quotidianus

One-sided Catfights and General Confusion: a Rant.

[ Edited ]

So off topic ... I'm still completely nonplussed by what happened over lunch.  I went to late brunch with some friends today and we were having a great time and perhaps got slightly tipsy.  A woman came over and started chatting with one of my friends and he just grabbed my leg, squeezed it and told her that he was here with his girlfriend.  I introduced myself (we're not dating, but he's viciously good looking and gets a lot of attention he doesn't want ... we generally act as each others 'out' if we get attention we don't want) and she stayed and chatted with us for a bit longer.

Okay, here is where it gets bizarre and dramatic.  I excused myself to the ladies and the woman followed me in and completely chewed me out about how I wasn't good enough for him and blah blah to which I just laughed (it was so surreal, couldn't do anything but) and then she slapped me.  Thankfully, a woman that works there and knows me was in the ladies as well.  She's now banned from the property, and I told her I wouldn't press charges if she would leave quietly.  She had the common sense to do it.

My friend felt entirely guilty for the incident, but he had naught to do with it.  It's a mystery to me. In her mind, I was dating this guy and she thought that my berating and assaulting me she could somehow be with him? Why fixate? For all she knows, he could be a completely miserable a**hole.  And I could have had her arrested, so this could have messed up other areas of her life.  She was so self-righteous and indignant, saying I should be banned from the property for being a b**** and that she hadn't done anything wrong.

I was already in a very down mood today, and this just put me over the edge.  I've retreated to bed with pups, YouTube and too much hot cocoa.

I only have a few close female friends and I guess it's because I have seen a lot of this type of behavior and have had a few other bad experiences. I'm really grateful to have seen this wonderful camaraderie which seems to abound on BT and shows me there are a lot of great, supportive women out there. Life is too short, and women do have a number of uphill battles in this world ... I don't know why many insist on tearing each other down when we should be supportive of each other or, at the very least, not cause problems for each other.  That, along with post-incident micheladas and tequila shots, has given me a headache and a lot of confusion ... I just don't get it at all.

PS: The only funny take-away from the whole thing was she did say 'I don't give a f*** how pretty you are.'  First time I've been called pretty in years and it was during a really horrid incident.  Oh, the irony.

Thanks ... done with the rant.

nhunka

Re: One-sided Catfights and General Confusion: a Rant.

Heres a picture of a puppy to cheer you up! IMG_20130526_203859.jpg

quotidianus

Woohoo for puppies!

leolion

Whoa! That is quite an incident!  I commend you for being classy and not drowning her head in a toilet or something.  (That would end very badly, but I may not have been able to hold myself back if she slapped me).  Also, she sounds like a real SCREWED UP PIECE OF TRASH who just doesn't know any better and who is insanely jealous of you because you are pretty and because of this guy.  I hope you are able to not have any further contact.  If you are not pressing charges, I HOPE YOU STILL PUT IT ON RECORD at the police station with this other woman as your witness.  That way if anything further happens, there is at least a lawful record.  That is very important, which I unfortunately know from a long ago guy relationship that ended in a restraining order. Chin up and good luck at keeping this toxic person out of your life.

wendyomgwar

0,0 ... WTF?

I deal with odd people at my job all the time. But that's seriously so freaking weird!!! Like what?!?! Smh, poor thing she probably feels that way about herself. 

I know people are rude and just overall unkind sometimes, I try to not let it bother me too much because I know they're frustrated with themselves or something going on in their life. I just brush it off and even when it escalates and people send mean emails about me to corporate I just keep doing my job. As long as I know that I didn't do anything wrong I'm okay. 

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

Yikes! and I thought I was having a rough day! A have a feeling we may have seen this woman on a really bad episode of The Bachelor!! :smileywink:

I was stunned when I read that she actually slapped you! Who does that? Maybe she'd had a bit too much to drink too and some people get a bit crazy when they drink. This is definitely not what you expect at Sunday Brunch. I admire your ability to restrain yourself, not everyone could have handled it that way you did and you should be very proud of yourself. I understand why you retreated to the bedroom with your pups etc, that's really the good medicine you needed to help you recover from this assault. My heart really hurts for you though, this simply makes no sense. I do not understand the whole women treating other women badly thing, I've witnessed it and dealt with it in the past and it's hurtful and senseless. You're right, we should lift each other up, not tear each other down. Obviously, this young woman has not yet learned that, let's hope she does. I wonder what has happened in her life to make her this way and honestly will say a prayer for her immediately after writing this......I just don't get it.

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that, it was beyond wrong. So sad.

