Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pets

I was just wondering if anyone had any adorable pets that the would like to share about! I have a almost 14 year old cocker spaniel. He is adorable!!! He has pretty much taken over the house with places he likes to sleep in. He has many pet beds and rugs since he has a little arthritis and we want him to be comfortable at all times and not straining himself since we have tile floors. His name is Huckleberry and he is practically part of the family! 😄 

Re: Pets

IMG_20211121_130821_145.jpg

@pandapple6 I love sharing and seeing your pet 📸

This is Molly or as we say, Meowser 

We got her during the pandemic as a rescue and she is so sweet and gentle, and loves to cuddle 💕  We couldn't imagine our home without her now.  It's been over a year and we love this girl to pieces!

Anonymous Insider

This thread needs to be revived.  We can't forget about our fur family!  I saw where a couple of people had posted pics, so I'll post some of the family pets, including the newest member.  My mom adopted a new kitten a week ago!

Sally.jpg

This is Sally the miniature chihuahua who is a bit overweight (my dad's fault, he spoils her lol).  She is 9 years old and is queen of the hill.  She likes to lay out on the porch "mcgruffin'" (verb form of the safety dog McGruff.  She likes to keep an eye on things.)   One thing she has done is run off our neighbor's goats that got out and came to the front yard lol.  My parents refer to her as my sister, and she knows that, too.  When they say "go get sissy," she comes to get me.

Jewel.jpg

Jewel the basset hound.  She is an old girl.  We've had her since I was in kindergarten.  Although arthritis slows her down, she is still a pup at heart.  She lets me play with her floppy ears lol.  I named her when I was little.  Jewel was the name of one of the dalmatians from 101 Dalmatians.

Brutus.jpg

Brutus the adopted boxer-mix.  He is such a goofball lol and very lovey.  He's a daddy's boy lol.  The day we got him from Petsmart was totally unplanned.  It was just destiny lol.  He and Jewel are the 2 animals that stay outside, but they have it made.  A large chunk of the back yard is fenced in for them, and dad built the doghouse you see in the background.  Yes, it has a porch lol.  He was going to put windows in it but changed his mind.  It has an extra opening that he added later because Jewel kept kicking Brutus out.  He got her back by taking the dog bed outside with him lol.

Doobie.jpg

Here's Doobie, my cat that goes wherever I go.  He keeps me company at my off campus apartment.  This picture was from Christmas when he was a kitten.  He got inside the Christmas tree box and stuck his head out the handle hole.  He has long whiskers like a seal lol.  Thus his middle name is Andre, after the seal in the 90s movie Andre.

Foxy.jpg

This is my boyfriend's cat, Foxy.  He adopted her back in April from the shelter I work with.  She's my furry daughter lol.  He named her Foxy since she has a small spot on the tip of her tail and she has a foxy attitude.  She has a prissy walk lol.  Gotta love her little teddy bear face.

jasmine1.jpg

Finally, the newest member of the family: Jasmine.  Ever since I got Doobie, my mom has become a cat lady.  Through the week, she misses Doobie.  Even though dad said no to getting a kitten for the longest time, she finally got one.  He wasn't fond of the idea at first, but I can tell he really likes her.  She's exotic looking with her stripes and spots.  The shelter called her Laural, but that just didn't fit.  Mom wanted a exotic name so she picked Jasmine.  Jasmine was also the name of the lion in the awesome movie Secondhand Lions.  Doobie just loves his new playmate.

@Anonymous so sweet!

So cute!!   Thank you for your work with the shelter too, it's a very tough and often unappreciated  job.

OMG kimmi1115 those picts are soooo cute!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing 😄 

Anonymous Insider

@kimmi1115:  Thanks for posting the photos of your family pets!  Those pics certainly brought a smile to my face.  I love animals SO much and just a photo of an animal brightens my day.  It's also nice to hear about pets being adopted from shelters, too.  In my opinion, that's the only way to go or by rescuing one out on its own.  By the way, I love the chubby little Chihuahua...so cute!!!

I agree with you that we need to keep this thread alive.  I always pop in when I see a new post come up.

🙂

Anonymous Insider

@tenngal  I am the same way.  While volunteering at Petsmart, I've heard some interesting stories from people about their pets.  Of course, I talk and pet their pets they have with them lol.  I've got two people now that I'm trying to get to adopt, my aunt and my granny.  My aunt is wanting one so that one will be easy.  My granny lost one of the cats she rescued near her home, and the other one she rescued misses him.  He'll sit on the chair that they would share outside and look for him.  He needs a buddy.  I think an adopted kitty would make a good Christmas present for the both of them, and Mitzi, granny's miniature chihuahua.

Thank you pandapple and anaa!  Others should post some pics and/or stories, too!

@kimmi: I'm jealous of all of your dogs (and pets)!

