beautylovingirl

PULL A WEED GROW A FLOWER

Hey Chicks,

I thought it would be fun for everyone if we did this post. I wanted everyone to think about something negative in their live that they gave up or over came no matter how hard it was and had a really good result because of it. I wanted each and everyone of us to have that "Woo Hoo" feeling knowing they had what it took to get them to the result that made them and their life better. Mine would be:

1. The  weed(being the negative) I pulled would be caffeine & the good (flower I grew) would be more radiant skin and no more jitters.

2.The weed(being the negative) would be cutting my hours at work. (Even though my job was not negative it was taking up too many hours when I wanted to spend that time with my family.

The flower(good part) Getting to spend a lot more time with my family and only working 1 to 2 days a week now.

beautylovingirl

Re: PULL A WEED GROW A FLOWER

(0) Hearts

Too add more to what I already have there are two BIG UGLY WEEDS trying to invade in certain areas of the things I do so I'm gonna say again pulling the weeds that keep trying to invade but won't make it and grow FLOWERS!!!!!

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

For the moment, basically taking my mom's old machine back to it's youth, so pulling old age and replacing it with a toddler called XP  :smileytongue:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@kimmi1115- Thanks for sharing you are probably helping people that may not know how to deal with what is going on in their life with OCD and  just aren't ready to discuss it, and hopefully you took that time to have your "Woo Hoo" moment to know you have what it took to get through:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

I just had to add that one of my weeds are immature people who just have no hope of ever knowing how dumb they look when they do obvious immature things and my flower is not giving them a second thought.:smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

Amen to that!!  I see that everywhere on campus, especially in the eating areas of the student center.  Some students will practically yell, usually with words that other people may not want to hear, and they think they're so awesome because they think it makes them all cool in public.  No.  It doesn't.  There are high school students who don't even act like that.  

kimmi1115

Although my "weed" still bothers me, it is not as bad as it used to be.  When I was first diagnosed with OCD, I washed my hands and used hand sanitizer waayyyy too much, wouldn't touch certain objects, Lyosol was used way more than necessary, and I stopped eating meat when I heard about Mad Cow Disease (which wasn't even in the U.S. at the time).

Now, my "flower" is that I only wash my hands when they're dirty and whatnot, Lyosol is for cleaning, and I don't worry about Mad Cow.  After all, there's pretty much a whole cow out in the freezer, and he is tasty lol.  I have my life back.

beautylovingirl

@prettyinpa- Yeah I definitely agree with that I will not waste my time on those hard headed people either they are just not worth and it does feel great that I could care less when they choose to act ridiculous. There are a lot of things in this world we can't control so why bother:smileyhappy:

prettyinpa

My "weed" was obsessing about stuff that I couldn't do anything about. Like work difficulties and personal interactions that could have been better if the other person hadn't been mule headed.

The good flower is that I feel calmer and figure the other person's muleyness is their own problem and most certainly brings them aggravation in other parts of their life, so they are suffering more than me about it. Plus I have a lot more time to devote to stuff that I can actually make a difference about, or just relax and let issues sort themselves out.

dianabt

@PrettyinPA I love the word you used, "Muleyness" hahaha

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
prettyinpa

Only from a person who has ridden mules before!  They get a notion and then you just can't change their minds, even if it's for their own good.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 36 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • beautylovingirl
    • MoreGun89