martka

Quirky habits

I'm new to Sephora and I'm loving to get to know some of the beauty insiders by reading their posts! Because there are so many interesting people, I'd like to ask: What are some of your quirky habits or likes?  Mine include (but are not limited to lol): always having hand sanitizer around, NOT being a morning person, making references to the periodic table of elements, and staying up all night watching the Golden Girls (hence my tendency to not be wide awaken in the morning lol). I'm just wondering if there are any more quirks out there that are wanting to be shared! :smileyhappy:

curvygirli

Re: Quirky habits

(0) Hearts

aww I love Golden Girls!

My weirdo habits : being on Sephora and watching "the nanny " reruns on youtube at night so I wake up LATE. cycle of my life. I can imitate her voice too!

-buying makeup but trying to avoid using it because it will get used up

-I have to count the letters to every sentence I hear someone tell me. Don't ask, it's something I do in my head naturally. Let's just say I'm great at math!

-I am the "what if" girl. I never run, walk fast if it's wet outside, jump up and down when dancing, and I won't fully learn to swim because "what if I get hurt"

-

beautygeek97

(0) Hearts

I'm a total perfectionist! I'm always really hard on myself if I get something wrong. I really need to get out of the habit of doing that though, 'cause it doesn't fly in cheer!! Haha other than that, I really like everything to be neat. I can't function if my room is a mess. I'm also really bad about asking people "What would you do if I...." or "What if..." and then say something extremely crazy like, "What would you do if I grew wings and flew out that window??" That's pretty crazy. I sing constantly too!

Haha I loved your question!

<3 beautygeek97

kimmi1115

Another quirky habit I have deals with my school supplies.  I hate the crappy, recycled notebook paper.  It can be bought extremely cheap, but it tears after erasing a few times.  It drives me nuts lol. 

When I highlight headings and stuff in my notes, each chapter has to be a different color.  Chapters 1 and 2 both cannot be pink.  One can be pink and two could be blue.  Usually I end up going in a pattern of colors lol.  The same applies to sticky tabs I use for book marking.  Chapter one can be pink while two is a different color. 

I'm also picky about pens and pencils.  I love the Papermate Profile smooth writing pens.  I hate the uncomfortable stick pens.  

xelaishea

I have three makeup bags: One for nails/peripherals, one for eyes, and one for skin.  If those bags are mixed up in any way, even if it's just one thing, I dump out the whole bag and re-organize it.  

Also, I play xbox religiously, and I like doing my makeup by the light of my TV.  Forget the bathroom mirror.  A magnifying mirror and white light is the WAY to go.

I apply two different perfumes (DKNY Be Delicious and Love Spell) because they're amazing together as well as apart, and I was literally quite appalled when I found out that Scentsy makes them both as home fragrances.

Man, my quirky things SUCKS.  I tried though :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

1. I cant go to sleep without a cold glass of water on my nightstand. In the rare chance that I do forget my water, I wake up in the middle of the night completely parched and I NEVER ever wake up during the night. ( Unless I forget my water.)

2. I have dozens and dozens of CD's, some at home, some in the car and I do notice when one is missing or out of place.

3. I like things organized and I dont like having too much stuff, especially in my bathroom.

4. I dont trust people that dont look me in the eye.

5. I brush my hair in the shower. I have very long hair and very thick hair and it takes less time that way.

6. I cant go to bed without a shower and I hate taking morning showers.

7. I dont like people smoking in the house or car.

8. I dont like animals inside the house.

9. I dont like people wearing shoes in the house. I'm European and we just dont do that sort of thing. Plus I steam clean the carpets at least once a month.

10. If I had to choose between cooking and cleaning, I'd choose cleaning.

11. I dont like to eat the same thing everyday.

12. I hate meaningless tattoos, especially that barbed wire ring around on guys upper arms. I have no tattoos and will not get any in the future.

13. Also, it drives me crazy when people dont recycle. Its fine when you're out somewhere and you only have trashcans around you, because you're not going to lug trash around all day but I hate it when there's a trashcan next to a recycling can and people put their plastic bottle in the trashcan. 

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Haha what a fun post!

@sephoramusthave I also MUST have water on my nightstand too. Every time I do forget it is the the time I wake up in dire need of some.

I'm definitely a creature of habit, and get thrown off when I need to change my 'daily routines'.

-I always have to cut my sandwiches at an angle, I hate cutting them down the middle and into quarters..There's just something 'fancier' about angled sandwiches.

