Questions to Start Your Week off Right!

nebel

Questions to Start Your Week off Right!

Happy Monday, Loves!

1) Please share something you did this weekend that made you happy!

2) What is your FAVORITE body sunscreen?

3) What is the name of your firstborn? If you don't have children yet, what names do you like for your future children? If do not plan on having children, please share a name that you think is great!

4) If you had to pick one, would you prefer a pedicure or a facial?

I hope you have a beautiful day!

nebel

Re: Questions to Start Your Week off Right!

(0) Hearts

your four legged children are beautiful :smileyhappy:

rikkie

(0) Hearts

They really are! I love Isabella's fur, I have always preferred short haired cats but hers is pretty!

Titian06

@DesertRose0706 - I had to laugh when I read the names you picked.  Since no one else said anything, I can only think it was only me who noticed...James Taylor.  Am I the only one who knows who that is?  Of course, I did grow up in the ancient 1970s, didn't the strains of "**bleep**, This Traffic Jam" or "Fire & Rain" or my favorite with ex-wife Carly Simon "Mocking Bird" run through your brain when you read those names?  OK, it was just me.  Now I'll have to get out my James Taylor albums (yea, true blue vinyl).

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

I caught it too!  I suddenly starting singing "You've Got a Friend."  :smileyhappy:   Would love to hear me some James Taylor right now!

ChicDabbler

1) A nice bath with Pine/Rosemary/Mint sugar bath cube! I'm so in love with this scent, and the fizzy cube feels more appropriate for summer than a hot bubble bath.

2) Favorite body sunscreen, the spray on kind from Neutrogena.

3) Name....well, I'll just reveal the alias I usually use for blog/forum/internet activities then: Fanya Valentine

4) I would love a facial. I'm kind of insecure about my feet.

lolo01

1. Celebrated my birthday early.. (Ill be having surgery the day before my actual bday).. My hubby gifted me Micheal Kors Shades and my friends pitched in to gift me some Tiffany Aviators I had been gaga over :smileyhappy:...Last but not least spent my giftcard from boss at Sephora :smileyhappy:.

2. Banana Boat...love the smell

3. Alexander is my little man's name

4. Facial 

prosopon

Well, happy birthday (early)!  Hope your surgery goes well!

lolo01

(0) Hearts

Thank you :smileyhappy:

prosopon

1. Something that made me happy was singing in a gospel choir

2. Sunscreen fave is Nuetrogena ultra sheer dry-touch spf 55

3. Names I like are Charis (pronounced care-iss) and Michael

4. I have never had a professional facial and it sounds really fun, so definitely a facial.

beautylovingirl

@nebel- Yes it is especially if you have a very busy week. I usually am the type where I never sit still but this weekend I did and loved every second of it.

beautylovingirl

1. Something that made me happy this weekend was doing NOTHING! YAY!

2. Vivite Body Lotion.

3.Brandon

4. Facial

Great post! Lots of Fun!

nebel

Doing nothing is SO NICE sometimes :smileyhappy:

mafan

I went to my Sampler Guild's fun summer meeting.  People bring things they don't want, sell them to others, the guild gets some money and we all get new treasures.  Then we had a BBQ at the guild founder's house.  A lot of people came and it was great to hang out and visit with people.  The heat even broke a bit for us to not swelter.

Dr T's Supergoop (the Everyday for Face and Body).  I love it and am very happy to pay the price.  I thought I was allergic to sunscreen and trying this in the sun safety kit a couple of years ago helped me figure out my problem is Oxybenzone.  I bought a pump bottle of it last year (and then more when it was on sale).  I keep a bottle at work and put it on before I go out for a walk at lunch time.  It is so nice to be able to safely get some sun.  I just found out that they make a spray, too, and picked up a can of the SPF 30 at Ulta.  (Sephora only carries the 50 in a smaller can on-line, and I was really happy to find this in store.)  I don't care what it costs -- it beats wandering around Disney World with ESPN across my butt because that was the only thing I could find in long pants!

And can I just add that some amount of sunlight is really healthy for you.  Even just a bit?  If you never go out in the daylight at all in the summer months, get your doctor to check your Vitamin D levels at your next physical.  Most women are deficient, especially as they get older.

3) What is the name of your firstborn? If you don't have children yet, what names do you like for your future children? If do not plan on having children, please share a name that you think is great!

