berniebeauty

Room Work Out Plan

I have come up with a work out plan that I think I'll actually be able to do! I just want to get toned, get a bit of muscle but not necessarily bulk up or anything, and I think I might have just found a plan that will work for me because long work outs are two things to me. 1) Not compatible with my schedule and 2) BORING. So here is what I shall do... 

Pick a room (for me it is the bathroom) and every time you enter do a mini work out. It can be something like 20 squats split up into groups of ten by 5 push ups, maybe 10 jumping jacks, 10 crunches, and some calf raises, or whatever. Just little sets of easy things, and they can be different each time, but you can focus on an area that needs work (for me inner thighs, tummy, and arms) 

I figure that I go into my bathroom enough times that by doing just a few things each time it will add up to what I might do in a full workout. While it is definitely not the same as going to the gym, its better than nothing, so I'm going to try it and see how it works :smileyhappy: 

If you want to do it too I think the key things are to not overload yourself, (just a few things each time you enter the room) , remember to do it, and most importantly don't cheat! Pick a room you go into a lot! You still do want it to be socially acceptable though, so don't do something like your first period class, or the local restaurant lol :smileywink: 

~We are all beautiful~

melissabt

Re: Room Work Out Plan

If I'm sitting at home, I like to do chair dips! It really helps tone your arms and you can still watch tv while doing it. I live near the beach, so on nice days its always an incentive for me to go on a walk/run.

<3 Melissa
DTalksAll

I'm a huge fan of Jillian Michaels' DVDs. They are short 20 minute full body workouts. 

The mini 5 minute workouts are a great bonus, but you're not raising your heart rate enough to burn those extra calories and help tone muscle quick if you just do that. 

lovelyred139

I'm completely addicted to Jillian Michaels DVD's.  My collection is a little embarrassing at this point, but I love having the option of variety depending on my mood/schedule.  If I have the time, her 45-minute full body workouts are awesome (her new Hard Body DVD is fantastic), and if I'm pressed for time either a Ripped in 30/30 Day Shred Workout leaves me just as exhausted.

I've been using her videos off and on for awhile now and I've got a six pack for the first time since being a high school athlete.

janinebt

(0) Hearts

One of the perks about occasionally working from home is the fact that I can go to my complex's gym during my lunches.

If I'm having a mellow day or feel like getting some fresh air I will go for a walk during my lunch for about 30 minutes or so.

I also always aim to do a few hundred sit ups or crunches on days that I'm not in the mood to workout, just to keep my muscles stimulated. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
mafan

Good luck, it's an interesting plan.  (Not good for the ladies' room at work, though, you're right on that!)

I could do with a plan that included more toning.  For me, I try to walk for about an hour at least 3 times a week.  I walk the parking lot at work.  I know it sounds silly, but when the weather is good lots of people do it (although I walk a bit faster than many).  It's a good break from my desk and a great way to change my focus or get my annoyance out.  And we have a lot of parking lot area to walk up and down!

Every day I take clothes for a walk to work in my "Little Miss SPF" bag from one of the sun care kits.  It stays at work or comes home with damp things if I get to work out. I need a shower afterwards.  I learned that walking in my work clothes made for a very uncomfortable afternoon.  It's also a great way to use up some of my shower gels and the large amount of sunscreen I bought last year!  My small sunscreen bottle just lives in my bag (and I have a sample size of stuff I'll put on my face/neck in there, too.)

My daily walks are what helped me keep my sanity at work last year, even if it added to the length of my work day.

drrragon

That is awesome!  I love that idea of doing a bunch of mini-workouts throughout the day!  Forcing myself to actually do it is another matter though....

Good luck berniebeauty! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • melissabt
    • drrragon
    • berniebeauty
    • janinebt