From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Besides Beauty

Besides Beauty

• 36595 Members
  • 1206 Conversations
  • 231 Photos

Etcetera, miscellaneous, potpourri. Whatever phrasing you choose to use, this is the place for all non-beauty conversation.

Etcetera, miscellaneous, potpourri. Whatever phrasing you choose to use, this is the place for all non-beauty conversation.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Besides Beauty
THE PARTY THREAD
|
Re: THE PARTY THREAD
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: That's beautiful ❤️ @SportyGirly125 ...read more
That's beautiful ❤️ @SportyGirly125
Recent images from this conversation
The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread
|
Re: The BIC Plant and Gardening Thread
BOSS V INSIDER
Reply: Your flowers are gorgeous, @sister13 !  I hope they survived the snow. ...read more
Your flowers are gorgeous, @sister13 ! 🌷🌷🌷 I hope they survived the snow.
BIC book club!
|
Re: BIC book club!
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: Historical fiction. Post-World War II. Japan. From (well, mostly from) the perspective of "the illegitimate child of a Japanese ar ...read more
Historical fiction. Post-World War II. Japan. From (well, mostly from) the perspective of "the illegitimate child of a Japanese aristocrat and her African American GI lover"* (from Goodreads) As with Carrie Sun's Private Equity A Memoir, this is the author's first book. It took me longer to get through this one, partly because of not having a lot of time to read, partly because there were certain sections where I needed to go back to determine which character was narrating a particular section, and in some instances, where I just needed to go back and re-read a section over again. The beginning caught my attention and made me wonder where the story would end up going. Sections of the book are from the point of view of other characters and that has its pros and cons. There are also a couple of parts in this book that didn't settle well with me - some very pointed, direct, and clear in their unsavoriness, and others that were even more discomforting because of what the narrative suggested rather than what the protagonist actually said about those matters. Setting those aside, there are passages within the novel that made me think on them well after I finished the book, including the ending, as well as quotes weaved throughout the novel that demonstrate a really lovely writing style on the part of the author. Notable Quotes:Spoiler"All this time, she'd asked God for a gift. She hadn't realized that she'd been living in one all along. A sweet little bubble, filled with a combination of dreams, hope, and blatant stupidity. It wasn't a cage, as she had thought it was. It was a shield." "We do things that we never thought we were capable of in order to protect what we love." "The ocean seemed never-ending. But somehow, somewhere it did end.Perhaps it was the same with her grief.Though she could not see it.""All this time, she'd asked God for a gift. She hadn't realized that she'd been living in one all along. A sweet little bubble, filled with a combination of dreams, hope, and blatant stupidity. It wasn't a cage, as she had thought it was. It was a shield." "We do things that we never thought we were capable of in order to protect what we love." "The ocean seemed never-ending. But somehow, somewhere it did end.Perhaps it was the same with her grief.Though she could not see it."
Health
|
Re: Health
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: So nice. U got it girl!
So nice. U got it girl!
What is the best touchland scent
|
Re: What is the best touchland scent
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: @lounsbury THE BERRY ONE IS THE BEST ...read more
@lounsbury THE BERRY ONE IS THE BEST
Pet Paradise
|
Re: Pet Paradise
GO-GETTER II INSIDER
Reply: Idk about pair @tsavorite ..... definitely entertaining  ...read more
Idk about pair @tsavorite ..... definitely entertaining 😂😂😂
Nature Walks and The Beautiful Outdoors photos 🌿🌷🏞
|
Re: Nature Walks and The Beautiful Outdoors photos 🌿🌷🏞
BOSS II INSIDER
Reply: Thank you @ather! It was my first time wearing it. I thought it would be perfect for this.  Hopefully I can find more tomorrow! ...read more
Thank you @ather! It was my first time wearing it. I thought it would be perfect for this. 😊 Hopefully I can find more tomorrow!
What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)
|
Re: What are you watching? (Don't be a spoil sport - spoiler your spoilers)
BOSS V INSIDER
Reply: Watched "Runaway Jury" last night because cable news compared it to what is going on now with jury selection. I also watched "Foo ...read more
Watched "Runaway Jury" last night because cable news compared it to what is going on now with jury selection. I also watched "Footloose" for the first time which is odd since I love 80s movies. Liked it, but thought it'd have more dancing. I like tabloid TV, so I watched stuff on Hulu like "Sins of the Parents," TMZ about Lisa Marie Presley's death, something about Ruby Franke. I also watched a Hallmark/Day Spring movie that was faith-based. Kind of an Easter movie about gardening. Liked it. I kind of needed something like that! Also 80s: "Body Double."
CRYSTALS, GEMS AND JEWELRY
|
Re: CRYSTALS, GEMS AND JEWELRY
BOSS V INSIDER
Reply: @Titian06 thanks!!! I was stalking the Swarovski for a bit via my wish list, and found a sale. The earrings are close to what I' ...read more
@Titian06 thanks!!! I was stalking the Swarovski for a bit via my wish list, and found a sale. The earrings are close to what I've been looking for. I wish Swarovski made more pieces, and definitely more affordable!
137,458 Posts