Meg82

Quitting Smoking Update

Hey BTers!  I figured that now in this period of insanity as we all get revved up for the big sale, it might be a good time to update you as to my progress.  I have been smoke-free for 45 days.  I feel better, I look better, I've saved like $300.  I'm pretty psyched.  I still want a cigarette every day, but the period each day when I'm pining for smoking is getting smaller.  Many days it's just a passing thought.

I think this will probably be my last update about this and I just wanted to say thank you BT, I could not have done it without you. 

esom

Re: Quitting Smoking Update

You go girl! Congratulations on your accomplishment! :smileyhappy:

thesupergirl

Congrats!!!! I'm very happy for you!!!!!!

jojobe

So happy you decided to quit. I love being smoke free and its nice not to have that smell on my kids and in everything I own. It gets easier the longer you go. If you have gotten this far I know you can stay quit...Just imagine that haul you can make with your savings.

hypnoticpoise

That is wonderful Meg82 , my BFF also quit smoking this year, and it does get easier as you've noticed, the hardest part is in the beginning/start. One of the things she mentioned is being able to enjoy smells again, as it made her sense of smell stronger when she quit and the taste of food improved. Major Kudos, you're doing what a lot of other people wish they could do, and hopefully one day will do. <3 :smileyvery-happy:

Esdee

This is an awesome thing to come back and see!  I know I wondered how you were doing a couple of times during my mini-sabbatical from BT.

PoesRevy

That's so awesome, Meg82! Congrats :heart:

LCResz

Congrats Meg! You did it! Here's to the rest of your smoke-free, healthy, awesome life :smileyvery-happy:

BeautyJunkie325

Congratulations!!!!!  So very happy for you.  

lucyshnoosy

That is a truly impressive accomplishment!  Good for you!!!!!!!!!  What a wonderful gift to give to yourself.

mberteig

Congratulations!  That is an amazing accomplishment!

jellybean917

Say what?! 45 days! That's amazing! Keep it up, you're doing so well!! :heart:

ry22

Congratulations! Great job sticking to your commitment to yourself :smileyhappy:

DesertRose0706

Thats awesome!  Congratulations!!!

oklady2013

Congratulations

DrWould

Good for you, that's amazing!! Congrats on your progress. You should be so proud of yourself! 

shortstuff07

I'm proud of you!  So glad you've kicked that habit, plus now you have $300 for make up!  :smileyhappy:

emmaclaire

You rule!!!!  Congratulations on making such an incredibly difficult but absolutely wonderful decision - it's definitely a massive struggle from what I hear, but you will never ever regret it.  You're giving yourself such a beautiful gift by quitting and I applaud your strength and candor sharing such a journey with us!  

lylysa

YAY!!!! I'm so glad to hear, Meg!!!! Keep it up and I know you're going to be doing even better at this! $300 in savings is so much and I know it'll be put to good use for the holidays!

I'm so glad that you FEEL better! So much of the battle is internal and mental, and the fact that you're able to feel good about yourself and this undertaking just reinforces you all the more!

Kudos to you!

Spyski

Time to splurge on YSL lippies like you stated in the beginning of summer, proud of you and your accomplishment! Keep it up! Your mind, body, and spirit deserves the better you :smileyhappy:

ghkim

congrats! former smoker here as well. when you are having a craving, just come to BT and replace the former addiction with this (much healthier) one! you will get through this and it does get easier. big, big hugs.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 66 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • mberteig
    • emmaclaire
    • jojobe
    • ry22
    • lylysa