irenet

Ready to Share? Tell us a fun fact no one knows about you:

Other than being obsessed with make up and Sephora, tells us something most people don't know about you. Is it that you're really a nerd or that you can twerk really well? For me: most people don't know that I'm a die hard Star Trek fan. I own most of all the series on dvd and I could watch hours of episodes on Hulu. That and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. What about you?

EvangelineDamon

Re: Ready to Share? Tell us a fun fact no one knows about you:

(0) Hearts

I love country music.

I'm not even to sure when it happened.

I've been trying to deny it for awhile, but I cannot anymore.

And not Taylor Swift & Carrie Underwood type country, but Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, EmmyLou Harris, Ernest Tubb, Buck Owens-type of country.

heartsmyface

I collect my little pony trading cards and game cards:smileyhappy:  

i collect spirit hoodies and animal ears because wearing ears makes the world a better place!  

i throw themed parties every second week to keep life interesting.  We're having a pirate party next weekend:smileyhappy: 

last weekend we threw a mlp party for my friends 32nd birthday! 

chocopudding

(0) Hearts

Hahaha I still have more than several my little ponies....the new ones just don't look the same!!!

notcreative

I loved My Little Ponies and Cabbage Patch dolls.  They were the best.

chocopudding

I had a cabbage patch doll too. LOL with the birth certificate!!!!!

notcreative

I was so sad when I lost all of my Cabbage Patch dolls and their birth certificates.  The closest thing I know of for this generation is the Build a Bears.  They get birth certificates too.

chocopudding

Yeah, you know, when they opened one of those Build-A-Bear things at Metrotown (in Vancouver), I thought they'll never survive as a business, given how kids are so tech savvy and, well, grown-up, compared to when I was a kid at that age! The outfits aren't cheap either!

BUT....it's still going strong years later, and I'm glad to know that there are still kids out there with imaginations and innocence :smileyhappy:

Heck, I walked by just the other day and wanted one of those 'My little pony' ones. It had iridescent wings! :smileysad:

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

DOOD.... MLP! That is the sheeet. My favorite pony is Pinky Pie. Did you watch the episode where Spike gets greedy and starts taking everything? When he gets to Pinky Pie's bakery, she throws pies at him and the other ponies tell her to stop giving him pies and she says that she is "assaulting" him with the pies?!

a5n8g8e2l4

[ Edited ]

I am a major anime and MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) fan.

Also, although I'm disabled due to visual impairment and bi-polar, I have a BA! I'm very proud of that.

The BA is in Classical Humanities. I've been interested in that subject since I was 9, when I read "Antigone" by Sophocles. And while I love the Roman love poets, Sophocles still holds a soft spot for me.

I've had over 30 eye operations, and local anesthetic no longer works on me. It failed during the last operation, and I could feel everything. I refuse to have any more operations under local, it's going to have to be general anesthetic from now on. I just hope I never have another experience where the anesthetic fails!

chocopudding

(0) Hearts

That is a huge accomplishment! :smileyhappy:

And you're so brave for undergoing all of those surgeries. Especially the last one! I hope that you won't have to have any more surgeries.

luckystar8686

Growing up I had a phobia of cotton balls- yes, cotton balls.  I hated the feeling of them in between your fingers and the sound they made when rubbed together.  I found out it was because I was a toddler and had chalk in my mouth for over an hr and the texture/feeling is very simular-- probably conditioned me when I touched a cotton ball afterwards!  Had to get over that phobia real quick when I wanted to become a nurse!

Most people have no idea I met my BF online! Hahah

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

I have a similar phobia--I can't stand cotton in my mouth. Whenever the dentist puts cotton in my mouth (for any procedure), I just cringe. It's like nails scratching on a blackboard to me. I can't explain it.

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

That's so interesting! I LIVE getting my hands on cotton balls cause of that weird crunchy sensation between my fingers! 

Sonny4President

(0) Hearts

It's an actual phobia! I saw this while searching cheap cotton pads lol

chocopudding

(0) Hearts

I am obsessed with anything Sailormoon. In fact, my nickname in highschool was V-chan (what Usagi calls Minako in the Japanese version), because coincidentally my first name starts with V AND one of my favorite characters was Sailor Venus.

And I love eating anything made of potatoes. ANYTHING.

I competed competitively in dragonboating for several years...but I don't know how to swim. I mean, not swim badly as in technique wise, but as "I-don't-know-how-to-swim-and-I-will-sink-like-a-bag-of-rocks" kind of not swim. I've always meant to learn but never got around to it.........

notcreative

I finally had to Google Sailor Moon, because I have seen it mentioned no less than 10x on BT.  Prior to BT, I had never heard of it.  Now, I am off to Google dragon boating.  

I love swimming.  My husband always jokes that I could never drown, because I am so buoyant.  While he can swim, he is not a great floater and also sinks like a bag of rocks when he tries.  He says he is negatively buoyant.

At least we have the potato thing in common.  And, I am assuming we both share a love for chocolate pudding, right?

chocopudding

Yeah, there are QUITE a few of us Moonies here! I think I liked the story so much because, well, the girls are pretty, but also because the main characters are quite independent! (The creator modeled Sailormoon & company as the female version of Power Rangers (super sentai in Japan).

Hehe, dragonboating is great! I started from a pretty recreational team to a pretty competitive one, so it was interesting to see the transitions in training mentalities and team bonding. I really should learn to swim though. :/ I was pretty interested in learning how to do outrigger canoe (OC-1) in this case, but it's probably safest if I knew how to swim. That thing flips over very easily.....

Haha potato + chocolate pudding! (But not at the same time.....)

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I have heard of the Power Rangers.  My little brother used to watch that show, and he told me I have the same name as the pink one.  I met the pink one at Disney's Hollywood Studios on the Streets of America.  They always  used to hang there until a couple of years ago.  Now, I never see them there, because I think it has something to do with rights or lack of interest.  Not sure.

Yes, you should learn how to swim.  It is one of my favorite exercises.  No knee pain!

I agree.  No potatoes at the same time as chocolate pudding.

miabt

Sailormoon & potatoes... omg you have to be my new BFF <3  

chocopudding

(0) Hearts

HAHAHA we can just sit around and watch sailormoon and eat potato products. <3 <3 <3

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 187 replies
  • 360 hearts
  • 39 in conversation
    • quixotic
    • waterbaby1981
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • dianabt
    • a5n8g8e2l4
    • joeanne