annonymous1

SEPHORA SECRET SANTA 2013

[ Edited ]

-, THIS POST IS BACK UP AND RUNNING, US ONLY! -

i decided to change a couple things, and i understand how some people wouldnt be Ok with sending addresses, so we will be using Elfster.com (thank you Jamielove!)

http://www.elfster.com/exchange/view/9256154/0ba979

the min is $35.00 and there is no max, so we at least will all have a 35$ present at our doors around xmas, whatever you want to add is fine, but we all have made elfster accounts with wishlist's-please pick a gift from the wishlist, whatever personal touch you want to add is fine, or if you want to add xmas ornaments or other xmas cute things you find by all means, but check with the person your giving them too, on elfster your allowed to ask anonymous questions to see what people would like, you can do this when you get someone assigned to you.

on elfster when you get assigned a person you can ask them questions annonymously, you can ask them if they'd like candy or a card etc. 

i have created this group for US only, if anyone else would like to do a canadian/international santa thats fine as well but i will keep this list for the US only.

the deadline to sign up is NOV 10th the day we get assigned to someone will be NOV 11 th, elfster will notify you by email,

we will have roughly a month (Until DEC. 9) to look for and buy the gift, they ideally will be sent out on the 9th.

on elfster, everyone will have to sign up and create an account, its free, from there you create a wish list and title it whatever you want, adding items that you would like your santa to see.

-MAKE SURE ON YOUR ACCOUNT INFO YOU ADD AN ADDRESS SO YOUR SANTA KNOWS WHERE TO SEND THE GIFT-

only the person who gets assigned to you gets to see your address, so its kept private from everyone else in the group :smileyhappy:

its fairly simple and fun so lets keep it that way!

thank you to everyone who participates i love the holidays :smileyhappy:

-as of Oct. 3rd i'm not changing any of the rules anymore, whatevers set is set, i understand we all vary in opinion but i need to keep this consistant, thank you guys- 

annonymous1

Re: SEPHORA SECRET SANTA 2013

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Ok everyone say what they wouldnt mind paying like i personally am just going to pick something off the wishlist, but everyone post what they ideally would like to spend (remeber what you want to spend is also what you recieve, if you don't want to spend more then a certain amount, alot of things will be cut!)

i'm going to say 40-50

Panda168

(0) Hearts

I'd say 40-50? 

linda84

That is a good price range, but I think a set price would be better. That way no one feels like they spent more then what they received. What about a set price of $40, $45 or $50? I know we are all on different budgets...

qmgirl

I agree. This way no one feels cheated. You can purchase multiple items to total $40 (lets just use that as an example) or buy one item that is $40 but everyone spends and receives the same amount.

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

i think 40 sounds good, as long as its okay to everyone participating it sounds good to me

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

i've had so many diffrent responces, i mean i truthfully don't care if my gift i send out ranges 10 from the one i got, i know some people can't afford it, but i've tried to keep the range really low, but i thought also sephora has a sale mid november for f&f, hopefully we can buy the presents during that time and have 20% :smileywink:

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Exactly, the sale is Mid November, but you want the gifts sent out early November. How does that work? 

linda84

I know it is difficult for all of us to agree on a price. Maybe we can take a poll? I am fine with $40. Let's see what everyone else thinks.

DTalksAll

I think everyone who is participating should agree on a price. It just seems like you're all over the place. You said you wanted to get it rolling, but you haven't thought everything through. You wanted everyone to send you a PM with their address, but then use a website for other info, after you already read that sites do all the work for you & it's safer. 

And price... you say $15- $30 spending limit, then it's $25-$50, now all of the sudden it's $55.  I don't even spend $55 on my cousin. Can it please be something reasonable & set. Not here one second & there another. 

I know you want it done quickly, but my experience from running a TSB is you need to give it time. Think everything through, discuss the details and then start. 

Early November also seems a little early for sending out gifts. That's before we even get any of the codes/sales from Sephora. Typically Secret Santa is done in December. It's worse then the department stores. Can we enjoy Halloween & Thanksgiving before we start to sing carols & exchange gifts? 

I don't mean to be a brat, but all this just seems really rushed & unorganized. 

Panda168

[ Edited ]

Yay! I signed up! Soooo excited! :smileyhappy:!!!!!!!!!

annonymous1

(0) Hearts
DTalksAll

You commented on my comment in this thread http://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB/Secret-Santa-this-year-maybe-canadians-and-americans/m-p/704961/...

I don't like giving out my address, and prefer a secure site for something like that. 

Besides, it does ALL the work for you. Each person registers in a group (have 2 different groups), we set a limit (Is it $15, $25 or $35? you need to decide that) They put in their address, and add some items to their wish list. The site will assign someone to you. ONLY that person get to see your address. No confusion, no organizing... easy peasy. :smileywink: 

Google "boogspace" 

jaimelove

i used elfster and it was great for this. i think that's how it should be done, everyone registers and the creator of the group hits a button and everyone gets matched, and only the person who draws your name gets your address. 

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

http://www.elfster.com/exchange/view/9256154/0ba979/

i tried Boogspace but i ended up liking elfster better, but thank you dannyc! :smileyhappy: the min is 25, max is 50 

DTalksAll

1 set price. I don't want to spend $50 on someone, only to get a $25 gift. 

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

Ok got it, i fixed it.....hopefully that will be okay with everyone 

Panda168

I would definitely feel more comfortable with this too. 

I think it being called "boogspace" is  funny haha. Anyone remember Boogerman from our Sega Genesis days?

Panda168

(0) Hearts

Is there a max because I don't want someone to potentially get me something worth more than what I got them and risk them being unhappy. 

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

Max is 55 :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

I kinda wish the deadline was closer to Christmas.....a nov 5 deadline seems super early for secret santa

annonymous1

we will see who we get on the 11th

then we have a month to pick and choose what to get 

Day gifts go out - Dec 9th 

closer to christmas :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 77 replies
  • 75 hearts
  • 22 in conversation