-Like Kimmi, I hate cheap binder paper. If I need to use lined paper or am in the market to purchase a notebook I will only buy college ruled.

-I cannot go to bed without taking a shower. I know a lot of people are either morning or night showerers (haha is that a word?) but I am most definitely an evening shower type of person. I can skip morning showers with no problem...but I have to have my night shower.

-I find cleaning to be extremely therapeutic.

-I HATE loosing and misplacing things. When I realize something is missing I pretty much won't stop until I find it.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
sephoramusthave

*bump*

lacqueredup

Great thread! I used to eat breakfast but now skip it and have milk. I don't know why but I'm addicted to milk, 2%, 1% even sometimes soy I just get mean if I don't have it.

Also, I used to do things in 2, or in multiples of 2. It was a phase.

Have a nice day!

officegal

I might have a minor case of OCD. Sometimes I find myself lining up my napkin and cutlery in perfect lines or squares during meals and friends have noticed. I don't do it at home but it happens more in public settings and at work too. My desk has to be arranged a certain way or else I'll stop in the middle of a task just to straighten a tray or stack of papers.

Though I can go through a day with faded blush and no lipstick, I hate it when I get a chip on my nail polish. I take off and re-do the entire set of nails if I get one chip.

During meals, I like to eat everything in matching progression. For example, if there's a steak, vegetables and mashed potatoes on my plate, I don't eat one thing first and then another. They all get eaten at the same rate so that there's equal mouthfuls of steak, veggies and potatoes.

Reading this over makes me sound really odd. :smileyhappy:

waterbaby1981

@officegal: if you're slightly OCD, I'm right there with you on the equal amounts of food!

One of my habits is when I make myself a sandwich, I have to eat the crust all the way around first.  Then I try to eat it all the way around and make the sandwich round and keep it equal.  I have to keep the mail stacked nice and neat, and I can't stand dishes in the sink at ALL.  (But that might be a rant for another time...)

tenngal

Just found this thread and my mind has gone blank on all of my quirky habits I guess because I have so many that my brain just overloaded, ha ha.

The main thing about me is organization, especially when it comes to my makeup.  I have a special drawer for brown and green eyeshadows and they have to be kept in neat rows according to their shade range.  Then I have my drawer of purple and pink shadows that have to be lined up the same way and so on which with all the different colors makes me have about 4 drawers of eyeshadow singles and then a drawer for palettes (takes up way too much space, but organized, ha ha).  Then I have my drawer of eye brushes, then a drawer of face brushes, etc.  I guess you're getting the idea, ha ha.  I am pretty OCD when it comes to my makeup and tools.  It really bothers me when I have cleaned my brushes and they are left out to air dry because they are out of place and I want them back in their spot in the drawer, ha ha.  Weird, huh?  Yeah, I know, I know...

Like I said I could probably make a whole list if I sat down and started making notes, so I'll come back and post again if I get a chance.  Great thread!

:smileyhappy:

glamournut

My quirky habit is that I cannot stand my hair down, it has to be tied back like in a pony tail. I can't stand it in my face, although I do have long hair and I will not get it cut off! I also have a problem parking the car straight. I park it crooked and it is hard for me to park correctly, so I always park at the back of the lot and walk. I also like to sing and dance (more like wiggle) when I drive. I must look pretty stupid to the other drivers! lol

tiffanybt

I LOVE THIS THREAD! I also have many quirky habits and alot of those are similar to all of yours. lol

@kimmi1115 I also have to have a particular seat in when riding in a car. I actually love sitting in the back seat on the right hand side. Most times I feel really uncomfortable sitting in the front. :smileyindifferent:

@thecaramelapple - I also make it a habit to have the floors in my apartment really clean, especially the kitchen. I never use mops! I always get on my hands and knees using Clorox wipes or a scrub brush and soap and water.

@pandapple6 - I should take on your habit and not watch a new TV series before bed. I recently got into watching LOST and I haven't been able to sleep early, hence making me not a morning person because I'm officially addicted to the show. If you have to know, I went through 78 episodes in a week. YIKES!

Aside from that I get bored seeing things the same way so I rearrange my room and sometimes the living room at least once a month.

