Kiki1517

Reviews

[ Edited ]

Does it bother anyone else that people are allowed to post reviews on something they haven't purchased? I was looking at the UD Mother Lode to post a pic and I start scrolling: That's too expensive, or I wish I could afford it, or only rich people can buy this, thanks for making me depressed. There should be a box to check if you have purchased the item or a box if you just want to comment on it. 37 reviews and only ONE person that actually has it in hand :smileysad:

syritt

Re: Reviews

I usually gloss over those. It's a little annoying for overall stars at a glance, but I take all reviews with a grain of salt. What bothers me more is when people don't write the shade they're reviewing.

lilyyy

It's assume that you should only review items that you have used, too bad people prefer to post whatever rather than thinking about what's the most helpful.

This is like reviews on Amazon that say "I don't like this seller" or "the price is cheaper elsewhere." That's fine at all, but the product doesn't deserve a 1-star rating just because you bought it cheaper somewhere else. You are reviewing the product only.

Kiki1517

Yes, I've said before it would be also soooo helpful if people posted what shade they bought because alot of times one shade is great and others aren't. I always look to the side and see the reviewer's skintone and coloring when I'm contemplating their review as well.

nebel

YES! OMG I saw this today and I was all "why on earth is this allowed?"

Basically, the "review"  was someone giving the product in question one star and saying they were afraid to purchase it because they read in other reviews that someone had received a defective product.    It makes NO sense.

What is the product with 37 reviews???

Kiki1517

The UD Mother Lode. I just received it and put up a picture, I've already used their shadows so I don't need to actually try them out. But only one other person had bought it. I felt like I was on Facebook and everyone was just commenting on how irrational that purchase would be and UD is crazy for offering this because no one is going to buy it.

nebel

Actually, economically, if you can afford to spend all the money at once, I think it is a great purchase!  It comes out to way less $$ per shadow than buying them individually! Nothing irrational about that!

Kiki1517

That's why I bought it. I actually don't have very many UD because they are usually pricey, but with the 20% off code, they come out to about $7 each, which is cheaper than MAC and comparable to less HE brands and I'm getting the best quality.

lilyyy

[ Edited ]

$7 is comparable to the L'Oreal Paris Infallible Eye Shadow which is $6.97. UD is 1000x more pigmented and silkier than L'Oreal

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Yeah, just seems crazy cuz you normally don't buy this many shadows at once. 

lilyyy

There is a market for everything! On more than one occasion I wished that certain brands would just have a "one of everything" option so I don't have to go click over and over again to add every color to my cart. This happens a lot of nail polish and eye shadows.

rikkie

calamityjane85

[ Edited ]

Now it only shows two reviews , kiki and Jessica's do you think they deleted the rest??

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Weird, I went to look and still saw all the old ones, then refreshed and it just showed the two. Much more useful though, I have to say. An opinion from someone who actually owns the thing is so much more helpful than someone just saying it costs as much as several of their car payments, haha. 

Kiki1517

I guess it helps sometimes to speak up :smileyhappy:

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

Yeah!! 

ghkim

(0) Hearts

omg, are you talking about the UD vault? i was just reading the reviews - entirely unhelpful. it was full of people just commenting on how they wish they could afford it, or they have most of these shadows already, or they want it for christmas. not helpful.

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I changed my post to reflect that. It's hard to thread to see what people REALLY think about it.

MermaidBarbie

Yes, I agree, it does bother me. It also bothers me when people rate the product 1 star due to the wrong shade, etc.

janinebt

Yes! I'm guilty of looking at reviews before purchasing things...not just when it comes to Sephora but for other things as well: clothing, electronics...the list goes on and on. It's so unhelpful when people post things that don't really contribute to the product's overall quality/useage. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 60 replies
  • 135 hearts
  • 39 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • fashionforlife18
    • hydee77
    • anaa