FireSpinner

Pumpkin everything! <3

So a couple days ago we had a warm day up here (Ontario, Canada) and i decided to go for my last "summer-ish" blizzard from Dairy Queen. I didn't know until I got to the menu at the drive-thru but they have a Pumpkin Pie Blizzard and O M G it was freaking awesomeness. So if you love pumpkin sweets, visit a dairy queen asap lol. Oh and Starbucks has amazing pumpkin muffin (with a cream cheese filling), as well as pumpkin spice scones, lattes and even Pumpkin Pie frappucino's. Loving fall! Now I just need to go to Bath and Body Works to get some candles and lotions in fall scents like Sweet Cinnamin Pumpkin :smileyhappy:

Happy Fall everyone! :smileyhappy:

Sincerely,

Obsessed with Pumpkins :smileyhappy:

prosopon

Re: Pumpkin everything! <3

Couldn't help myself...just bought frozen pumpkin waffles at Target!

jaimelove

[ Edited ]

i went to trader joe's yesterday and was drooling over all of the new pumpkin goodies... an employee told me they hand THIRTY SIX new pumpkin items in! what?!? i bought pumpkin bagels and pumpkin cream cheese haha. (and pumpkin tea, and pumpkin granola...) 

oh, and ps: starbucks' pumpkin spice scones are ahhhhmazing!

kalex

(0) Hearts

I spent a small fortune at Trader Joe's today and I wanted you know that I blame you Jamielove. :smileyhappy:  I had no intention of going to TJ's today until I read your post.  Now I have Pumpkin: Tea, Cereal Bars, Toaster Pastries, Biscotti, Ale...

melanito

I'm going to share a really easy recipe for pumpkin latte that is amazing and it's a nondairy/dairy version.

2 tbsp pumpkin pie filling (I use the organic kind)

2 tsp of honey/sugar

3/4 cup of any kind of milk (I use almond)

1 cp of tea (I've used a cinnamon tea).

I blend all the ingredients together than heat it up in micro for 45 sec. Super yummy. Pumpkin is so awesome.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

@melanito. Thanks for the recipe! Made it today and it's sooooo yummyyyyyy! I did the cheap version where I boiled water, dropped a orange spice teabag in it, dumped half can of pumpkin puree and a ton of honey, then stirred in the milk and turned off the heat. I am so making it again!

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

Thanks for sharing....can't wait to try it!

wingatprsct

It's officially Fall -  the weather turned cool last night for the first time!  I am making pumpkin soup for lunch tomorrow.  I just got my ingredients at the grocery store!  Yum yum!

ChicDabbler

Oh, aside from pumpkin cake, I also have these 2 recipes I love, both from Smitten kitchen. Black bean pumpkin soup:

swfupload_1420755681986140053.jpg

Bourbon pumpkin cheesecake. I like making them in muffin pans for portion control (because I have no self-control), great for snack/bagged lunch.

swfupload_9007756117671505689.jpg

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

Love it! I am totally drooling. Is it sad that I keep coming back to this topic just to see more pumpkin foods? lol..

spedteacher74

My two favorites as Godiva Pumpkin Truffles they are always out for a limited time.  Another favorite is Hershey Pumpkin Kisses.  They may not be "expensive" chocolate, but these sure taste like it!

kalex

(0) Hearts

I have never heard of Pumpkin Kisses! I'll be searching the candy aisle for these!  I grabbed Pumpkin Spice M&M's the other day and was sorely disappointed.  :smileysad:

syritt

(0) Hearts

On the savory side, I really love pumpkin seeds in salad. I'm not huge on sweets, but I also make a really good savory pumpkin pie with paprika and nutmeg and cinnamon and coconut cream. It's smoky and warm and really satisfying. Also gluten-free vegan. Can't beat that. ^_~

MermaidBarbie

Ah, I love pumpkins as well! Pumpkin pie, muffin, latte, and more. Great post! :smileyhappy:

FireSpinner

I just had to add: my two bearded dragons.. their names are Pumpkin & Pie.  :smileyhappy: (Pumpkin is the male and Pie is the female) 

MermaidBarbie

Too cute! :smileyvery-happy:

Londonlover101

I know what you mean! I absolutely love October and the fall since it brings up all of these delicious ranges of pumpkin items! I just went to my local adli a few minutes ago and saw pumpkin pie ice cream, pumpkin marshmallows, pumpkin cheesecakes and pies, actual pumpkins and much much more! I just love the fall and the oncoming Halloween :smileyvery-happy:

DesertRose0706

the Libby's brand of canned pumpkin has some amazing pumpkin recipes on their website!  I really like their creamy pumpkin soup and their pumpkin roll recipes:

pumpkin roll.jpgpumpkin soup.jpg

MermaidBarbie

Amazing, love it!

jrperk

I definitely share your obsession with all things pumpkin!! From muffins to coffee to pie, I love it all!! For all those over 21, pumpkin beer is sooo worth a try, love it!

DesertRose0706

Pumpkin beer is amazing!  I just got my first pumpkin beer of the season yesterday lol.  A really great one to try is called Punkin Ale by a brand called Dogfish Head. I can get it at Total Wine where I live.  It is so popular, this year they are limiting one 4 pack per customer. I highly recommend!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 47 replies
  • 83 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prosopon
    • melanito
    • consolvo
    • ChicDabbler
    • MermaidBarbie