beautylovingirl

PLEASE ASK ANYTHING AND FEEL GREAT

Hey Girls and New Posters,

I never want anyone to feel that they can't ask a question or feel like I'm not supporting them in becoming product savy or wanting to apply makeup in a better way. I know that everyone has to start some where and I've always answered anyone's question veteran or new comer with the best answers I have and also stuck with them until we figured it out. I'm an expressive person and I'm gointg to be truthful and say how I feel so I never ever want any one on here to feel shamed or uncomfortable with any question you may have. I want to make BT a fun but also informative place for new comers or veterans at all times.

beautylovingirl

Re: PLEASE ASK ANYTHING AND FEEL GREAT

(0) Hearts

@cutabove- Go with corals/ peachy colors they will look great with your complexion. You could also look at something like Nars Oragasm it's a color that looks great on everyone and it's a peachy/pink with a small amount of shimmer:smileyhappy:

cutabove

(0) Hearts

I have medium to tan skin,blue eyed,I wear just a highlighter on my eyes and a wear a bright pink or bright watermelon lipstick.What color blush would work. Elaine

wingatprsct

@newermexico

I've never tried a clear mascara, but would like to.  Post your question on the main page where is says "Start a conversation" and see if we can get some suggestions.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@newermexico- I have never used clear mascara but maybe one of these other ladies have.:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

@wingatprsct- I feel the same way and  I hope if you ever need me I'll be here.

wingatprsct

@beautylovingirl,

Well said!  I don't want anyone to feel that their question is unimportant or naive.  There are no wrong questions!  Likewise, I don't want to appear as a snob by offering advice.  I've been experimenting with makeup since I was a teenager and that was 30 years ago!  I can only hope that my comments might help someone just as I'm still learning by reading other's advice. There is a vast array of ages, complexions, skin conditions and colorings that comprise BT.  There is also a huge market of products and I haven't tried even tried a tenth of what's out there.  So, I really appreciate product information as well as application tips from BT contributors. (What was too dry for you, may be perfect for me since I have oily skin.) 

So, keep the questions coming and the comments flowing!

newermexico

(0) Hearts

what is the best clear mascara you have used, and why?

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@sephoramusthave- Your absolutely right!:smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

Does a base coat (nailpolish) make the polish last longer? I always use a topcoat, but have never used a basecoat. My nails never last more than a day without chippin'.....I heard that they were just for prevention or something....to prevent the polish from staining your nails, but does it make polish last longer?

There are no stupid questions right? :smileyvery-happy:

lylysa

I've personally found they help out by providing more "stick" and staying power for whatever color you layer on top.

If you notice, when you apply just a base coat, it dries down and isn't super shiny or wet looking, so it gives a different finish than a top coat, which stays glossy. Base coats also help to form a layer over the natural oils from your nail bed so your polish doesn't chip, peel, or break down as fast. 

There are some that help prevent staining and even some ridge filling base coats. 

beautylovingirl

Thanks girls for the hearts !!!  I luv all of you!:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 23 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • cutabove
    • lylysa