This is my (family's) cat. I'm not really even a cat person, but I love this one. She's such a goof -- from time to time, she sleeps with her face planted downward -- as in, completely smashed into whatever she happens to be sleeping on. Usually it's impossible to capture this, because she starts awake if you try to sneak up on her to take a picture, but my sister succeeded one day and sent me these (apologies if I have shared them already):

n500127447_2285235_395558.jpg

n500127447_2372667_2080423.jpg

Anonymous Insider

@katie1724:  Thanks for posting the pic of your family kitty!  I love all animals, but when it comes right down to categorizing myself I would have to say that I am definitely a cat person (evenly though I love my dogs).  Your cat is so cute!!!  Again, thanks for posting! 🙂

I just found this post. I know I am late but Tenngal I am really sorry you had to let your cat go to the bridge last month. I know it is never easy to let a loved one go, just remember she had a LONG GOOD life!

Now before anyone thinks I am a hoarder I will explain why I have so many dogs. First I live in the country and people dump dogs and second my mother and I use to run a Greyhound adoption group so I have some dogs that never were adopted.

Here is my 4 legged family:

The oldest is a Brittany Spaniel named Rusty, he is now 13 1/2. I found him as 4 month old pup dumped with a jaw broken in 4 places. The vets could not fix his jaw so he has lived with a mouth that only opens appx. an 1".

Next is Dotty the Dalmatian. She was dumped on the side of the road when she was 2 yr. full of milk but no puppies. She is now 12 1/2.

Rocky will be 12 in November. He is a retired racing Greyhound that was found running lose in Dallas. He came to our group 6 years ago and no one adopted him because he had a grey muzzle. He is now my big mommy's boy!

Cabriola is an ex-racer and brood mom that retired earlier this year,she is loving the house life! My mother and I saw her on the farm a few years ago when she was VERY pregant; Mom fell in love and she told she  wanted her when they quit breeding her. Well my mother could not take her so I did.

Comet is a greyhound (not an ex-racer) that was used for Coyote hunting in Oklahoma. She has horrible scars (lost a nipple when they had to stitch her belly back up). But she is a big clown! She will even talk to you if you talk to her first and tell her to tell you all about it. She was also not adopted because of her scars. Their loss, my gain!

Ivory is 4 years old that raced a few races but just did not have the heart to be a racer. I saw her on the farm and fell for her because she is the same light fawn color as my first Greyhound.

Beth is another Greyhound from an oops litter. I have had her since she was 8 weeks old, she just turned 4 in August. She was the runt of the litter with a large overbite that no one adopted. She is my little red baby.

PeeWee is a Corgi/Aust. Shep. cross I found dumped at 4 months old. She is now 4 1/2 yr. She is my husband's baby! We lost our 17 yr. Corgi last year (she was his baby too).

Ciara is a 3 yr. old ex-racer that was just too small to compete well on the track. She is my brindle baby or brat depending on her day.

Then there is Bull a very FAT Pit Bull cross. He will be 2 in November. He just showed up at our place and would not leave. Rusty use to take him to the front gate every day for a month Bull would just follow him back home.

My mother says there is a flashing arrow above our house that only the dogs can see that says come here "you will be loved and feed and have home for life".

Then I have a Russian Blue cat named Smokey that is 14 yr. old he lost his bud early this year and now is lonely but I will not get another cat.

So we have 6 Greyhounds and 4 non-greys. All are fixed so there will not be any puppies! Plus they all live in the house (I have tile floors). Greyhounds have spent most of their lives around other greys so they adapt well to having a bunch together. I do not know another breed that adapts this well to living together. We might a few growls once in awhile but no fights.

Yes it is expensive to have this many dogs, it is not just the food bill but the vet bills too. But I took on this responsibility when I took them in, so I feel I owe it to them to give the best life. Right now all but one are stretched out on dogs beds taking their naps, Beth is on my bed taking her nap.

@macuser, that is SOOO kind of you to adopt all those animals 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

@macuser  Thank you for sharing your story!  I think it is wonderful that you kept the dogs who weren't adopted.  I don't see you as an animal hoarder at all.  There is a huge difference between an animal hoarder and a person who wants to help and love their animals.  It's also great that you have them fixed.  Some people just don't seem to understand how important it is to get animals fixed.  One of the shelters I volunteer with gets kittens in a lot because people don't get their cats fixed.  More kittens come in compared to puppies since cats go into heat more often. 

@katie723  Showkey is absultely gorgeous!  Although she probably wouldn't show it, I'd say she is probably glad to have some of her fur shaved during the summer.  The look on her face after her trip to the groomer is too cute!  It looks like she's saying "Ha ha, I may have lost some of my fur, but I'm still pretty!"   Khaki does look like Wish Bone!  I used to watch that show when I was a little kid, and I loved the doggie.  When Khaki is sleeping, he may be dreaming of his own adventures lol.

