on elfster, so lets keep it limited to things the people want, and if you want to add a couple personal touches by all means go ahead. but thats the reason for a wishlist, so people tell you things they would want.

but i really don't want to keep changing the rules whenever someone has a new option, so after this i'm not changing anything. i'm sorry but i want to keep everyone happy and keep it consistant so thats how it will work :smileyhappy:

-enjoy girls-<3

hipquest

Wine was my example NOT what I plan to send if not desired, just an example. I am excited to get to know my beautiful Sephora friends. Happy shopping, ladies!

DTalksAll

I like wine! :smileytongue: 

hipquest

Me, too! If you'd like PM me and we can talk wine. Cheers!

linda84

I was already excited for Christmas, even though it is October, but now I am REALLY excited! This is going to be so much fun! :smileyhappy:

Candy357

I'm just saying I will probably spend 50, just because I always over buy. I love giving gifts :smileyhappy:

But for what I get, I am just thankful. : ) I appreciate everything. I specially love cards, I am such a card freak. :smileyhappy: And candy. I always go for the candy and cards. :smileytongue:

hipquest

I am signed up! I am good with any amount, but I would like it to be open to items other than Sephora. For instance, a wine lover would be a perfect recipient for me. I could make a nice package based around a bottle of wine. Just a thought.

DTalksAll

I agree with Jaimelove. Secret Santa is supposed to be about the holiday spirit, not getting an expensive item we have on our wish list that we can just purchase ourselves. 

I've participated in a bunch of different secret santas over the years from beauty blogs, forums & sites. 

They were all the same:

- low set price ($25 was the norm, a few would be $35) 

- Organized, rules laid out beforehand 

- Gifts were personal, as in something was bought from the beauty wish list, but would include a few holiday items like an ornament, candle, figurine, mug... 

Candy357

(0) Hearts

Would love to do this.
I think 50 is perfect!

jaimelove

i think $35 is a better limit. we don't *have* to purchase from sephora, and honestly i'm fine with something like a rollerball, or even a nice christmas ornament or something like that. there are some pretty amazing ones out there. some people collect specific items, and you could easily find someting for a collection for less than $40, but the gift would still be equally nice or nicer than something purchased here. i don't think it's so much about getting  "high end" gift so much as it is about the fun in participating and the anticipation of what you could get, and my favorite is always getting to see someone's reaction to the gift you got them, especially if it's something special. and if you want to stick to spehora there are plenty of gift sets, especially around the holidays, that are even under $30. i don't know. $40 or $50 still seems a bit steep to me. i am SO excited to do this, but i think it should be practical. if someone wants to spend more, that is ok. but i think more people would be willing to participate if there was a more reasonable limit. 

ellevee09

35.00 is good and it will be our decision to spend more or not. :smileyhappy: 

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

i think most people will agree, i just want to see what everyone wants :smileyhappy: according to everyone so far it will probably be 40

qmgirl

(0) Hearts

40 is ok with me :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 77 replies
  • 75 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave