beautylovingirl

RANDOM SATURDAY NIGHT QUESTIONS

So it seems that these aren't around as much and I really think there alot of fun so I'm gonna do some more these are all about beauty:

1. Who do you think is the most beautiful person alive today?

2. Is it better to be physically attractive or intelligent?

3.Are beauty pageants good or bad?

4.Do you think beauty affects self esteem?

5.Who would you say is beautiful other might not?

Candy357

Re: RANDOM SATURDAY NIGHT QUESTIONS

1. Angelina Jolie

2. Both

3. Good

4. Yes!

5. Rebel Wilson

janinebt

1. That's tough! Ciara, Megan Fox, Angelina Jolie, Halle Berry..the list goes on and on haha.

2. Intelligent, looks can only take you so far.

3.confession time: when I was in my late teens I was in the running for several preliminarily pageants for Miss California. I think pageants for teenagers/young adults are a very positive thing. It was a phenomenal experience that was full of self discovery for me, especially since I was painfully shy growing up. And I did place during one of my pageants which was surprising since there was some amazing competition.

But I don't really know how I feel about little ones participating. Kids need time to just be kids in my opinion.

4. To an extent yes, but I feel like if you're confidant and kind that's when your beauty truly shines.

5. Again SO many people: Kat Von D, Lady Gaga, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Grace Jones.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
LCResz

[ Edited ]

1. My mom :smileyhappy: but from the celebrity world Sophia Loren.

2. Intelligent. 

3. I think they can be good if the representatives have good platforms they want to support and are well spoken as well as attractive. It breaks my heart to see one of the girls be made to look a fool because she just couldn't think on her feet.

4. Of course. If you don't feel good about yourself it colors your whole world view. However I believe self-esteem comes long before the concept of one's own beauty really takes hold. It comes from your upbringing, the things your family and community value. I grew up in a time and place where intelligence was more highly valued than anything else, and the actresses and models of the era had a "good girl" vibe to them. I can't remember a time when I thought I was ugly, although I know I'm not super model material by any stretch of the imagination. But I carry myself with a great deal of pride and self-worth, which I know can come across as cocky and intimidating to some.So be it, I don't need the whole world to like me, but if you like me you're probably a fellow weirdo :smileywink:

5. Oh my gosh, so many people in my life are flipping gorgeous but they don't see it. I find people who are well-spoken, witty, intelligent, and quirky to be truly beautiful. Looks will fade with time, but my memories of great conversations and hilarious adventures, they will hopefully persist long after the wrinkles start to sink in. It's weird, I see my friends now and I would swear they haven't aged a day, because I guess they haven't in my head.

neko333

I think Andrea Tantaros is really pretty.

Both are beneficial and equally good to have. Relying on either one too much could be your undoing though. I think achieving balance is the most important.

Bad for kids. I think it is horrible what some of these Moms do to their kids. I think for young women/adults they are fine. Many let you win scholarships.I don't see it as anything different from getting a sports scholarship. Athletes use their abilities, pageant winners bank on their appearance and social skills. I say make use of what you were given.

I don't think beauty affects it on it's own. You have so many opportunities to level the playing field with clothes, makeup, hair (It can be done on a budget or over time). I think not trying does more harm to you. It's not difficult but, often I see people give up before they even try. They would rather cash in on sympathy. 

Any woman with class. It's not something that can be bought or applied. 

clarks18

Great questions!!

1. Tom Hardy is the most beautiful man alive and I wish he would be mine ha!  

2. I think intelligence is beautiful and I don't think it hurts to be physically attractive as well.  If you are both than go you!

3. Good if the contestant is the one who wants to participate.  Bad if it's a parent trying to live through their child.  Some of those parents on Toddlers and Tiaras just drive me crazy the way they try and shove their dreams onto their children who clearly are not interested in pageants.  What 2 year old be?  

4. Very much so.  If you feel beautiful your self esteem is going to be higher.

5. Hmm not sure about this question. I recently saw Minnie Driver on NBC's Celebrity Game Night and she looked beautiful.  I haven't seen her around movies or TV lately and she looks amazing.  I hope to have skin like that when I am her age.

DesertRose0706

1 - Male - Ryan Gosling, Female - Megan Fox

2 - I think things can be easier if you are attractive, but more interesting if you are intelligent!

3 - I dont have a problem with them, but I lean towards "bad".  I just remeber watching them when I was younger, and comparing myself to the girls/women I would see in pageants.  I thought I wasn't pretty because I didn't look like them, and I know i'm not the only one who felt that when watching them.

