nathaliew

Pay yourself a compliment!

I was browsing through some old beauty magazines and found a feature where they had interviewed people on the streets and had women mention one physical attribute that they liked about themselves. One girl mentioned her freckles, another girl mentioned the fact that she had a rare eye-color and so on. Let's pay ourselves a compliment! I'll go first: I have really pretty collar bones :smileyhappy:

What makes YOU pretty????

neko333

Re: Pay yourself a compliment!

I like myself pretty much as a whole. I don't think I'm perfect but I feel like I was pretty lucky genetically. I have copper red hair with streaks of natural blonde running through it. People have actually asked me why I put the blonde streaks in it. I have an hourglass figure, high cheek bones, and full lips. My Mom often jokes about how I was able to collect all the good physical attributes from both sides of my family.

I think everyone has negative thoughts about themselves in some regard. Generally I'm just happy I can function as a normal human being to some extent since some people aren't that lucky. Once you have some perspective minor insecurities seem trivial. I do take great pride in looking presentable though. I don't stress over it, but I think knowing you've done your best helps as well. 

nathaliew

That's a great philosophy!

glossyguru

I love my brown hair, it has so many dimensions to it that I never need to get highlights, lowlights, Or get it dyed when the seasons change

nathaliew

(0) Hearts

Sounds beautiful!

tinaaz

Thank you so much for this post, it is a great idea! :smileyvery-happy: I love my long blonde hair, and my big eyes.

nathaliew

(0) Hearts

I am glad you think so! I am happy that so many people have responded. It is such an uplifting read!

lyravega

My naturally blond hair. And my "girls"! :smileyvery-happy: Oh, and I really love I'm tall, too :smileyhappy:

sephoralovex

I've always loved my eyebrows... filled in or not they look good. Like @jellybean917 stated.. I'm also really good at picking myself apart. It sucks but at the end of the day, I always try and think positive about myself and it has been helping a lot.

nathaliew

I envy a good set of brows. I have thick brows but they are very blonde, so I have to dye or fill them in or I look like an alien :smileywink:

It seems like we are all born with a talent for finding faults in ourselves and that appreciating our (inner and outer) beauty is like exercising a muscle... we need to do it regularly to see results and if we stop doing it for a while, the muscle gets weaker!

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

I can't say much about how i look. None of it is positive. :/

nathaliew

:smileysad: I think that most of us have felt like that at some point in our lives, I hope that with time you will be able to appreciate your unique beauty!!! But learning to like the way we look is like learning anything else in life, it takes time and we need to take small steps. I don't know that I will ever feel like a bombshell but I know that I feel much better about the way I look than I did a few years ago. I am SURE that if we met you, we would think that you are beautiful!!! *Lots of virtual love all the way from Sweden* <3 <3 <3 <3

lyravega

Very nicely said!

jellybean917

Unfortunately, I am really good at picking myself apart. I'll look in the mirror and think I look pretty, but then I'll start finding things wrong with me.

As much as I beat myself up about my body, at the end of the day, I love having an hourglass figure. I love to wear vintage silhouettes to really play it up, like high-waisted pants or a cute swing dress.

roxystar4

my big brown eyes :smileyhappy:

wingatprsct

I have to say my hair and my lips are my best features.  My natural hair is (or was) golden auburn.  My stylist works hard to recreate my natural color.  I also have full, well-shaped lips and I love to accentuate my lips with a bold lipstick.   I've never considered myself beautiful, but I've always tried to look "attractive" by keeping my skin clean and clear as possible, styling my hair, and dressing appropriately for the occasion.  Not everyone has natural beauty, but I believe we all are beautiful!

beauty-everything-has-beauty-but-not-everyone-sees-it-nature-quote-confucius.jpg

nathaliew

Golden auburn sounds gorgeous!

NotCrocker

It doesn't sound like a compliment, but I look like my dad. It is good. I have high cheekbones, a nice jawline and medium skin that tans easily, dark hair, and brown eyes that shift with gold undertones to black. I am pretty happy. My mom is lovely, and my sister got her hazel eyes, but I like looking like my dad.

nathaliew

(0) Hearts

awwe

LuckyWinter

I don't like a lot about myself... its even a bit hard to talk about something I really like about myself but yeah, It might sound a bit strange, but I like the shape of my eyes, its unusual and I like it :smileyhappy: It makes me stand out a bit, it makes me look fierce like a tiger! RAWR! ^_^

nathaliew

Most of us are pros at coming up with negative things about our appearance, that's why I wanted to do this thread, because I think we all need to work on finding things we like about the way we look!  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 54 replies
  • 86 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • nathaliew
    • hydee77
    • sephoralovex
    • wendyomgwar
    • lyravega
    • janinebt
    • roxystar4
    • missjr
    • neko333
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • lillyjumper
    • miabt
    • garnett
    • wingatprsct
    • jaimelove
    • glossyguru
    • NotCrocker
    • DrWould
    • jellybean917
    • tinaaz
    • FireSpinner
    • surioara
    • lovebird411
    • Carmen1986
    • shinybananas
    • LuckyWinter
Photos1
  • beauty-everything-has-beauty-but-not-everyone-sees-it-nature-quote-confucius.jpg