tinaaz

Random Wednesday Questions!

Hi everybody! I hope all your Wednesdays are going awesomely. We haven't had as many random question days recently, so I thought I'd get one started. Hope you enjoy :smileyhappy:

1. Do you prefer facial peels or clay masks?

2. Do you have a drink you always order at Starbucks? If so, what?

3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack?

4. What movies are you most looking forward to this spring?

5. What book(s) are you currently in the middle of reading?

6. How many languages do you know?

7. Who is your current celebrity obsession?

8. Are you a morning person or a night person?

Okay, let's have a go at these.

1. Do you prefer facial peels or clay masks? Actually, both. I love to put on a peel first to get rid of any dead skin, and then put on a mask afterwards. I feel it's more effective after you've just had a peel.

A medium mocha with extra whipped cream.

3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack? Nutella, definitely *tries to ignore large jar of Nutella sitting in the cupboard a few yards away*

4. What movies are you most looking forward to this spring? Probably I'm most looking forward to The Fault in Our Stars. The book is one of my favorites, and the movie looks like it'll be great. I'm going to sob so much, though. :smileyhappy: Also excited about X-Men: Days of Future Past!

5. What book(s) are you currently in the middle of reading? The Cherry Orchard by Anton Chekhov, Paper Towns by John Green, and the second volume of Neil Gaiman's The Sandman graphic novel series.

6. How many languages do you know? English (although my command of that language does seem to slip away sometimes late at night!), pretty good Spanish, and a little bit of German.

7. Who is your current celebrity obsession? BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH. Especially after just finishing the newest season of Sherlock, and now facing a long time before the new season. :smileysad:

8. Are you a morning person or a night person? Definitely a night person. I don't like getting up.

tashalicious

Re: Random Wednesday Questions!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

1. Do you prefer facial peels or clay masks? i prefer the peels for the same reason i like popping bubble wrap.

2. Do you have a drink you always order at Starbucks? If so, what? Vente frappicino

3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack? Dulce De leche ice cream

4. What movies are you most looking forward to this spring? still want to see the Kevin Hart movies, and the movie "Her"

5. What book(s) are you currently in the middle of reading? no books, just a series of articles about a possible cure for Autism, (excited!)

6. How many languages do you know? a know a little spanish and i'm learning portugese

7. Who is your current celebrity obsession? use to be Micheal Jackson

8. Are you a morning person or a night person? night

ladymeag

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

1. Do you prefer facial peels or clay masks? Clay masks. Less weird-feeling.

2. Do you have a drink you always order at Starbucks? If so, what? Oh, man, now you're going to make me sound like a Pacific Northwest Snob. Seattle is home to Starbucks and we kind of view it like the McDonalds of coffee - they're everywhere, they're all but automated, and they are of a standard quality. That said, most coffee drinkers I know in my area don't go to Starbucks - caffeine junkies looking for a fix go to Starbucks. :smileytongue: So, my Starbucks order is a grande quad-shot vanilla latte if I'm in that kind of a bind or out of the Pacific Northwest.
3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack? An avocado with a specific brand of Israeli-import feta cheese. (There are other fetas that do okay but this stuff is just the best tangy, creamy feta.)
4. What movies are you most looking forward to this spring? I have kids and work nights - I don't get to see movies in the theater more than twice a year. Captain America: The Winter Solider; X-Men: Days of Future Past; Maleficent have most of my attention for now. 
5. What book(s) are you currently in the middle of reading? One of the many Vincent Calvino Crime novels by C. G. Moore. 
6. How many languages do you know? Fluently? 4 Smatterings? An additional 2.
7. Who is your current celebrity obsession? I have many all the time. However, my enduring celebrity to drool over is Tilda Swinton.
8. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night. Before I had littles, unless it was required for work I was rarely up before noon or in bed before 4am. 

mityren

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

1  Clay masks

2. I love in one of the 3 places on earth with out a Starbucks with 35 miles, so alas I have no regular drink.

3 um any snacks I don't have to share with a kid or cat. :/ 

4  Maleficent and Devils Due

5 House of Bathory by Linda Lafferty. I'm loving her books right now.

6. English, some Spanish. I am learning German and dabbling in Welsh and Gaelic. Know basic Latin (reformed Catholic) we are also going to begin Swedish and elementary Korean. My son wants to teach English in South Korea after college. 

