tinaaz

Random Wednesday Questions!

Hi everybody! I hope all your Wednesdays are going awesomely. We haven't had as many random question days recently, so I thought I'd get one started. Hope you enjoy :smileyhappy:

1. Do you prefer facial peels or clay masks?

2. Do you have a drink you always order at Starbucks? If so, what?

3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack?

4. What movies are you most looking forward to this spring?

5. What book(s) are you currently in the middle of reading?

6. How many languages do you know?

7. Who is your current celebrity obsession?

8. Are you a morning person or a night person?

Okay, let's have a go at these.

1. Do you prefer facial peels or clay masks? Actually, both. I love to put on a peel first to get rid of any dead skin, and then put on a mask afterwards. I feel it's more effective after you've just had a peel.

A medium mocha with extra whipped cream.

3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack? Nutella, definitely *tries to ignore large jar of Nutella sitting in the cupboard a few yards away*

4. What movies are you most looking forward to this spring? Probably I'm most looking forward to The Fault in Our Stars. The book is one of my favorites, and the movie looks like it'll be great. I'm going to sob so much, though. :smileyhappy: Also excited about X-Men: Days of Future Past!

5. What book(s) are you currently in the middle of reading? The Cherry Orchard by Anton Chekhov, Paper Towns by John Green, and the second volume of Neil Gaiman's The Sandman graphic novel series.

6. How many languages do you know? English (although my command of that language does seem to slip away sometimes late at night!), pretty good Spanish, and a little bit of German.

7. Who is your current celebrity obsession? BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH. Especially after just finishing the newest season of Sherlock, and now facing a long time before the new season. :smileysad:

8. Are you a morning person or a night person? Definitely a night person. I don't like getting up.

LCResz

Re: Random Wednesday Questions!

1. I like both, but I've read that peels may not be that great for your skin if you have to practically rip them off, so clay masks may be the safer bet.

2. I am a Hazelnut Macchiato girl 4 life.

3. Anything that is sweet and salty. Kilwin's sells dark chocolate covered chili peppers and I would eat them all day if I could!

4. I don't really know what movies are coming out this spring, I tend to wait until things pop up on Amazon Prime. 

5. A Farewell to Arms is currently on my nightstand, but pretty soon I'll be re-reading Steinbeck's The Pearl and Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby to analyze with my students.

6. I am fluent in Spanish (my first language) and English, but I can kinda follow French and German because of all the translating I had to do while reading some heavy stuff back in the day. I'm also working on Arabic because I work with so many people from Arabic-speaking countries.

7. My forever-obsessions are Edward Norton, Jeff Goldblum, Steve Buscemi, Jeff Bridges, and Scott Bakula. Currently though I am definitely an Anglophile, hellooooo Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Mison! Roawr...

8. I am strangely both, so basically I am an insomniac!

tinaaz

(0) Hearts

I love The Great Gatsby! I really need to reread it. Best last line ever.

shyvicki

1. Peels are more effective, but masks are more soothing. It's a toss-up for me.

2. Usually a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino

3. Little Debbie coffee cakes

4. Need for Speed is tempting me

5. The House of the Vampire by George Sylvester Viereck

6. Just English. I know very little Spanish despite several attempts to learn it.

7. Vin Diesel

8. More of a night person.

Alygal90

[ Edited ]

1. Do you prefer facial peels or clay masks? Peels!!!

2. Do you have a drink you always order at Starbucks? If so, what? Nope, I'm not a coffee drinker and have been to starbucks a whole two times :-P

3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack? Chips - greasy potato chips lol.

4. What movies are you most looking forward to this spring? I don't really keep up with what's coming out so I can't really answer that.

5. What book(s) are you currently in the middle of reading? None, atm. Unless textbooks count :smileytongue:

6. How many languages do you know? One fluently - english, obviously. I know small amounts of German - I can read and translate it better than I can actually speak it.

7. Who is your current celebrity obsession? I am definitely going to agree with you on Benedict Cumberbatch. LOVE him!!! Matt Bomer is a close second.

8. Are you a morning person or a night person? Neither really. My perfect schedule would be to stay up until 12 - 1am and sleep until 9 or 10 in the morning. 

green71191

1. Clay masks

2. Either a soy white mocha w/o whip or passion tea lemonade sweetened 

3. Cookie Butter....  i had never tried it until about a month Ago and OMG!

4. Heaven is forreal or something like that?

5. Im currently not reading ...

6. English and Español :smileywink:

7. Dont really have one... 

8. Night person :smileyhappy:

tinaaz

(0) Hearts

COOKIE BUTTER?!?!?!? What is this magical thing I've never heard of?! Must go to the store now :smileyvery-happy:

quotidianus

Ooooh 'butter' made out of cookies.  Speculoos cookies. And it is as magical as unicorns and pixies (but it tastes a lot better!).

spacesuit

If you're near a Walgreens or other drugstore (I see them at Target too sometimes) they will sometimes have the actual cookies used to make cookie butter and they're amazing. The brand is Lotus, and I have a friend living in Belgium right now who says that this is the normal European brand of biscoff/speculoos cookies so it's the real deal! I know Trader Joe's house brand makes speculoos cookies too which are also an option.

