Meg82

Quitting smoking update

Hello fabulously supportive BTers,

It's been a week since I started the quitting process.  I decided to greatly accelerate my taper so that I would start grad school as a non-smoker (that way I don't develop any smoking routines or make smoking friends).  As a result I have gone from a pack a day (20 cigarettes) down to 7 a day.  And then I'm spending two days on each number of cigarettes on down to zero.

So far I have saved $30.50 and so $15.25 goes into the beauty bank.

It's been really really hard.  I'm on vacation in Chicago right now with a bunch of non-smoker friends and it's a little easier because I don't have any smoking routines here, but today has been really bad.

I could use some inspiration for things to spend my beauty bank money on.  I'm particularly interested in lip stuff and skin care.  My skin care routine needs a re-vamp and I'd love to hear what you do.  I need inspiration to keep up with the non-smoking, beauty-money saving.

jinxski

Re: Quitting smoking update

You're already a week down! You can do it :smileyhappy:

It's good that you're around non-smokers though, less temptation! Think about how much you can buy with just $15 - sample kits, drugstore makeup, all the stuff you could be getting!

Meg82

(0) Hearts

I'm so focused on what potential things I could buy, it's ridiculous.

Thank you so much for your support.

anaa

I quit 9 years ago.  If you can tough it out for the first few months, you'll be golden.  I don't miss it, nor do I mind being around smokers now.  Get your teeth cleaned as soon as you get down to zero cigarettes, you'll see a difference.   I did recently purchase the Give Me Some Lip set and it's awesome.  Good luck!!

Meg82

Okay.  First few months.  Doable.  Hopefully.  

I'm actually having a cleaning a few days after I'm scheduled to be down to zero so thats good timing.

I'm glad you like the set, I'm 90% sure I'm getting it at the end of the week.

Thank you!

makeupmaven

Congrats! To celebrate your health getting better day by day with the changes you are making, a mask like this would be a fun treatment (would also help to hydrate and revitalize your skin to give you that glow you are going for):

s1483072-main-hero.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/essence-mask-travelmate-P377050?skuId=1483072

Meg82

mmmmm masks.  I haven't even thought about masks.  definitely something to think about.

newermexico

several friends have been using e-cigs for more healthy way to cut down...several advantages to it. check it out...

Meg82

(0) Hearts

e-cigs are my backup plan if this quitting this way doesn't work.  i'd rather not have a nicotine replacement because often you just ended up addicted to whatever replacement you are using.  but if this doesn't work that's where I'm headed.

RemyLee

Since it's the last day for the extra point perk i definitely agree with you!

I'm a smoker too, so i definitely know where you're coming from when searching for good lipcare. Personally, i use amorepacfic's lip treatment. It's the only thing that actually works on me for dehydration and slight pigmentation. I think you should give that a go!

Also, best of luck for quitting smoking. I'm trying to do that myself. I'm going to start throwing in a morning work out routine to try to curb my morning cravings or at least stall for time before i must light up.

Meg82

I've never tried the amore pacific.  maybe when i run out of fresh's advanced therapy I will look into switching.

Congratulations for trying to quit smoking.  It's been wicked hard but i think it is ultimately worth it.

glossyguru

Just think to when the tough times are over. You will be rid of smoking (which personally I think is a terrible and disgusting habit) and you will have all of this money to make you feel even more beautiful! Think of all the things you can buy! 

Meg82

It is a terrible disgusting habit.  Or at least that's how i'm trying to think of it rather than the wicked fun very satisfying way I'd been thinking about before. /o\

No but you're right.  It is terrible and disgusting.  It makes my skin gross, and my teeth gross, and my lips dry and wrinkly, and it makes me cough and get winded way easier.  It's gross and I anxiously await when I finally get down to zero cigarettes (my last cigarette is slated for the 30th of this month) and all the damage to my body starts reversing.

And yes!  I will have so much more money for beauty products! :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

crayzeeRN

Can I give you a virtual hug for your motivation to quit? :smileyhappy: That is a really difficult thing to accomplish, so I give you some major kudos! Keep it up, you're going to feel so good after!

Meg82

I will always accept virtual hugs :smileyhappy:  it has been really hard, but I haven't given up yet so that's good.  Thank you for your support.

crayzeeRN

Just keep on swimming :smileyhappy:

keep-calm-and-just-keep-swimming-386.png

Meg82

Thank you my dear.

LCResz

Oooooh, I also recommend the Give Me Some Lip set! I am looking at picking up more shades of the Tarte and Bite products, I already have a bunch of Buxom colors thanks to another collection that was sold at Sephora (not sure if it's still available but I recommend Buxom, too, if you lip lip glosses that give you a tingly feeling!)

I hate the Nars product! I'm hoping it's just because the shade was so very very wrong for my coloring. The Laura Mercier gloss is nothing to write home about and the Fresh product is a really nice tinted lip balm, so all in all a decent buy, and it's just fun to try out new products! 

Imagine how much more beautiful your lipsticks are going to look against your bright, non-tobacco stained teeth!!! Keep it up!!!

Meg82

(0) Hearts

Yessss no more tobacco stained lips!   The set sounds really cool.  I'm 80% sure it's going to be the first thing I buy next week when I have enough cigarette money banked to actually buy something.

pearlgirl7

Congrats!!!

As for the beauty products, I also think the Give me Some Lip set would be great. I’m looking at it myself. And with Ole Henriksen, I don’t think you can go wrong. You mentioned the 3 Little Wonders, and I say go for it! I am on my second jar of the Sheer Transformation that comes in the kit, and this is literally the first time I have ever repurchased the same moisturizer (I seem to break out from everything!)

Meg82

Thank you for your support.   I am in serious covet mode with that Give Me Some Lip set.  i have to do more research about the OH but I am definitely looking into it.

Mollycj

Honestly keep it up! But in case you really feel like you're about to break try the electronic cigarettes. All they are is water vapor. Plus they have good flavors like chocolate which can surpress your craving for that too! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 103 replies
  • 143 hearts
  • 41 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • melissa93
    • prettyinpa
    • nathaliew
    • anaa
    • pearlgirl7