7 Jaime Winstone actually. I think she's cool and edgy and not afraid to be her.

8. Night! Mornings are blah.

IllegallyBlonde

(0) Hearts

1. Do you prefer facial peels or clay masks? Masks
2. Do you have a drink you always order at Starbucks? If so, what? Just iced coffee with cinnamon powder
3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack? Cheez-itz or white cheddar popcorn.. or jalapeno chips.. MMm
4. What movies are you most looking forward to this spring? Mocking Jay!! Though I have no idea when it comes out (I barely keep track of movies, I just Netflix everything for the most part)
5. What book(s) are you currently in the middle of reading? The Postmortal by Drew Magary
6. How many languages do you know? 1 and a half! (haha, my family speaks Italian but I don't know that much of it unfortunately)
7. Who is your current celebrity obsession? Alexander Rybak! (Norway)
8. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night

dolceloure

1. Do you prefer facial peels or clay masks? facial peels
2. Do you have a drink you always order at Starbucks? If so, what? hot chocolate; consequently I mostly go to Starbucks in the winter, lol
3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack? Little Debbie snacks
4. What movies are you most looking forward to this spring? Captain America the Winter Soldier, and X-Men Days of Future Past!! So SO SO excited!
5. What book(s) are you currently in the middle of reading? slowly reading Life, the Universe and Everything (3rd book in the Hitchhiker's series).
6. How many languages do you know? fluent in English, Spanish and Urdu. Decent French. Really limited Arabic, Pashto, Italian and Portuguese.
7. Who is your current celebrity obsession? Matt Smith, Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hiddleston -- my trio of adorably talented British dandies with crazy amazing cheekbones! *swoons*
8. Are you a morning person or a night person? definitely, definitely a night person!

tinaaz

Oh my yes, the cheekbone trio is quite splendid :smileyhappy:

dolceloure

Next time I get a makeover at Sephora and they ask me what kind of look I want to do, I'm just going to tell them to contour the heck out of my face and give me Tom Hiddleston's cheekbones. :smileytongue:

tinaaz

Yeah, since I have almost nonexistent cheekbones that is pretty much my ultimate wish :smileyvery-happy:

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

1. Do you prefer facial peels or clay masks? Clay masks
2. Do you have a drink you always order at Starbucks? If so, what? Chocolate frap with 3 pumps of peppermint
3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack? Cheetos! 
4. What movies are you most looking forward to this spring? I cant say that I know any of coming out
5. What book(s) are you currently in the middle of reading? Beds in heads
6. How many languages do you know? 1.5 I know some ASL
7. Who is your current celebrity obsession? Hmm, I dont really have one right noe
8. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night 100%

ljp93

I've NEVER tried a facial peel or clay mask before! :smileysurprised:

No matter the season I always always always order a passion tea lemonade!

Hmm.. Probably s'mores granola bars! 

I'm not really sure what movies are coming out this spring! Most definitely Maleficent though :smileyhappy:

I'm really into informative books about science so I'm in the midst of finishing The Grand Design by Stevn Hawking and Leonard Mlodenow

Sadly, just English. I've tried and tried to learn Spanish, but it just doesn't stick with me!

James Franco, always!

A night person, for sure!

tinaaz

You should definitely try some facial peels and mask, they are great! Currently I'm loving Alba Botanica's Pore Purifying Mini Peel, and the Umbrian Clay masks from Fresh.

ljp93

I think I'll try one! :smileyhappy: 

malday

[ Edited ]

Hmm, I like both, clay masks are easier to remove though.

