LCResz

Perfume addicts, ever had a floral-based cocktail?

Last night I went out with friends, tried a violet martini on a whim and loved it! I've had cocktails infused with rose water before, but this drink was truly lovely. As one of my friends put it, "It tastes pretty!" 

So now I'm looking at my gourmand perfumes and I figure if my perfume can smell like chocolate, vanilla, or caramel why not try more perfume-y drinks? Any recommendations?

wingatprsct

Re: Perfume addicts, ever had a floral-based cocktail?

(0) Hearts

A violet martini sounds heavenly!  But what does a violet taste like anyway?  I have floated pansies (cousins to violets) and roses in punch but they were only for looks and they did not affect the flavor of the punch.

I have had blueberry beer at Boston Beer Works.  It was delicious and I'm not a beer drinker at all.

carolang

I looove lavender! Lavender lemonade... lavender lemon glaze for lemon pudding cake... YUM

lucyshnoosy

(0) Hearts

I love floral desserts and drinks of any sort.  One of the best liqueurs I ever tasted was Elisir di Rose by Santa Maria Novella.  Like drinking roses; it was a lovely color and delightful to savor slowly in a beautiful crystal glass.  Alas, I bought it in Italy and now can't get it in the US. :-(

One of the things I like most about traveling is the chance to try floral sweets that are rare in the US.  I just got back from a great trip to Quebec City with my son.  I bought lavender nougat, as well as orange peel nougat made with orange flower water.  On the drive back we stopped at Bleu Lavende and I bought lots of wonderful things, including lavender hard candies and preserves.  Why aren't goodies like this easier to come by in the US?  I've had rose and violet creams in England (I think they were by Charbonnel & Walker).  Yum!

LCResz

(0) Hearts

Oh my, you just reminded me of the craziest candy I've ever tried. A Musk Lifesaver, from Australia. A family friend brought some when she visited and I thought it was eating perfume!

LCResz

(0) Hearts

Mmm, lavender infused anything is awesome. My favorite cheese is Barely Buzzed, which is lavender and espresso rubbed cheddar. What can't flowers do?

DTalksAll

I love anything violet, does anyone remember the violet candies? 

Check out Saint Germain! It's an elderflower liquor (the flowers from elderberries) & it's awesome in a wine cocktail (white wine, a splash of St. Germain & splash of Ginger Ale or Soda Water), in a vodka cocktail... 

I've also seen Grape flower infused liquor & Gin at the liquor store, but can't remember their names.

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

i haven't had it in a drink, but i recently discovered an ice cream called lulu lemon (I think by ben and jerry?) and it is ice cream with a lavender swirl in it.  It is sooo good and I bet lavendar might make an interesting cocktail flavor ifyou could figure out how to do it!

nebel

(0) Hearts

Liz Lemon!  It's named for Tina Fey and money goes to her charity! it is one of my FAVORITE flavors! yum!   I'd totally try a lavender infused cocktail!

nebel

I like true tonic-y medicinal cocktails with basil or thyme or mint.

But i *love* violets. Desserts with crystallized violets (basically, coated in sugar) are my favorite.  There's a restaurant in NYC called Perry St which has this dessert which is a chocolate pot de creme topped with fresh vanilla whipped cream and crystallized violets, and it is basically heaven.

LCResz

(0) Hearts

I'm with you, I'm more of a Chivas Regal and ginger ale or Jameson Irish coffee drinker, fruity drinks don't do it for me. However I may be falling in love with the idea of exploring flowery drinks!

nebel

(0) Hearts

I tend to go for a gin and tonic unless there is something interesting on the menu.  I really don't like sweet drinks at all (and I'm not much of a drinker, period, if I have one cocktail it is a big deal) but I also enjoy trying things with fresh ginger, cucumber, or mint. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • lucyshnoosy
    • DesertRose0706
    • nebel
    • wingatprsct
    • carolang