jellybean917

Order Sadness

I placed a few orders last week for some products I was really excited about, plus the cute mini perfume perks.

Three orders were supposed to arrive Tuesday. I checked the tracking, and it said they were all delivered. They were not on my porch. My porch is enclosed, and packages can easily hide from thieves. As a matter of fact, there are several packages on my porch now that have been there for days for other people in my building.

One order was supposed to arrive yesterday and it was marked as "delivered", but yet again, not there.

I called Sephora and some of my items I ordered were out of stock - Naked 3 and the sale UD Black Market pencil set - not to mention the mini perfume perks. I was refunded and Sephora made it hassle-free, but I'm left with a panic about ordering again. What happened to my stuff?

I absolutely do not want to redirect to the UPS facility, as the nearest is rather far. I would never be home to sign for any delivery either. I guess I wanted to vent/ask for advice. I don't feel comfortable even ordering because I don't want my orders to go missing. This is a terrible feeling.

stacv

Re: Order Sadness

Wow I have been in the same boat lately. We live in a suburb that has been having thefts from porches so I ave all delivery companies holding my packages at their local branch to avoid lost presents. I definitely feel like most companies and USPS have been really really slow lately and I just had an order marked as delivered that I did not receive form the Post Office so I have to check on that... it's my husband's main Christmas gift, a bunch of rock climbing gear that isn't cheap... hoping it's actually at the Post Office! Glad you got your stuff, have fun with Naked3!

jellybean917

Update:

A single Sephora box was on my porch today. I opened it up, and it contained the contents from 3 of my orders. I'm assuming they were sent to the wrong house, someone opened them up, and got them back to me. Everything from the orders was there - including Naked 3 and the Black Market pencil set!

I called CS and told them to "unrefund" me since the packages arrived, and they gave me 200 points for calling back and asking to be charged again lol. I'm optimistic that my fourth order will show up now, yay!

Everyone I talked to from Sephora was super helpful :smileyhappy: Hooray for happy endings!!

poshified

(0) Hearts

I'm glad you got your orders, despite a minor detour! Sephora CS is definitely one of the best :smileyhappy:

drrragon

oh that is such great news!  I'm so happy that you got your stuff after all jellybean!  Weird that they would actually open boxes that were clearly not address to them though.....but nice that they returned all the goodies.  Yaaaay!

lissay

Wonderful news! Glad you got ALL your items :smileyhappy:

oklady2013

Yes, UPS is not doing at all well this year. They sent my pet's meds via ground when the shipper sent them 2nd day air as we both thought best due to extreme cold. Well it's now 5 days later & the package still isn't here. I did receive a schedule for delivery notice from UPS for 2 days ago. It still shows "in transit". hopefully it will show soon as I've spent over 3 hours on the phone trying to straighten out UPS's mess in regards to this package.

lilyyy

(0) Hearts

I hope it's not thieves. Keep in mind that they have your personal information from your invoice now so you may want to take action.

But, possible good news! I had a few "delivered" packages that went missing for a few days. Turns out, the mail lady stuffed it into the wrong mailbox.

PoesRevy

This is simply my opinion, although I feel that UPS has been very disappointing with their services this season-late, missing/lost packages(including tracking packages via their website-terrible sometimes). Typically, I have had decent service with them however lately they do not seem to be on point. Hopefully, their "glitches" will be worked out very soon.

I feel badly you had to go through this with your "said" delivered, but no where to found packages. It is disappointing and alarming to think it could happen again. I do agree if you can have them sent to your work or to someone you know/trust that will be available during the day.

Sephora handled the situation correctly with the hassle-free refund.

spoiledbrat

Having had orders go missing, the sales people at Talbots told me there are people that follow the UPS and Fed Ex trucks.They pick up the drop offs where people are not home. It becomes worse this time of year. People can always get lower and lower. It is best to not have packages left if you cannot be home or have them sent to another address.

Hope your situation is resolved quickly.

sn22

(0) Hearts

That's really horrible. I can imagine how you must feel, I get super excited when I am expecting a package and to deal with missing packages would be so disappointing. But glad for the great customer service at Sephora. Hope this doesn't happen to my order or any one else!

bfuller

(0) Hearts

So sorry to hear this on a Sephora order, jellybean917.  Though it wasn't a Sephora order (thank God!), the same scenario happened to me just two weeks ago.  FedEx marked a package as delivered... wish I knew where he delivered it to.

It's so disheartening when these things happen, and it's typically holidays that the shipments get so mixed up.  I'm sure once the holidays are over and things settle down, all will be back to normal.

I try to live by a rule I made years ago, no gift orders after the last week of November.  This way if there's a dispute, there's more than enough time to back-track and settle the issue with the company.  Added perk:  less stress.

Good luck & I'll say a prayer that all packages from here arrive safely for you!

lissay

(0) Hearts

Oh I hate that for you :smileysad: I have had orders say they were delivered that were delivered to the wrong house on SEVERAL occasions. One time I called the UPS 800 number and they sent the driver back to my house. He argued with me he scanned it and delivered it on my porch. I was furious. 5 mins later he came back with my boxes that he delivered three streets over. He said "oops sorry"! I'm hoping wherever they got delivered to calls in to report they got someone else's package or it shows up for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed it gets resolved quickly!!! 

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Hi jellybean917,

I'll send you a PM to discuss options. Sorry to hear this I know how frustrating packages that go MIA can be.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
ilovebears

Can you have your packages shipped to your office/work?  You must be super frustrated :smileysad:

algenib

(0) Hearts

I was going to suggest that also :smileyhappy:

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

That's a great idea, I didn't think of this! Is it okay to have the shipping address different than the billing address?

lilyyy

(0) Hearts

It's OK. My billing address is still my old condo.

algenib

(0) Hearts

Yes, it is ok to have different billing and shipping address. When I moved out of my parents' house I never changed the address on my bank account and I don't have problems with it.

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

I'm sorry about your orders! One time I ordered something from Amazon that was supposed to take a week to be delivered, and it showed up a month later and at that point I didn't even remember what I ordered. Sometimes shipping stinks :smileysad:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 24 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • lissay
    • spoiledbrat
    • drrragon
    • lilyyy
    • janinebt
    • poshified