bananachoox3

Pet Peeves

What are some of your pet peeves? Whether its beauty related or not. One of mine is when people walk up the escalator when the stairs are right next it. Especially when they wait for their turn on the escalator instead of taking the stairs. 

luna192

Re: Pet Peeves

(0) Hearts

Hang up the phone if someone is waiting on you! Be it barista, server, bartender, etc.... Have enough respect for another human being to give them your attention. He/she doesn't know if you're talking to them or your friend on the phone & they shouldn't have to be mind readers to try to figure it out.  Rude and inconsiderate!

beautylovingirl

@poshified- Nope not even a "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry". The bad thing was I was with the Dr.'s wife I work for and  she was vocal enough for both of us. I have to remind her ALOT things come out and she forgets to filter them but I still love her to death, we all have our faults!:smileyhappy:

poshified

When I'm checking out at the cash register and the next customer in line feels the need to breathe down my neck. Personal space people, personal space.

beautylovingirl

Here's one that happened today the waitress instead of picking up my glass to refill it she leaned over my whole plate of food to do it. Needless to say after that I was done. Long hair and no hair net,

GEESH!

poshified

(0) Hearts

Did she even say 'Excuse me'? That's very inconsiderate of her!

violalea

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

- people who cut line, most recently, there were 2 groups of people 5-6 people each group and they were trying to cut in front of 200 people to get into a ferry. One of the crew was standing on the boat and yelled out to them that they could not cut.

- people who copy me, do it few times I was flattered but not every single thing. But guess what, they are the people who have never complemented me, only criticized oh your dress is so short, your skirt cant be any shorter haha, but the next time i saw them, they wear the same things as I did.

Beesca21

People who misuse the word "retarded" 

People who chew with their mouth open 

poshified

(0) Hearts

People who randomly stops for no reason after going 50-60 mph. Umm seriously?

roxystar4

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

ohh, I HATE it when people put their head or face or fingers on my pillow. I get grossed out big time (i feel like their face/finger oils will stay on my pillow & cause breakouts).

runy

(0) Hearts

I thought it was just my sister and I!  We're so skeevy about anyone sharing our pillows!  Sometimes my in-laws take naps on my bed when they visit and I start to freak out like WHICH PILLOW DID THEY USE DO I HAVE TO REPLACE ALL THE PILLOW COVERS??!!!

annonymous1

Mine would have to be when people smoke around me, like cigarettes, like your bad choices shouldn't effect me too!

when people have bad breath lol i absolutely hate it.

when people see people who's hands are full or have a baby in there arms and don't open up the doors for them, just pure laziness. 

my ultimate would be when people critize my spending habits, this is usually my parents or other people when they see how much i spend on makeup or going out to eat, like when i work a full week to get paid i'm allowed to spend it on what i want. 

i hate when people walk with their faces in there phone and then expect you to move around them

also, when girls act stupid in front boys to impress them, like really? 

marydiva

When people use "gay" when they mean "lame." It's disrespectful and an improper use of the word, giving it unnecessary negative connotations.

kalex

It's an improper use of the word now as meanings change for certain.  When I was in high school 15 *cough* years ago, if something or someone wasn't cool, they were "gay."  It's a shame some people take so long to grasp change.

kalex

I have to add "Erhmerhgerd".  People should not say this or write it.  Ever.

onomotopoeia9

Oooh fun question :smileyhappy:

The naming of celebrity couples - like speidi

When people try to finish your sentences for you

Being put on the speaker phone without warning

When people pull their split ends apart

When guys in the elevator stare shamelessly until they get off

When people use the word "gay" when they mean "lame"

People who say "you know" too much.

People who overuse quotes from movies or TV.

Websites with horizontal scrolling.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

lol, every time people say "you know" in a sentence, I always mentally add "nope, I don't......no.......seriously I don't......reaaaaally?........didn't know I know that........of course.....obviously.......surrrrrrre......or so you think......no, YOU know......"

shyvicki

People who throw their cigarette butts out of their vehicle windows. Buy an ashtray and USE IT!

I live in an apartment and some of my car-less neighbors get rides from others. Those people providing rides will honk their horn instead of going to the door. Uhgh!

lreagan

(0) Hearts

Most of my pet peeves are related to driving because bad drivers are the bane of my existence.

1. People who don't use their turn signals or use them incorrectly. I don't know which is worse, braking suddenly to turn and not signaling, or braking suddenly and then signaling AFTER you've already made everyone else brake for you. I'm like, thanks, that's so helpful.

2. People who get on the freeway at 40mph. That's why we have ON RAMPS, people! You're just causing traffic congestion. You are the worst.

3. People who drive exactly the speed limit or 10-15mph under it in the fast lane and then get mad when everyone tries to pass them. What don't you get about slower traffic keep right? Move out of the way!

Unrelated to driving, I hate people who make an unnecessary amount of noise. Yelling when you're 2 feet away, slamming doors, stomping around the house, etc.

luna192

(0) Hearts

I understand the driving pet peeves.i don't think anyone in pa, wv, or Ohio understands the concept of "passing lane"

kenny

lol, I agree with all the above!

I really don't understand why people start signalling as they are turning or after this hit the brakes, at that point I think "why even bother?"

Or people who just have to change lanes, when there is very little room to do so, even though they won't be turning or anything anytime soon...

On a semi-related note, I hate people that don't walk well. Meaning they walk on the wrong side (just like drving people!). And when they walk with friends and everybody has to be beside eachother so it's impossible to pass the giant group. Yes, I'm in university and have issues with people that walk super slow or do the other listed things, since I'm always trying to get somewhere!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 112 replies
  • 278 hearts
  • 40 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • runy
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • elea33