Maggy

Please help me organize my makeup bags and purses

I'm trying to get organized here, because I find I'm wasting way too much money buying a new one whenever I misplace the old one.  Today it's purses and makeup bags.  I've been matching sets with some success but still have so many I've gotten confused.  How do I know which to keep and which to toss? How do I organize those that remain?  Help!!!  I'm drowning here...  All best, Maggy

handbags

Re: Please help me organize my makeup bags and purses

[ Edited ]

handbag Organiser

This is the Handbag Organizer by the way! sorry I forgot to add in my previous post!

ohhenri

(0) Hearts

@handbags: wow!! That seems like a life saver. However, I always choose my handbags with many inside pockets, so they don't get messy. I also purchased little pouch (for like 1$ at the dollar store) to organize it. I have one for my emergency kit (pills, ointment, tissues,pens,  etc) and one for my make-up (well, it only contains lipbalms/glosses!!). But love your idea!

tenngal

@handbags:  I loved your purse organizer so much that I had to order one for myself.  The one I ordered looks like this:
MyPurseOrganizer.jpg
I can't wait for it to get here so I can get my purse all organized!  Thanks for the idea! :smileyhappy:

tenngal

(0) Hearts

@handbags:  You're one organized lady!  I love that organizer and I'm going to go check out that website and order one of those!  Thanks for sharing the info...I love organization, ha ha!
:smileyhappy:

prettyinpa

@katimae-  I wouldn't have to take a plane to go help you organize, but it would sure be fun to meet up with tenngal!  Bet she could get us both organized in one session!

handbags

[ Edited ]

I am an organised person especially when it comes to my handbag and makeup!, I hate looking for things when I'm in a hurry, its so frustrating! there is an invention which Hunki Dori has introduced by tintamar. Its an insert which has compartments to organise all your bits and when you want to change your handbag, you just need to take out the insert and put it into another bag with all your content!!! amazing! I love it but see for yourself x everyone needs to have a handbag organizer.

tenngal

Like prettyinpa, I have my cosmetics and skincare products stored in Rubbermaid-type storage containers that I sit on my dressing room table.  I have 4 stacking containers with 4 drawers each that pull out which I've stacked to make 2 "towers" and I've labeled the front of each drawer according to what it contains, such as, single eyeshadows - browns to greens, single eyeshadows - purples to blues, face brushes, eye brushes, etc.  Organizing my eyeshadows and lipsticks by color really helped me get organized even better, too.  I don't really even need to look at the labels on the drawers anymore after becoming used to where everything is at, but it really helped me in the beginning when I was first getting organized.  I also have a second smaller 2-drawer container where I store my lipsticks, lipglosses and skincare products which sits directly beside the other 4 containers.  I just took a photo which I'll insert below of how I've got my things organized since what I'm describing probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense, ha ha.  The photo is not the best, but I think it's good enough so that you can get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:
Organizer Drawers.jpg

jbyrne

@tenngal- your organization system for your makeup is beautiful!!! props to you girlfriend!! :smileyhappy:

tenngal

@jbyrne:  Thanks for the sweet compliment!  Actually, since I can't remember what I walked into a room for nowadays, it really helps to keep me on track, ha ha.

:smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

tenngal---Dang girl I thought that was a salon at first glance! :smileysurprised:

I bow to you my BT friend!

tenngal

@sephoramusthave:  ROTFLMAO!  You're so funny!  I love organizing so I'd be glad to help anytime, ha ha. :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

I'm very organized as well, thats why I dont support the new BT system. I like things in categories like they are right now. I dont have that much makeup ( although I have bought a LOT more since I started BT). I can fit everything I have into one cosmetics bag ( I posted a pic of it somewhere on the boards). 

prettyinpa

@tenngal-  Gee, organization like yours puts mine to shame!  I have 2 Sterilite drawer organizers, 4 silverware trays and 3 train cases, but my closet looks nowhere nearly neat as your setup. I have something to aim for.......

6aad0801

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi! I keep all of my makeup in one place; with the exception of a small zip black makeup bag that I place into the purse/bag of the day.  When I do my makeup I bring the small zip bag with me into my makeup area in my home and remove what I don't need to maintain the days look and add what I will need to the bag after applying my makeup for the day.  Typically, I keep a concealer in it, lipstick for the day, and a NARS multiple for the day (actually a multiple stays in there just as back-up in case I am having to run quickly out then I can quickly create a coordinated look on the go).  For special days I have thrown in my pressed powder, a short-handled powder brush and mascara.  But that's how I stay organized.  Everything in one place and if not, then it is in this one small zip black bag that travels with me in my purse.

I find this is a way to stay organized and not misplace things.

Hope that is helpful!!!

ohhenri

I use to have many makeup bags, too many as a matter of fact, that I was getting lost with everything that I owned!! Until I went to a friend's house and saw her makeup case!! It was so organized that I wanted one badly! However, it could be a little bit pricey. But I found one at the drugstore that was pretty cheap (under 25$), so I gave it a try. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that good either. (It's not actually my makeup case- my camera's pretty lame-but it pretty much looks the same. (mine wasn't a Whitney-Port-Caboodle-Giveaway-0812106.jpgCaboodle). But, after a while, my "collection" was getting too big for that case, so I went to my friend's house and asked her more questions about hers. Here's what I found out. The one with the little "drawers" (sorry, can't find the correct word in English) that open on the same side, like the one pictured above, seems to contains less, then the one with the drawers that open on opposite side of the train case(see picture below).  Since English is not my first language, I think images describe my point of vue better. It's also not my case (although it's pretty similar!), but you can see that it contains a pretty good amount of stuff. I got a Caboodle one for under 20$ (at the drugstore or Wal-Mart or Winner's, I can't remember) And I love it! It's easy to find my stuff in the morning, doesn't take as much place than multiple bags! I hope it helped a little!!

ohhenri

Ooups!! I have a hard time posting photos!!! here's another try!

milbank

@ohhenri: Okay, I want an organizer like that one now, and I think I want you to just organize it for me!

@prettyinpa: Your organizing tips are great, too! Really great tips.

prettyinpa

@milbank- I would love to be a makeup organizer for people!  I just find it so relaxing to sort through stuff, I take it all out of the closet, arrange by types, throw stuff out (haha, more room for new stuff):smileyvery-happy:  Too bad there isn't a big market for someone to do that.

katimae

[ Edited ]

@PinP & TennG:  Ok I've decided we have to take a weekend and you two come to my house and help me clean and organize the spare  room off the bath and then set it up as a dressing room complete with my organized make up! It would be a miracle if I ever got it done on my own.  Keep it in mind!  :smileyvery-happy:

PS  the shore is rockin!  My friends come down today as my brother and family go home.

tenngal

@katimae:  I'd love to help you get organized, but, oh my gosh, I think that might involve me getting on an airplane, ha ha!  :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 64 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • prettyinpa
    • ohhenri
    • sephoramusthave
    • Maggy
    • katimae