Pets?

ContentlyKayKay

Pets?

I'm feeling bummed today since my kitty is very sick and I can't be home right now to take care of him... Normally if I'm having a bad day, my fiance knows to just text me a picture of one of my 2 kitties and it'll definitely make me smile. Anyone feel up for sharing some pics of their little furry buddies? My two kitties are Niko 9 y/o black short haired (he's the sick one :smileysad: ) and Yuki who is 2. I'm totally okay with being a crazy cat lady. No shame.

Niko being ashame of his weight.JPGNiko REALLY into soccer.JPGNiko being a rockstar.JPGcuddles.JPGYuki with her fave toy.JPG

makeupmaven

Re: Pets?

Cuddles! <3

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh My Goodness! They are all sooo cute! Definitely Made my day!!!

kimmi1115

I love seeing all of these pictures!  I wish my FB feed was like this thread!  All I see there are lovey dovey status updates and babies. I want to see more animals lol.

Here are my furry siblings, but one of them is my "son." lol.

Doobie.jpg

My furry son and very first cat: Doobie.  He's a rescue, and the name came with him lol. He loves catnip and going outside on his leash or in the "catio."  Although some cats hate it, he loves to have his belly rubbed from time to time.  In the pictures, he is inside my baja hoodie.  

jasmine.jpg

Jasmine is my mom's rescue kitty, and she is sassy and weird lol.  She taps people's butts for attention, and she will sneak into human food if you are not looking.  She likes mayonaise (she stuck her head in the jar!), gravy, ranch dressing, and chips.  If someone is eating chips or Cheetos, she will ever so gently tap the persons hand or the bag lol.

Nala.jpg

Nala is a rescue who came to me and my family.  When we got close to her, we noticed she was severely skinny, yet she somehow managed to take care of two kittens!  We fattened her up, and now she is an excellent, spoiled barn cat.  Her two kittens have homes with my Granny and one of my neighbors.  

Sally.jpg

Sally is an 11 year old chihuahua who thinks she is a guard dog.  We refer to her as "Mrs. McGruff" because she will sun on the porch while keeping an eye on the area.  All of the animals are rescues except for her.  She came from a breeder since the shelters did not have any chihuahuas at the time.  She was a therapy dog when I was first diagnosed with OCD, and I believe she knew she was helping me.  When my mom would pick her up and touch her paw to an object that I was afraid to touch (germs), she did not squirm or try to jump out of my mom's arms.

brutus.jpg

I love this slightly older picture of Brutus lol.  He is a boxer/mastiff mix rescue who is a daddy's boy lol.  Even with this winter weight, he is as solid as a rock!  He loves going for rides, and he loves to wrestle.  He and his new brother are getting along very well.  When they start wrestling and chasing each other, they try to bring me in, but I know they would easily win lol.

mh.jpg

Of course, I've already introduce Meat Head lol.  I believe he loves his new home, and he is slowly realizing there are loving people in the world.  Although he is still under weight (he needs to stop burning off his food with all of his playing; he needs a few lazy days lol), he is strong!!!  He pretty much drags me on the leash, so we have to work with him on walking on a leash.  He's a goofy, slobbery boy who loves hugs!!

Jewel Tag.jpg

Although she is no longer physical here, Jewel will always be in my heart.  I often tell Meat Head that she led us to him, and I can see some of her sweetness in him.  Along with her marker, my mom also ordered this dog tag.  I have it on chain so I can wear it, and it has a pink silencer around it so it doesn't make a lot of noise.  The poem absolutely touches my heart.  I'll always love her.

ContentlyKayKay

AHHHHHH they are all SO cute!!! hehe "catio" Jasmine looks like such a little lady with her paws crossed! I love it! It's great how you've rescued so many furry buddies!!!  I still keep chuckling to myself about Brutus and his big grin. It's very obvious your animals love you very much! Thanks so much for sharing these! I very much agree with the phrase on that tag "gone but not forgotten". These little guys leave such BIG impressions on our hearts and minds.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

It's amazing how animals can leave such an impression on our hearts and minds.  Life would not be the same without them.

onomotopoeia9

Wow, I think its really touching how you and your family are so kind to animals. If everyone was like that to all living things, the world would be a better place.

So sorry about jewel :smileysad:

- the key chain idea is so creative, though...

arielaaaaaaaa

That is the cutest thing, I have never seen any thing like that. I will have to look into that, My sisters dog passed away a few years ago and that very same day she was sitting outside crying and a cute puppy came up to her and wouldn't leave her alone, we tried to find an owner, but no luck, so we kept her! We named her Halo, She's the dog i posted pictures of.

kimmi1115

I love how you named her Halo!  That is so sweet!  

asdsfgh

I have a dog that I rescued two years ago (NEVER going to a breeder again) photo-3.JPG

And I have a horse, although he's a bit more then just a pet to me :smileyhappy:

photo-2.JPG

ContentlyKayKay

(0) Hearts

Aww your pooch is a real cutie! That's so cool you have a horse as well!

lylysa

[ Edited ]

dgbtfsh.JPG

My bf and I have a couple of fish together. That's Dog, our male betta, our place is too small to keep the kind of dog we want so we got a fish and named him Dog instead. He's a double, half moon tail betta. We have a female betta that is green and blue and she's Cat, as in Cat Fish, she's kept in her own tank next to the male. Dog's tankmate is a golden algae eater named Al.

Dog was actually a bit smaller than that photo when we first got him, and since that pic was taken his fins are even longer and larger! He's so pretty! He flares up to show off for Cat since we keep them next to one another and he builds bubble nests too.

I'm quite the betta fish nerd actually! X-D

ContentlyKayKay

Holy moly look at those fins!! He's so... majestic lol. Love the names, I can't be trusted with plants or fish since I haven't had the....best experiences with them. But I always love seeing tanks! So cool!

kimmi1115

I love bettas!!!  They are so beautiful.  I love how you and your bf named them lol.  :smileyvery-happy:  Fish are so interesting to watch.  Lanndan and I would love to have a salt water fish tank someday, but it is so expensive to start one.  

melissabt

OMG, this is SO cute! I think that I'm a crazy cat lady for sure:smileyhappy: That pic of your cat Niko is so cute!! (The one where he looks like he's laughing on his back).

<3 Melissa
ContentlyKayKay

(0) Hearts

Ha, nothing wrong with that! Thank you! He's a character! I like to call that Niko's rockstar photo.

mkupgk

I don't have a pet ;( but I want to buy a pet that looks like this: 

image.jpg

dianabt

I Love pets! All these photos are really a great mood booster for me which I need :smileyhappy: It's so hard to have pets that get sick, they can't tell us exactly what is wrong but we know something is off! I've had a lot of pets and it never gets easy when they are sick, I don't have kids yet but these are my babies for now!  :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
ContentlyKayKay

(0) Hearts

That's EXACTLY it! He normally doesn't sleep in bed with me if my fiance is in bed, he never has. But the last week he's been sleeping between us every night.. make me so sad because he wants the comfort and we can't just make him better.

Cat588

So sad to hear about your kitty :smileysad: Hope he gets better soon!

This is my kitty Leonard. He's going to be 2 in June and he's like my child lol Somedays I think he's part dog because he plays fetch and greets me at the door when I get home from work. I love my Lenny <3 :smileyhappy:578629_10151558376305526_320651306_n.jpg

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

"I can has sunshine?" lol

lylysa

Leonard! Makes me think of The Big Bang Theory...soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 106 replies
  • 241 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • lowrah