*cheers to quirky habits*

pandapple6

@tiffanybt, after my friend insisted I watch 24 (for the thousandth time) I gave in and I am now OBSESSED!! :smileyvery-happy: It has SO MUCH DRAMA!! I am not an action fan (my FAV series is Ugly Betty), but this has drama which i LUV! :smileyvery-happy: 

prettyinpa I like my routines too! My dog especially likes his routine, if it gets messed up he gets nervous! I get angry if I don't eat at my regular time everyday. 

@naturalbeauty21 I find it easier to get up if I wake up, then lay in bed and watch tv for a while lol

jbyrne I also wash my hair with shampoo, conditioner, my face, then my body, then rinse off lol. I tried it a different way once and it felt weird. 

kimmi1115 I love highlighting. I have a hard time reading boring things like text books without highlighting or underlining or writing in the margins. My friends hate using those type of reading skills but I LOVE it :smileywink: lol 

ohhenri

@pandapple: I feel your pain, I too wake up super early no matter what time I went to bed (it's normally around 6h30, sometimes later, but never after 9h!!!). I used to get up at 5 am for like 7 years, so I guess it stays!!!

@glamournut: I'm so with you on the hair thing!!! I have really long hair (I cut like 5 inches 3 weeks ago and my hair is still in the middle-lower part of my back). But I only wear it tied back. I actually wear it loose one time this year, and some of my students didn't believe it was my real hair b/c it was so long!!!!!!

@tiffany: Glad to know I'm not the only one who moves her stuff around!!! But I just moved in a really old house, and there's only one place my bed fits, so I can't rearrange it now :smileyfrustrated:

@ialli: I read a book, I think it was like 3 years ago, where the main character (a 30-ish years old woman) still just on her bed when the light is close so the monster under her bed wouldn't catch her feet! Well, only to realize that I do the exact same thing!!!!

pandapple6

1) I can't watch a new episode of a TV series before I go to bed or I won't go to bed

2) No matter how late I stay up, I wake up before 8:30!!! :smileysad: 

3) I am very cranky is I don't have Special K cereal in the morning

4) I have to have a purse with me or something or it feels like I lost something or feel empty

5) When I see a pen without a cap or un-clicked I have to fix it so it is closed

6) I use hand sanitizer in the bathroom even if there is a sink within 5 feet 

There are more quirky habits, but these are what I could think of. Good post :smileyvery-happy: 

kimmi1115

@pandapple6  I'm the same way about waking up around the same time.  On the days I somehow sleep in a little longer, if I sleep too long I end up with a headache.

Like others, I also clean or organize when I'm bored. 

For my school stuff, I am very, very picky about it.  I hate the recycled notebook paper.  If I messed up on a problem and had to erase it, the paper would tear.  I also like to keep my school stuff organized.  Even the notes I take have to be as well.  I use a different color highlighter to highlight notes in each chapter.  I don't like 2 chapters of notes beside each other to be the same highlighted color.  I'm picky about the planner I use, too.  It has to have plenty of writing room because the school planner is my college Bible lol.  I live by that thing lol.

speechless

This is great!  I too stay up watching Golden Girls, even though I could probably tell you every line of each episode.,(which now brings us to the question "WHY? Another one of my goofie things is when I give myself mani-pedi, my shih tzu Benji watches me, and when he sees me get out the can of spray on dryer he starts going banannas, so I slowly take the cap off (tail waggin frenzy) and then I spray!!! It is hillarious for about 30 seconds and then I'm goin bonkers with the barking.

Just one more., when my son is gone to school & no one home but me & the dogs I like to take a hot bath and when I get out & am soaking myself in body butter blast Lady Gaga on the Bose & pretend I can sing and dance mimiking her videos.

Not crazy, just quirky:womanvery-happy:

thecaramelapple

I get a thrill out of cleaning the floor, I don't know why but the floors always have to be spotless or it drives me crazy. Another thing is I have candles burning in my home all the time, it calms me down and makes me feel like each room is occupied even if it isn't. Have a really weird obsession with Yankee Candle, currently its my favorite store in the mall.I can spend hours in there which makes me feel like a weirdo. I don't like having too much stuff, I'm forever throwing things away, I'm pretty much the opposite of a hoarder. Everything has to be stored in really pretty containers for no reason, otherwise I get mad.

ohhenri

When I go to a restaurant, I need to have my back facing a wall. I can't stand to be seated (?) in the middle of the room. Fortunately, all of my friends know that, so they always let me have the wall seat!!!!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 111 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • officegal
    • prettyinpa
    • ohhenri
    • sephoramusthave
    • glamournut