thesupergirl

Omg I just had the scare of my life!

I think I need a drink.  My phone rang and it was the fraud deptment for my bank. They said they saw some unusal  activty on my debit card and wanted to verify that I made the charges. Out of the last 5 charges I only did 2! I was freaked out! My card has been cancelled and reissued a new one with a different numbers and my bank refunded my the money it was almost $100.00! So glad I have fraud proctection if you don't have it get it! The bad news is now I can't place my sephora but I think I can wait but my cart might get bigger!

midnightangel

Re: Omg I just had the scare of my life!

Yep, someone stole your card #. You followed the right steps, now all you have to do is wait for the new card to arrive. It happens. If that's the "scare of your life" then my dear you're either very young or live a very privileged life. :smileywink:

Smile and be grateful that it wasn't worse...it could have been.

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

Your right I'm young( only 24) but I'm very thankful is wasn't worse.

ShinyMagpie

Same thing happened to my husband this week. He just went and picked up his temporary card at the bank this morning. There were three bogus charges on his card totaling about $100.

annonymous1

You should go to the bank and get a temp card if you really want to shop, i've had this happen to me so much and it is scary, idk what bank you have but bank of america is amazing with fraud protection

shyvicki

(0) Hearts

My bank will offer a temporary ATM card.

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

My bank doesn't offer temporary cards:smileysad:

veronika23

Glad they caught it!  I had my cards cancelled a few times but it was more prevention.  They were scared that my number got copied and just cancelled the cards.  Glad you got your money back as well.  Hope it doesn't take too long to get a replacement :smileywink:

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

They said it will take 7-10 business days I even got them to send it to my po box

lilyyy

Are you SURE it was a legit call from your bank? I have never known a bank to send a card to anything but your physical permanent address in case of fraud or identity theft.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 28 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • shyvicki
    • hydee77
    • annonymous1
    • lilyyy
    • thechicgeek
    • roxystar4