"Grande Dark Roast" lol, their fancy drinks are too expensive considering I'm at Starbucks 4 days a week. If it's hot out then I'll get a Venti Iced Green Tea 1 pump, peppermint 1 pump classic, or a nonfat iced coffee unsweetened. I don't like drinking my calories.

I actually really dislike snacks haha. I get full but it's not fulfilling. I'd rather have a meal.

Maleficent, Godzilla

None at the moment.

I speak English fluently :smileywink: But I have taken Spanish and can still speak/understand it, French which I've kind of forgotten, Japanese although now I can only read katakana and hiragana characters and just barely, and Mandarin which I got a C in but can still remember a few words.

Nobody! I don't follow celebrities too much.

Late morning or night person. I'm usually sleepy in the early morning and afternoons.

gongju87

Peels! I feel more refreshed with a peel

It used to be their chai tea, but then I realized how many cals were in that, so now I always get the passion fruit tea

I love those cinanamon sugar pita chips...I can literally kill a whole bag nom nom nom

I'm not really sure, I'm the type of person who knows a movie is coming out when the previews start up right before it hits theaters...I'm not very good at keeping in the know .

I'm on book 2 of the game of thrones series...love

2...Korean and English

I seriously obsessed with Lilly Ghalici and Doroth Wang...so more like reality celebrities for the moment

Im NOT a morning person, but these days I'm not as much of a night persoan as I used to be...so maybe more like an afternoon person?

solveig

Clay masks tend to go easy on my sensitive oily skin.

A grande soy latte. Extra-hot. I don't like syrups in my coffee. 

BBQ Pringles (I could eat them all day though). And Ritter Sport Espresso chocolate.

VERONICA MARS!!! Unfortunately, it will not be shown in cinemas around me, so maybe a road trip is in my future... :smileyhappy:

I am reading six books at the moment. All of them are my textbooks :smileytongue:

Two that I am fluent in, and one that I can read and understand when spoken, but can barely put two words together myself.

Lana Del Rey

A night person that is forced to live as a morning person. Coffee is my bestest friend.

tinaaz

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I suppose I forgot to include textbooks. That would make the list significantly longer :smileysad:

IllegallyBlonde

Ohh same here! SO fun. lol

spacesuit

[ Edited ]

1. I've never tried a facial peel, actually! I like the way masks get the gunk out of my pores though.

2. I like the refreshers, sometimes I get an iced green tea. They had an excellent one during the summer that was a peach green tea lemonade but it's been discontinued :smileysad:

3. Ice cream. VERY guilty.

4. This sounds weird but I'm not a movie person, I just can't sit still long enough in a movie theater and our local one has the volume turned up way too loud all the time. I tend to wait until movies show up on hulu/netflix.

5. I'm in the middle of rereading all of my Terry Pratchett novels, I haven't picked them up in five years and they're still great.

6. English is my first language. I've studied a few different languages in school but I'm better at reading and writing them than I am at speaking them.. Something about having to pick the right verb tense in real time freezes up my brain.

7. I don't really follow celebrities but I'm super invested in every character on Brooklyn Nine Nine if that counts. I've been marathoning the series after a friend suggested it to me, it's really fun.

8. A night person, definitely.

happygen

What a great thread!  I am new to the Peeling and putting on Masks, so I will gladly follow this thread to see BTers responses to question 1 :smileyhappy:  Thanks!! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

tinaaz

Glad you like the thread. Some recommendations (both drugstore and Sephora) that have worked really well for me are: Origin Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores, Alba Botanica Pore Purifying Mini Peel, Fresh Rose Face Mask, Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Treatment Bar, Boot's Botanicals Conditioning Clay Mask . . . the list goes on and on! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 64 replies
  • 65 hearts
  • 39 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • btmod2
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki