bananachoox3

Pet Peeves

What are some of your pet peeves? Whether its beauty related or not. One of mine is when people walk up the escalator when the stairs are right next it. Especially when they wait for their turn on the escalator instead of taking the stairs. 

lreagan

Re: Pet Peeves

(0) Hearts

Oh god, those people who HAVE to change lanes for no reason. I live in northern California and we have carpool lanes on the freeway that anyone can use when it's not rush hour time (so you can drive by youself and use the carpool lane at like noon). For some reason, people up here LOVE to just move into the carpool lane and sit there at 60mph when the lanes next to them are empty. Drives me NUTS!

elea33

I hate the trigger horn honkers! You know the people that constantly have their hand over the horn and will fire the split second they think you don't see them while pulling out, take a pause before gunning the engine at light that just turned green, or anything else moronic they deem themselves more keenly intuned to!

I hate people who talk over you, or loud talkers.

Mostly I hate people who trivialize my love for beauty products and fashion!

DTalksAll

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thought of another one on my way to the mall today for the VIB event...

People who don't know how to merge. There was construction on the highway, everyone s going 5 MPH, two lanes turn into one. People get all pissy and don't want to let cars in. It's a freaking merge... zipper... LOL

I get that a lot by my house on a back road that's 40 MPH. The other day I was ahead of a car (her front bumper was by my back door) and she honked at me where the lanes merged as if I cut her off. 

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

@kalex- Learned a new word to add to my vocabulary- Passholes never heard that before.Not only is beautytalk fun but educational to. :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

@crayzeeRN- No that's not odd I have that happen at work too and it drives me nuts especially when they lean on your chair and it almost tips you over.

crayzeeRN

haha good to know someone else feels my pain!

crayzeeRN

Here's an odd one... people leaning on the back of a chair when I'm sitting in it. We have chairs with wheels at work and if someone leans on it or puts their feet on it the chair will start to move. This completely freaks my brain out for some reason. Anyone else??

mafan

(0) Hearts

No, you're not nuts.  My husband does it to my wheeled chair at home.  It drives me crazy.  I eventually have to tell him to stop because he has no clue how the turning me around is driving me nuts!

prettyinpa

People who don't pick up after their dog in public places. Fine, if you want dog piles around your own yard, that's ok, your yard, your rules. But if you are walking the dog in a public place, or worse, on someone else's property, how hard is it to pick up? Pet stores sell special bag dispensers that clip to the leash or you can use an old grocery bag, but don't leave the mess for someone else to step in. I'm not a dog hater, I have one of my own, but I can't count the times I've gotten dirty shoes walking in parks or street greenways.

veevali

Aargh that is the worst! There are people who do that down the street from where I live, and everytime I have to walk by there it's a minefield :smileysad:

MoreGun89

In Anchorage, AK, the surest sign that it is spring is when you can smell dog poo EVERYWHERE.

lylysa

I think I just barfed a little

lylysa

What's even worse is when I see it left in spots in apartment complexes when are are designated areas that provide trash bags and a disposal can!

Folks just being lazy on that irk me too!

prettyinpa

Or you are at a rest stop on the expressway and there are HUGE signs that say Pet Rest Area, or Don't walk dogs here, and someone is walking a small dog right next to the sidewalk to the restroom! How hard is it to walk 20 feet to the Pet Rest Area?

kalex

I thought of another one!  Passholes.  You know those people who drive slow in the left lane and then speed up as soon as they realize you want to pass them?  They are Passholes.

quenbee

Oh my those people are the worst! I always get stuck behind one on my way to the chiropractor every Thursday night.  It's 10 miles of a one lane Road with only 2 spots where you can pass! They always go 5-10 miles under the speed limit and then low and behold we get to the passing spot and watch out speed racer! Passhole - that word should be added to the dictionary!

lylysa

LOL, Kalex! I love that term!!! So befitting!

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

me too :smileyhappy: haha

DTalksAll

[ Edited ]

I have another:

Makeup Testers at Sephora.... When they try on the products without using the disposable applicator. YUCK! & It's not jsut 12 year old girls. I saw a woman in her late 40's put on mascara right from the tube, and then put on lipgloss from the tube. I was having a bad day so I approached her & informered her kindly of the tester applicators. She looked at me like I had 10 heads! Got all pissy said the germs/bacteria & getting an infection from mascara is a myth & how is she supposed to know if the mascara is right for her without testing out the wand. I then asked her if she throws out her mascara after 3 months & got a "why the H*** would I do that. It lasts for a good year" This was in a high-end mall. I did get a high five from one of the cast members though. 

Ugh, I want to barf just thinking about that day 

ChicDabbler

Lol, for a moment I thought you were talking about me. Ugh, it's ok for people to be naive, but I feel like it's the employee's job to step in and inform them with a "may I help you?" so she won't look at you like you have 10 heads. That's one of the reason I don't swatch anything on my face (except foundation/concealer on the jawline) and don't like getting my make up done instores (never used the make over coupons). 

DTalksAll

I edited it :smileywink: I swatch lip products on my hand. And on occasion on my lips, but I wipe it off with the alcohol (drying I know, but if I'm going to buy the YSL gloss stain I want to make sure it looks good on)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 112 replies
  • 278 hearts
  • 40 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • runy
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • elea33