No kids here, never planned to have any, too old for it now (and eagerly waiting for my body to completely get with that program) and I never really picked out any names.

If I had to pick one, I guess pedicure.  I might get one sometime.  But I'm one for the massage option.  How dare my massage therapist go on vacation for so long and make me wait until the 26th!

nebel

(0) Hearts

Mafan, what you say about Vitamin D is very, very true.  I am very fair and have always been religious about sunscreen... well, last summer I was so vitamin D deficient I was actually symptomatic. I was breaking out into hives and having terrible limb pain- after several trips to a very confused doctor I saw a rheumatologist who diagnosed me after taking ALL THE BLOOD (my levels were almost rickets-low)   and I had to go on prescription levels of D to build up my stores.  It is actually a hormone, so a deficiency can cause a LOT of bad reactions.  I learned my lesson and now I'm VERY conscious about my D intake!

rikkie

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I wonder if I have done this to myself in the past, I have had all sorts of weird symptoms including such bad leg pain for no apparent reason, but I avoid sunshine like the plague and in my hometown it can easily be winter from october to april and often you leave for school/work in the morning in the dark and by the time you're done it's dark again already and it's easy to go days without seeing the sun. The (short) summer tries to make up for it, (when it's not raining) the sun can be up at 5AM and dusk isn't until after 11PM, but I still never got much in the way of sun. Basically everyone is low on Vitamin D already here just from the lack of sunny days, but I kind of think it's likely I was running on empty! I must say being in Mexico made it a lot easier to get sun, even for me, but I should probably still look for vitamin D supplements.

PS I am glad your doctors figured it out and I hope it didn't cause you any lasting harm!

laurabt

[ Edited ]

Hello!!

1) Something you did this weekend that made you happy? I went to my friend's bday party on Sat. It was a fun time!

2) Favorite body sunscreen? Coppertone Sport Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50

3) Names for future children? I have no idea! Not something I have put thought into.

4) Pedicure or a facial? Pedicure; I love a good foot rub!

:smileyhappy: -Laura

clarks18

1. Going out to dinner with just my mom and dad.  I'm the oldest of 4 so I don't get a lot of one on one time with them.  It was fun.

2. I always wear Target's Up and Up brand sunscreen.  That's is only when I actually brave the sun.  I'm a vampire.  I stay inside in the summer.

3. I don't have children yet but I'm hoping that when I do I have some girls.  I really like Violet, Vayda, and Vivian. 

4. Pedicure always.  I'm learing of trying new face products.  I know Bioelements is sometimes the choice of spas for their facial products and I am NOT a fan of that brand.  I love getting my feet massaged it's a luxary in itself.

arielaaaaaaaa

Yayy for more Questions! Why are these soooo fun??

Hmm I had a pretty relaxing weekend of not doing much. My favorite part was finishing a new Video game! I'm totally in love with it. 

I don't wear sunscreen on my body. I'm not one to be out in the sun....EVER. I wait till the sun goes down to do anything because it's sooo hott. 

3) What is the name of your firstborn? If you don't have children yet, what names do you like for your future children? 

Well i don't have kids, I don't know if i will ever plan too either! But i do have names!! All are for girls, i actually wouldn't have a single boy name in mind if i ended up with a boy...But for girls, Scarlette, Aria, and Leira are my top Faves!

FACIAL. I've never had a pedicure, is that bad? My feet aren't gross or anything i just have a weird pinky toe that i don't want someone starring at..Lol

nebel

Haha, I was all "Is it weird to ask people about baby names when I don't want kids myself?" and then I figured that I have like a million names I love for my kids that I'm not gonna have, so maybe other people did too!

What game are you playing?

xoxo

dianabt

@Kenny bellydancing is SO fun! I was doing it for years before I just had to stop since I had no time anymore. :smileysad: Are you doing a class or dvd and is it a tribal dance or a cabaret style? I did a tribal fusion which was more traditional cultural dancing but still had a few fun flourishes and techniques used in cabaret (think vegas showgirl) dancing! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kenny

(0) Hearts

@dianabt I'm actually taking a class. My class does a little bit of everything, depending on who's teaching the class that day.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 86 replies
  • 149 hearts
  • 36 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon
    • arielaaaaaaaa