StyleLynn

1. Clay

2. Caramel Frappuccino when I want a cold drink, Caramel Apple Spice when I'm in the mood for something hot.

3. Poutine (You can tell I'm Canadian just by that. haha)

4. Right now I really want to go see Labour Day

5. The Power Trip by Jackie Collins - she's my fav

6. Just one - English

7. Eminem

8. Definitely a night person

glossyguru

1, Clay masks

2. Valencia Orange Refresher, mmm so goood

3. Pizza Pringles... Don't tell anyone

4. DIVERGENT OMGHSLFHEIGOSH

5. Not reading a book right now, but I really want to read A Fault in our Stars

6. English, Spanish (kinda), and a bit of Japanese

7. Jennifer Lawrence, forever and always obsessed

8. Night person, I stay up so late lol

tinaaz

The Fault in Our Stars is amazing, you should definitely read it! And yes, Jennifer Lawrence is pretty awesome :smileyhappy: Can't wait for Mockingjay Part 1

glossyguru

I'm so excited I can't even omg

tinaaz

(0) Hearts

I know, Catching Fire was SO AMAZING!!

LindenAnn

All right!

1. Do you prefer facial peels or clay masks? If I absolutely had to choose one I'd go with the peel, just because I need to exfoliate so frequently. I do love doing a peel then a clay mask though, the two just work so well together.

Typically a plain mocha or unflavored latte. But occasionally I'll get a chai tea or peppermint mocha or omething, especially around the holidays. I used to get a shot of Irish cream syrup in my mocha/latte but they stopped carrying it. *grumblegrumble*

3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack? This is probably weird, but...beef jerky. I know, I'm weird.

4. What movies are you most looking forward to this spring? X-Men: Days of Future Past, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and (in August) Guardians of the Galaxy. Anyone sensing a theme? :smileyvery-happy:

5. What book(s) are you currently in the middle of reading? Forge of Darkness by Steven Erikson

6. How many languages do you know? English and Spanish

7. Who is your current celebrity obsession? Tom Hiddleston/Karl Urban

8. Are you a morning person or a night person? I'm a morning person with sleep issues, so I never want to get up. But once I'm up I love it.

tinaaz

Ugh, Tom Hiddleston, stop being so charming and hot and perfect :smileyvery-happy:

DTalksAll

I switch it up depending on what my skin is up to. Usually some sort of peel though, but NOT a peeling mask- I don't like how they tug on the skin. 

Double espresso macchiato - just foam, no steamed milk with cinnamon and 1 packet of raw sugar

Nachos! 

IDK... are there movies coming out? I usually just wait for movies to be released on-demand 

Sadly 0, I've had no time to read lately. I do have a lot of books downloaded on my nook, just need to find the time to read

2- English & Ukrainian

I don't think I have one

Night! I hate mornings

kittichick

[ Edited ]

1. Clay - GlamGlow, FTW!

2. Mocha or Caramel frappe. I am a bad baaaad girl.

3. Snack cakes. Dear god, I really just love those horrible little snack cakes. (::hangs head in shame:: ) Thus I do not keep them anywhere near me.

4. At the moment, I'm working on getting through all the current Oscar noms. It's a Thing for me. The Oscars are my Superbowl.

5. The A Song of Ice and Fire series (the Game of Thrones books)

6. Alas, just the one. Learning different languages has always been my intellectual failing. I know a smattering - and I means smattering -  of French and Latin.

7. Bryan Cranston. Not is a sexy way, but he's just so freakishly talented!! And he clearly doesn't take himself too seriously, which is awesome considering the accolades. I love Jon Hamm and Matt Damon because I love handsome, dramatically talented men who are also FUNNY. And I don't know if you'd call him a celebrity, but I LOVE Matthew Inman, aka The Oatmeal. If you've never heard of or checked this website, go right now. It is The Awesome. SO funny.

8. Night. As evidenced by my frequent 2am postings. ::sigh:: The world is not made for night people.

itsjaimiehere

1. It just depends on what my skin is up to... I definitely switch back and forth.

2. Grande White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino :smileyhappy: 

3. I too, love beef jerky!

4. Maleficent and any animated movies (LOVE going to the movies with my kids)

5. Nothing currently...

6. Two-ish? I speak French moderately...

7. I love the bad boys :/ Adam Levine and John Mayer

8. OMG... Absolutely a morning person! I seriously cannot hang... I fall asleep every time we sit down to watch a movie. No matter how hard I try :smileysad: 

mlmac

1- Facial Peels!

2- Skinny Vanilla Latte... but I just bought a Nespresso so I make them myself now.

3- Sliced green apple with nutella

4- I have no clue :smileysad:

5- Love, InshAllah: The Secret Love Lives of American Muslim Women

6- Two

7- I don't have one!

8- Both a morning person and night person... the afternoons kill me, though!

btmod2

I love clay masks! My favorite one right now is the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask To Clear Pores.

I usually get iced green tea or iced black tea. If it's too cold for iced tea, I'll get a Chai Tea Latte. I love peppermint mochas in December though :smileyhappy:.

Not really guilty pleasure - but I love hummus and vegetables and hummus and pita chips. I also love getting frozen yogurt after dinner. :smileyhappy:

I'm looking forward to the new Divergent movie. I really enjoyed the book.

I just finished reading a book and I'm about to start a new one.

Not really an obsession, but I love pretty much every movie Leonardo DiCaprio is in.

Not really sure. I think I'm an afternoon person. :smileyhappy:

Best,
Ty
tinaaz

Hummus is amazing! And yes, it's about time Leonardo DiCaprio won an Oscar :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 64 replies
  • 65 hearts
  • 39 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • btmod2
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • shyvicki