Carmen241986

Orogold Cosmetics - WHAT A JOKE !

[ Edited ]

Hey girls, I was at the mall today and on my way to Sephora and this young representative for a new brand called ' Orogold Cosmetics ' approached me. 

The store is very sleek and luxurious and looks like it's catered to high end clientele. She was ' testing ' out some products she recommended for me on my wrist. Then tried to con me into purchasing the products which I said no and would consider coming back. I go to their website and they are selling skincare that is for people who have MEGA BUCKS !. I get that it's 24K gold inside your stuff but selling it in a mall where I live ain't going to fly unless your rich. I'd suggest they go to Yorkville where the most ELITE shop in Toronto. What I found disturbing is that she's trying to say my purchases are going to irratate my skin and that the Amore Pacific stuff isn't as good. I don't care if you got 24K S**T in there I ain't buying it !. 

PLEASE AVOID THIS BRAND, THEY WILL SCAM YOU AND HARASS YOU !!! 

mberteig

Re: Orogold Cosmetics - WHAT A JOKE !

(0) Hearts

I had a similar experience at my local mall with a shop that sells skincare products that are wine-based.  They were extremely pushy and I had a heck of a time getting out of there!  Because of that, I will never go back.

The products were very pricey as well.  The rep gave me a card for a free facial during her spiel, but at the end, when I didn't buy anything, she asked for the card back!!  

All in all, it was a very bad experience.  I don't even want to walk down the part of the mall where that store is!

shapeshifter

(0) Hearts

Yeah, these mall kiosk fly by night cosmetics places are crazy and seem to pop up everywhere right before the holidays. Yesterday I was trying to avoid one but the guy chased me down to give me a sample, "Try it! It has WINE IN IT!!!" I took the sample to read the ingredients...first one is of course propolyne glycol (anti-freeze), even before wine!

Carmen241986

(0) Hearts

The girl I had wasn't too aggressive, but if she was I would be like HEY B''CH ! Keep your hands off me or else !

KMeleana

(0) Hearts
They are in several malls in the area but I have always avoided going anywhere near because I don't like when the sales associates stand outside trying to talk to you to come in the store...that just screams "pushy" to me. Now after reading this I'm so glad I stuck with my gut instincts.
decimalowen

I got pulled over by them once and had to cut them off to say I was allergic to gold. They didn't really believe it, but it actually is true. Goodness...

onomotopoeia9

If they didn't believe that you could be allergic to gold than they obviously don't know what they are talking about. If the reps don't know hat someone can be allergic to what they are  selling, that's pretty bad because then they could convince someone who is  allergic to it to get it anyways and really hurt someone...That's terrible!

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

According to this link, (check it out:smileyhappy:

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/11/13/demi-lovato-skin-secrets-favorite-skincare/

supposedly Demi Lovato uses this orogold stuff  - I considered buying it but I saw terrible reviews...

SugaredMagnolia

Why should ANYONE adopt the skin care routine of a 21 year old?

I want to know what Nicole Kidman (46 years old), Michelle Pfeiffer (56), and Halley Berry (47) are using.

charpic

[ Edited ]

Orogold is actually pretty notorious.  They have aggressive salespeople and they can get pretty **bleep** mean. I remember one time this salesman from Orogold dragged me over to his stall, slathered some junk on my skin, then tried to convince me they were selling a miracle cure for eczema.  When I said no, he decided to try to beat up my self esteem, saying stuff like "Aren't you tired of having disgusting skin?".  I said something rude and left.  After googling them, it seems they have a pretty bad rep.  Steer clear of Orogold -_-

kittichick

(0) Hearts

OMG, that is SO rude! I'm horrified!

Titian06

Thanks for the info, Carmen!  I looked up the company on the BBB (my favorite place to visit when researching a company I'm unfamiliar with); there doesn't appear to be any in my state.  The ones that showed up nation-wide are not BBB approved.  The majority have an "F" rating, with several having no rating or a "B" rating.

BeautyLove02

I've never heard of them...but if I ever see them I will steer clear! I'm not even sure how 24K gold would benefit anyone's skin in any way? It sounds like it would be borderline harmful or at the least, useless. I'm not a derm or anything...just my initial thoughts on it.

sundaespal

Thanks for the warning. I've never heard of these people, but I'll stay far away.

Missie772

OMG I FELL FOR THIS TOO!!! They started getting really pushy and I tried to leave... but my mom who was visiting got lured in as well and they were already taking off her makeup to try stuff on her face.

The sales associate was so pushy, trying to get my mom to buy a $300 eye cream. And she was like today only, if you buy 2 items, I will give you a third full sized for free. That is $600, not including tax for 2 items and she will throw in a third "for free." My mom was like maybe, maybe later, etc. But she wouldn't let my mom leave. They had her like trapped in the chair and making her look at her skin and everything. I got tired of it, snapped, and was like COME ON Mom, Dad is waiting for us somewhere- we got to meet him now!

spacesuit

I'm glad you got out of there without being conned into a purchase! I was just reading the other day about how aggressive their sales tactics are, they will straight up lie about the ingredients in their products (even when customers ask about ingredients they're allergic to) to get people to buy them and then at the last minute stamp "no returns" on the receipt so people can't return the products. They literally go up to people and tell them they have terrible skin; they like to target people they think have low self esteem. People have been cheated out of thousands of dollars by this company, it's basically a huge scam.

on the blog beautylovin .com there's an article called "beware of oro gold cosmetics" and the comments are full of horror stories.

Londonlover101

that same company is in my mall too, and I agree when you say it is catered to very high end clientele, I was offered some sampels a few times before and they worked okay (one of the ingredients is 24K GOLD!) they are just being a bunch of stale pastries if they are trying to convince you that what you are using isn't good for your skin. sorry about that experience!

love2shop42

On Hautelook right now they have 24k gold formulations/beauty care that won't put you in bankruptcy. Just an FYI

oklady2013

Since it appears that 90% of their products are in jar packaging the good for your skin, if there are any, are going to deteriorate rapidly.  Gold isn't magic either, it's a metal. I have a strong feeling there are better products  with more appropriate packaging at a more reasonable price on the market.  I'm glad you walked away Carmen.

sangova

There's something like this in my mall too. And I hate that they're so pushy, always! The just don't leave you alone. Once I had to be like really  rude to the girl, who was trying to put their cream on my face, and only then she let me go. Ugh! 

aleishamaxime

I wonder what the actual product is like, all I see is people getting mad because the same products for a lower price on amazon but very few have really commented on the quality. Everyone seems to be mad they were conned into spending so much.

Carmen241986

If it's cheap on Amazon it can't be too good. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 49 replies
  • 63 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • lovinglondon
    • mberteig
    • sephoramusthave
    • annonymous1