ilovetopurplefy

Popcorn: No Butter and just salt , A Little Butter, or A Lot?

Hi ladies. I hope you are all well! When you go to the movies or your at home doing a movie night, how do you like your popcorn? Do you ask for/buy popcorn with no butter and just salt, a little bit of butter or a lot? I like super buttery popcorn even though it's really bad for the body but once in while. 

mkupgk

Re: Popcorn: No Butter and just salt , A Little Butter, or A Lot?

Popcorn with a lot of butter :smileywink:

miabt

[ Edited ]

I LOVE my popcorn!  I usually pop my own at home & cover it in butter & furikake, like Hurricane Popcorn from Hawaii :smileyhappy: Other than that, a bit of garlic salt & parm is fantastic too!

Of course, my girl prefer birthday cake popcorn, loaded up with sugar & goodies :smileywink:

xo, Mia

ilovetopurplefy

Birthday cake popcorn?! Never heard of it but it looks so good!!! :smileysurprised: This has @beautytester all over it!

ChicDabbler

Well, I'm not th....ok fine I did just look up the recipe online! I do happen to have a fresh batch of dark chocolate sauce meant for smoothies....and chocolate cake mix.....so I suppose I can do a chocolate version, sprinkled with chopped nuts?

Sign that I'm a baker/have a huge sweet tooth? I have at least 5 kinds of sugar, 5 kinds of oil, and dozens of nuts/seeds/dried fruits in my pantry. 0.0

lylysa

White cheddar or kettle corn!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Ok, enough, I'm gonna go get some popcorn (willpower @ 0%). I might also have to pick up some caramel ones or unpopped ones on the way home so I can try the non-salt/butter flavors suggested here. Super omnom!

beautylovingirl

@ilovetopurplefy- You have the best post ever! Butter,salt and more butter! I hardly ever eat so when I eat I indulge! ^.^

ilovetopurplefy

thank you! Same here I love to indulge too!

taylorkiryluik

The best thing I have ever tried with my popcorn (found it at a cute little cafe and then brought the recipe home)  is butter, paprika, and lime juice. It is fantastic

janinebt

I'm like Diana, I enjoy plain salt with olive oil popcorn, usually you can pick up a bag at a health food store like Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
dianabt

That olive oil bag they have? AMAZING!! I'm also addicted to their kettle corn because it hardly has any sweet to it-I'm not a fan of the sugary popcorns! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
broadwaybarbie

I like a small bit of butter. Nothing to strong because then I feel you can tell its there and I just dont know why, but Im not a fan of the movie theater butter.... But I loooooove the salt!! so a generous amount of salt and of course my friend and I LOVE to top it off with the ever-so-healthy theater popcorn seasoning- we love the ranch flavor! :smileyhappy:

Bumblee

Caramel popcorn anyone?

ChicDabbler

That is going into the candy category (yeah right, like super buttery popcorn have less calories/are better for you, uh huh). I love caramel popcorn, but just like other sweets, I prefer to give it all my attention and focus on it while eating it, so I can't do it at a movie theatre. But, I can't resist grabbing a bag of it occasionally as I check out at grocery store. =P

rawrxjasmine

I work at a movie theater in the concession stand everyday. We have flavor stations where people can put seasonings and their own butter on... to the point of it dripping out of their popcorn bag. Yikes! After seeing things like that, I am a no butter person. I do put a little White and Nacho Cheddar seasoning on though. Yum! ( :

prettyinpa

I'm an air-popped no butter gal, the stuff in the theaters is way too greasy for me!

I had some popcorn with chili powder sprinkled on it once, it was great!

broadwaybarbie

That sounds very yummy! Im going to have to smuggle my own chili powder into the next movie I go to and sprinkle some on :smileyhappy:

dianabt

Yummy, I love to have plain popcorn at home from the microwave, but when I go to the movies (super rare!) I do like to douse the bag/carton in butter.. shame on me but honestly the last movie I saw was probably American Pie Reunion. AKA that came out AGES ago so I hope I have a free pass on the butter addiction! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
kimmi1115

Butter please! lol.

bananachoox3

I like butter with salt

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 68 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • marinaanne147
    • kimmi1115