kalex

Random Acts of Kindness

[ Edited ]

So today I was at the grocery store with all 4 of my kids (oh the joy) and after paying, the gal who was loading the bags back into my cart noticed a bag of chips.  They were in the back of the bottom basket (my youngest was in the car cart) and I had missed them.  The cashier was already helping the lady behind me so just quickly paying for them wasn't an option. I hesitated about waiting to pay or just leaving them when the lady behind me told the cashier to ring them up with her stuff and give them to me.  I offered to give her the cash and she refused.  It only amounted to about $2 but it was a really nice gesture.  Now I need to find a way to pay it forward!

Any "Random Acts" happen to you lately?

wendyomgwar

Re: Random Acts of Kindness

Today I waited for a coworker for almost 2 hours to get out of work so I could take her home. She works two jobs back to back and has to take the bus so whenever I can I try and wait for her since she doesn't live so much out of my way, I know its not a big deal, but she definitely appreciates it.

Meg82

This morning I mentioned to my neighbor that I had just had surgery (I am wicked insecure about how slow I walk on my recovery walks around the neighborhood and so I end up defensively telling a lot of people about the surgery so they don't think I really walk that slowly) and this afternoon his wife came over and gave me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers to help me feel better.  I was really overwhelmed by how nice that was.

miabt

That's so awesome!  It's always great to experience those random acts of kindness from strangers. Just today, I was at the mall picking up some new tea from Teavana & my girls and I wanted to get something from the tea bar.  Knowing my little one never ever finishes her drinks, I opted to just get 2, 1 for me & 1 for my girls to share.  The guy helping us chatted & made my 2 drinks & as we were about to leave, he offered my younger one a drink of her own so that she could be a big girl with her own cup.  He assured me they made "way more than they needed" & handed over the cup, free of charge, with a cheery "enjoy your day ma'am!"  Although I shuddered when he "ma'am-ed me"  his kindness was appreciated :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

dolceloure

I had just taken a train to Paris and was lugging around a heavy suitcase, trying to find the metro. Anyway, I was heading to the stairs and just stood there for a couple of seconds, feeling overwhelmed (I had been traveling in Europe for about 2 weeks already so I was *exhausted*) anyway, this guy came up to me and - without a word - picked up my suitcase and carried it all the way up for me. I thanked him profusely but he just waved me off and walked away, lol. Anyway, I thought that was super sweet!

kalex

(0) Hearts

Nice to know chivalry isn't completely dead!

janinebt

Aw how sweet! I can't say that I've had any nice gestures happen to me recently, but there's nothing more amazing than a random act of kindness.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
beautylovingirl

@crayzeeRN- Yes I have seen the movie and thought it was pretty good.

poohblueberry

I can't recall any *specific* random acts of kindness that occurred for me lately, but I noticed that ever since I gave up all my control to The Big Man Upstairs, wonderful things have been happening.

Examples are: 1) finding the *last* item of whatever I was looking for (on sale, no less)  2) if I'm thinking of something/someone the item/person will manifest itself in a few days time. Last week I was talking to a friend about instead of her having had a ferret as a pet, she should have had a chinchilla instead. Two days later, there was an extensive article in the local paper (I live in a metropolitan area) about having chinchillas as pets! That really scared the bejeezus out of me!  How many metropolitan newspapers have articles specifically about chinchillas? Not too many, I would think. 3) I'm a volunteer at a nonprofit that provides clothing free of charge to those who are disadvantaged. A client needed an interview dress, and after looking through all the pertinent racks, I was able to find the perfect dress for her in a size 16. She was so happy, she gave me a hug.  Another client needed 2 pairs of black slacks in size 24-26. Again, I was able to find her 2 beautiful pairs in her size (plus-sized), along with an expensive beaded dress that I thought that she might like. She was ecstatic that I found her pants size and that the dress was beautiful. She hugged me and called me her angel! 4) other occurrences in the past that were similar to #2 - such as thinking about someone who I haven't seen since junior high (which at that time was 10-15 years earlier) and then bumping into her within a week or two. etc. etc.

There is a saying that Karma is a b***h, but I think that Karma is just wonderful, especially if you're a person who does good!

Just remember that when good things happen to you, it's all because you're a good person to begin with and it's coming back to you!!!! :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

Yeah I had a lady in front of me at McDonald's the other morning who bought a soda I guess she had a 20.00 bill because she told the cashier to keep the change and use it as far as she could on the next customers in line. It really made me glad to know that there are people like that still left in the world and also that afternoon at the gas station I bought a girl's soda that was behind me. I guess it catches on sooner or later.

crayzeeRN

That is what we call Pay It Forward :smileyhappy: Good for you! Have you seen the movie?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 29 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • kalex
    • wendyomgwar
    • janinebt
    • dolceloure
    • crayzeeRN
    • beautylovingirl