4 - I definetely do.  When I was younger I was not at all comfortable with my appearance and my self esteem really took a hit because of it.  I am fairly certain that I am a quiter, more withdrawn person today, because of my low self esteem issues from when I was younger.

5 - Meryl Streep

jellybean917

Wow, these got me thinking today! Great questions, beautylovingirl! :smileyhappy:

I have a big girl crush on Jennifer Lawrence. She's gorgeous, hilarious, and seems so down-to-earth.

Intelligence, as it is deeper than superficial looks. However, being physically attractive can definitely help out there. I'm thinking about Jon Hamm on "30 Rock", when he was in a "bubble", and even though he was stupid, everyone was so nice to him because he looks like Prince Eric.

30 rock bubble.jpg

I actually did pageants when I was in junior high. However, they weren't like the beauty pageants on TV. The ones I did were more about personality and confidence, as opposed to looking hot in a swimsuit. I'm not a fan of the superficial ones. They make young girls think that all they can offer is their looks, as opposed to being charismatic, friendly, and intelligent.

It certainly does. But there are usually deeper issues that affect self-esteem too. For example, I gained weight in college and my mom was very quick with the comments on it. I lost the 30 pounds and my body actually formed into a nice hourglass. I understand that my body is now technically physically attractive, but I often see myself as that chubby, shapeless girl, as opposed to a curvy woman.

Probably older women with wrinkles and saggy skin that rock it, as opposed to opting for surgical options and being miserable. Hopefully I will age gracefully and feel comfortable in my own skin!

prettyinpa

1- Hmm, that's a toughie. Maybe Angelina Jolie- she has physical beauty as well as an amazing spirit and kindness towards humanity.

2- Intelligent. Beauty fades, but intelligence will see you through your whole life.

3- I think they are bad, it encourages an unrealistic preoccupation with beauty. Especially pageants for kids, that's just cruel because they don't have the maturity to understand what's being done to them.

4- Unfortunately, yes. I feel better when I have spent some time on my appearance, even though I should just say, "accept me as I am".

5-  I think Sophia Loren is still beautiful. She has aged wonderfully, though some people just see her as old.

BeautyJunkie325

[ Edited ]

I'm with Kiki, these are hard -

Its a tie between Selma Hayek & Vanessa Williams

I don't think it's better to be attractive, but in general it may be easier.  As the "intelligent" girl, my attractive friends always seemed to have an easier go in certain situations than a woman who is not traditionally attractive. 

I haven't watched a beauty pageant in years.  I know they are suppose to promote confidence, poise, etc. I do think that it perpetuates the stereotypes in our society.  You never see the clips of the women who give the intelligent answers, just the stupid, nonsensical answers.

Yes

Bonnie Raitt - She is a total kick **bleep** musician & seems totally at ease with who she is & what she looks like.

pinkonyx

swfupload_4663131375381379859.jpg

/\ /\ /\Ciara/\ /\ /\

IDK that's a tough one, I guess ill choose Ciara

Intelligent, then you can make money and get surgery to get hot!

you can buy beauty not intelligence.

Kind of weird, but maybe not bad, but honestly pointless.

YES! I do.

coco, from ice loves coco, she's polarizing either you like her or you don't, and I DO!

tashalicious

1. Ciara popped in my head first

2. being physically attractive opens more doors so i would choose that. sad but true

3. i see nothing wrong with them, its just another form of competition

4.yes, mostly for women and or young girls

5. anybody between the ages of 80 to 100 that lead active social lives and still go to aerobics class.

beautylovingirl

LOVE your last answer Tashalicious!

pinkonyx

HAHA! so funny i swear i didnt scroll to see your answers and i just picked ciara too!!!!

tashalicious

i couldn't find anything to nit pick about her, lol

Kiki1517

Wow these are actually kind of hard and might stir up some debate hehe.

I can't pick one. Different things make different people beautiful.

I think a little of both. I'll be completely honest and say that although I would never date someone that I couldn't hold an intelligent conversation with, I also have to be physically attracted to them.

3. Are beauty pageants good or bad?

I don't really know what they are all about besides the clips of these not so smart girls on stage in expensive dresses stuttering and failing to put together two sentences that even one other human being can comprehend. Can't be any worse than the reality tv and other crap we have going on. But I guess I will say bad just based on that I would never put my daughter in one and watch her act like these ridiculous little girls and their parents on Toddlers&Tiaras. I get migraines as it is lol.

100% yes.

I don't think others will say that he is not beautiful, but I think JR Martinez on DWTS was a great reminder that being a wonderful person is far more important than what you look like.

beautylovingirl

I agree about JR Martinez he is a perfect example of a beautiful person.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 43 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • janinebt
    • neko333
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • beautylovingirl
    • clarks18