The upside is that you managed to find the silver lining on this huge storm cloud - **she called you preeeeetty!** Even though you may not have heard anyone say you're pretty in a while, you have to know that you are, inside and out. Sometimes it makes it more difficult for others to handle when they encounter someone who is more than just pretty on the outside. You handled this with grace and style, you should be very proud of yourself. You can believe that you will be in my prayers, sometimes it's not so easy to just shake off things like this, I hope you will feel the love and comfort of my prayers and good light I'll be sending your way, I'm sure many other ladies will do the same. Focus on all these wonderful ladies who have grown to care for you, not the one who is surely troubled. Please take care of yourself, love those puppies and come back to us for reassurance if this comes back to haunt you in any way. Know that you are loved. :smileyhappy:

**when I sang 'she called you preeeeetty' in my head, it was ala Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality - when she sings 'you want to kiiiss me, you want to huuuug me' to Benjamin Bratt - just thought that might be a fun visual for you.:smileyhappy:

bfuller

You must be more than just a "pretty" woman for such a shallow, insecure "girl" to lash out at you in such an extreme jealous rage.

Whatever you were feeling down about, this should lift you up (yes, I read the whole story) because even though she had NO right to touch you, much less strike you, there must surely be something special about you that goes beyond just looks to make her feel like she couldn't compete, therefore resulting in her trying to intimidate you.

And the way you handled it with such dignity... highly respectable and the epitome of what a real woman is.  My applause to you, quotidianus!

Panda168

[ Edited ]

"Whatever you were feeling down about, this should lift you up (yes, I read the whole story) because even though she had NO right to touch you, much less strike you, there must surely be something special about you that goes beyond just looks to make her feel like she couldn't compete, therefore resulting in her trying to intimidate you." <<<<< Very well put and I completely agree. 

shoegirly

[ Edited ]

Very well said... my thoughts exactly. :smileyhappy:

Quotidianus, I often find myself scratching my head in situations like that as well. I think bfuller has summed it up pretty well -so take some solace in that! ...and don't despair (as witnessed frequently right here on BT) there are more of us out there, like yourself, that handle ourselves with elegance and a sense of graciousness. I second and send more applause your way!:smileywink:

LindenAnn

What an absolutely hideous person! I'm so sorry. :smileysad:

glossyguru

Some people are just flat out loony... I'm sorry that this happened to you

tracygirl64

WOW...just wow. I can't even fathom what this woman has going wrong with her in her head to do/say such a thing! Talk about catty! I agree with you, though, I don't know why women generally seem to tear each other down or talk bad about one another. I was just talking to my husband about this last night. Women, in general, are so caring and nurturing, but when it comes to each other, they turn into some real meanies. Don't think about it too much or even give this girl and her words the time of day, she was obviously really jealous of you. It sounds like she needs some major therapy though. 

butterblume

That woman needs psychiatric help. She's a bad reflection on all of us girls. I'm sorry you had such a terrible day Quotidianus! You are beautiful and her craziness has nothing to do with you!

veronika23

OMG! Wow!  I really don't know what to say to this. What she on drugs... like bad trippin' or drunk???  WTF?? Seriously you don't do that!  Good for you for not pressing charges... I think I would have or I would have punched her in the face.  I can't believe this happened to you.  I'm so sorry you had to deal with this and again so good of you to be the "bigger" women and just tell her to leave.  Thank you for sharing with us and hope it made you feel better. :smileyhappy:

BeautyLove02

Take pride in the fact that you were a true classy lady and she acted like trash. She should be embarrassed to act like that over ANY man...let alone a man she didn't know! I (almost!) feel bad for her...I wonder what her life must be like to have to stoop so low? Maybe she has mental problems or something? I'm so sorry that you went through that. If I was your friend and I was there with you, I would've let you be the classy one while I ran the b!tch out for you :smileyhappy: BT got your back girl <3 lol

jellybean917

I didn't know these sorts of things happened in real life. I can't believe she actually slapped you. I'm not sure what I would have done. Sometimes I have very aggressive dreams about beating the **** out of people who have made me angry...perhaps that would've been the perfect time to test out my rage fighting! Grr.

upload_5548752430252783632.jpg

nikki

Soooo cute.

Sorry you had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day Quotidianus:smileysad:  Good on you for handling it with dignity and class.

I dislike that society has pitied girls against each other so that we've become a culture of mean girls and female chauvinist pigs that tear each other down to appeal to men more. 

That's why I love BT though, because this is the nicest, most welcoming group of ladies I've ever seen. <3

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

Jellybean, you're the best! How on earth did you find the most perfect pic imaginable? Don't know how, but you did. **quotadianus** is right, this does make everything seem a little better. :smileyhappy: Thanks girl!

quotidianus

Shiba inu puppy snarl!  I don't know how that makes everything a little better, but it does!

tracygirl64

I love that doggy picture! Is that a baby akita or a shiba inu? Or, do you know? Adorable!!!

Plantgarden

Was her name Kenya Moore from RHWOA? :smileywink:

jenpred

"Gone with the wind I'm fabulous!"

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 74 replies
  • 264 hearts
  • 47 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • lovinglondon
    • nikki
    • killahbabe
    • chupi