@macuser: What a wonderful thing you did for these dogs who otherwise wouldn't have had anyone! I'm glad there are people like you out there. It makes me physically sick to think of people dumping dogs or cats -- I just don't understand it. If you own a pet, you signed up for the responsibility of caring for it. I can't tell you how many ads I come across on Craigslist that are like, "We're MOVING! Buster needs a new home..." and not to be judgy, but I can't help but think -- why didn't you find an apartment that takes pets? It's not as if it's always more expensive. Even if you're moving abroad, it's possible to take a cat. Yes, it can be annoying, and expensive -- but it's your pet! To me, it's such gross irresponsibility.

@katie723 (side note: I keep doing a double take at your posts because your name looks like mine) -- I love the pictures of your dog that loves sleeping on tables 🙂 That's so cute!

Thanks for all the nice comments about my cat. She's 12, and much like Garfield. I have encouraged them to get her kitten friend for exercise and companionship, but they said don't want to be "disappointed" in another cat -- they love her too much.

: )

Anonymous Insider

@mancuser:  I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading about your wonderful pet family!!! 🙂  You are such a wonderful, giving person to have taken in all of those lovely pets and given them a loving home!  By the way, thanks for the condolences regarding the loss of my beloved cat.  Losing her and her sister both this year (both age 16 since they were litter-mates) was hard and I still miss them, but I still have my sweetie-pie 6-year old.  Anyway, back to happier subjects...All of your pets sound so cute!!!  I'd love to see pics sometime if you get a chance to post  🙂

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@pandapple:  I love cocker spaniels and I'll bet your 14-year old is the cutest little fellow ever! 🙂

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@katie723:  Thanks for sharing your puppy pics!!!  They are SO cute and sweet and each of those photos brought a smile to my face!  You have a wonderful pet family! 🙂

Thanks for sharing your stories everyone 😄 

My dog is 14 (cocker spaniel) and he is slowing down a bit. We took him to the vet recently and they said he has a slow heart beat it is not a necessary indicator of his life span, he just can't run for miles (not that he did that anyway, he loves sleep and lounge around a lot 😉 ). I hope he will be around for another good few years more because I cannot imageine life without him :'( 

@pandapple6 aww your cocker spaniel sounds like a cutie 🙂 i wish him a long nap-filled happy life 🙂

I'd like to share with you all my lil puppies 🙂 i call them puppies even though my first one Showkey just turned 17 🙂 and the other one Khaki is 9 years old 🙂 dogs seriously melt my heart and i love mine so much!

showkey1

Here is a picture of Showkey that I took about 6 months ago. I love how her eyes look like they are lined with intense black eye liner 🙂 She is a mutt, I think a mix between a cocker spaniel, retriever and japanese spitz.

showkey2

Here she is with a smile on her face 🙂 She's just happy to be out... little does she know we were dropping her off to get shaved for the summer! She haaates the dog groomers!

showkey3

This is one of the cutest pics I've taken of her! This is right when she got back from the groomers 🙂 You can see that her eye liner is still intact 😉

Although she is SUPER old... she is still SO happy and active... she drags me while we go on walks. She's nearly deaf and has had really bad breath for the last two or three years. We're not sure if that indicates there's something wrong with her stomach, but regardless, she is seriously like Wonder Dog 🙂

IMAG1282.jpg

Here is my puppy Khaki 🙂 He's a fatter version of Wish Bone or the dog from The Mask 😉 He's the sweetest thing ever! My dogs are actually outdoor dogs, but I snuck him inside for this picture 🙂

khaki2

Here's my sweetheart wanting to come inside! Isn't he so cute?!?!

khaki3

Here he is sunbathing on the table. He insists on sleeping on chairs and tables or anything to make him feel SUPERIOR to all things. He also LOVES being in the sun 🙂

katie723 those picts are SOOOO CUTE 😄 Thanks for sharing 😄 

@katie123

Your dog Showkey looks almost like a dog my mother had. The only difference is Lucky's ears were half up all the time. Lucky was a Spitz/Sheltie cross who had springs for legs! That dog could jump straight up and give you kiss whiling you were standing!

Lucky lived with my mother from the age of 6 months (she was dumped) until she was 20 1/2 yr. My mother said losing her was like losing a child .

Anonymous Insider

Had to share this lol.  This is my boyfriend's cat Foxy.  While at my house, he put Jasmine's festive collar on her.  She looks like she's posing for the camera lol.  She is such a sassy cat.  She's pretty and I honestly believe she knows it by the way she acts.  She walks with a sway like she's wearing high heels, and she always swishes her tail while she's purring.

festive Foxy.jpg

@kimmi- Your picture of Foxy is soooo cute!  I love the fact that her tail is swishing (I guess that's what's causing the blur back there) lol. Looks like she has a bit of UD FOXY on her face, she is very cute, I can see why you are taken with her.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • BaileySnow.png
  • Sally.jpg
  • Jewel.jpg
  • Brutus.jpg
  • Doobie.jpg
  • Foxy.jpg
  • jasmine1.jpg
  • n500127447_2285235_395558.jpg
  • n500127447_2372667_2080423.jpg