violalea

Question about ebates

So any of you beautiful ladies has used ebates before? I keep seeing it on tv and I was thinking to try but I am kinda afraid. Why would they give us cash back? Too good to be true right?

ilovebears

Re: Question about ebates

(0) Hearts

Ebates and other cash back websites make money from referral commission (when you buy something after clicking through their links).

They are able to offer a portion of their earned commission as cash back to us... so it's a win-win, for Ebates and for us!

Also, feel free to PM me for a referral link as well. :smileywink:

nikki

(0) Hearts

I like ebates, I've been using it for awhile and haven't had any real problems.

If anyone is interested in joining, if I refer you, I think we each get $5 or $10, so pm for a link if you're interested. I also think you get a gift card for signing up in addition.  Mine was a $10 card to Target.

Teresaanne92

(0) Hearts

I use ebates! My check that they're sending me is $68.00 :smileyvery-happy: So it deff collects and is worth it. I got my parents into it and they got a lot back during the holidays. It's usually at 2.5-4% but I notice a lot of the time I can get 8-10% back if I wait and watch. A lot of my purchases are made during the 8-10% times! :smileyhappy:

nikki

Me too!

crewfan

starletto8 is right, the toolbar is the way to go that way you never have to look up a website. Now my husband will even click the activate cash back bar when he is ordering cigars! Its as close to free money as you can get!  

starletta8

One of the pro tips is to wait for the daily double to place orders. Frequently I can get up to 8% back for Sephora.

Uber pro-tip: It also works for in-store pickup for stores that offer this service, such as Nordstrom (my usual habit) and Best Buy.

cpeezy

(0) Hearts

I noticed Sephora is down to 2.5%, how often does it go to 8%? is it worth waiting?

DTalksAll

Love you're uber pro-tip! I did the bestbuy in store pickup for my macbook pro & time capsule. Of course it's only like 1% cash back, but hey... it's better than nothing. Lowe's & Bed Bath & Beyond also do in store pickup. If you know what you're going to buy it helps you resist those impulse purchases. 

starletta8

Not only that, if you're going to spend the money at the mall, why not get some back? In terms of Nordstrom, that takes care of my sales tax!

janinebt

Hi violalea,

I've used ebates before. I really like it! It's an easy way to make money so what's not to like about it? Haha. It's totally free, sephora is one of the websites featured!

Whimsically yours,
Janine
carrierose

I love Ebates...I just wish I would remember it more.  I've received over $250 from them and could have earned about twice that much if I would remember to click through their site each time!

violalea

Oh cool. Thanks ladies :smileyhappy:

DesertRose0706

i use ebates whenever i can remember to use it before making an online purchase.  the way it works, is ebates gets money for directing people to certain websites.  so if you go to ebates and log into your account then go to a website, lets say Sephoras, and make a purchase, ebates gets credit for directing you there and helping them make a sale.  i was skeptical at first too, but it is legitimate and pretty awesome!

starletta8

I've been using it since 2007 and have gotten back over $850.  It's totally legit- and I won't online shop without it.

Bottom line: it's just another link referral service, only they give some of the money back to the consumer.

rikkie

Wow, that's not bad at all! and it sounds like the hardest part is just remembering to click through them and not go straight to a site. Pretty interesting!

starletta8

There's also an ebates toolbar which helps to jog one's memory.

Then again, I've been doing this for so many years that it's habit.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • nikki
    • DTalksAll
    • crewfan
    • carrierose
    • janinebt
    • rikkie