mrsbaine

Off topic: a real challenge

As I was about to press "confirm" on a purchase of new blush on It Cosmetics, I realized that I have absolutely no need for yet another blush and decided that I need a makeup purchasing diet. Maybe it would be fun to go on this diet with some others (hint, hint). 

Who wants to shop our own collection for the next 30 days to see what new stuff we can create without buying anything? Maybe we can even post some pics. 

anyone brave enough? :smileyhappy: 

CuriousCannibal

Re: Off topic: a real challenge

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Well I have made a couple of unplanned buys- The new lash stash kit, which was definitely not a neccesity, but I love mascaras. BUT I know I shouldn't have gotten it, since I have a lot of minis, and I always gravitate towards the same mascara :smileysad: Oh well...at least i'm set on mascara for the rest of the year.

Also bought a couple of random things at the drugstore (one of them being a revlon nail polish (1000 volts) which i don't regret because it's a color i'll use a LOT.)

Nothing too bad though. I really want Mac's Cockney lipstick, and I need to repurchase ruby woo because mine is almost 5 years old and is super dry and hard to work with...BUT those can wait.

And I've been on a waitlist for Jaclyn Hill's sigma brush set, which is supposed to be released today. As much as I WANT the brushes, I know that I don't need them, so I think i'll pass them up.

plm95

Now that I've done my Chic Week haul, I'm finished for awhile! I am definitely on a no buy for at least the next 30 days!! I'll need lots of luck, haha

Spoiler

mrsbaine

Sorry Urbie, I can't reply to messages for some reason today. I did an exchange the other day- I had bought a HG Ambient Light in Mood and it was too pink for me. I also returned a Lancome Lip Lover in Fushia because that color didn't work and I had found 2 or three other colors that did. So, I had $65, about, to work with for an exchange. So I got an eye cream and some Givency Ombre shadows. I figured it was like for like so didn't go against my "no buy". I resisted yesterday with the HG Ambient Light Palette. I was SO CLOSE to buying it, but then I found out it would be a Permanent item at Sephora, so I didn't. It will be a Rouge exclusive for a week- which still doesn't get me to the end of the month. I'm hoping there will be some left by May 1 when I'm buying things again. Something tells me I want the other colors- even though I know I don't need them. :smileyhappy:

Has anyone "shopped their stash"? I have a couple of times and it's fun! I forgot about several things I had.

Urbie

I think an exchange counts as still being a "no buy"- you didn't spend any money :smileyhappy:

CuriousCannibal

I sortve shopped my stash yesterday...I was going through my lipstick drawers and came across Dior's lipstick in cruise, which I completely forgot about buying. It was still on my wish list! I still don't know when I bought it...now that's sad.

rdesigns

I actually "shopped my stash" yesterday.  I had purchased the Givenchy Rouge Interdit Magic Lipstick a couple of weeks ago and never opened it.  I tried it out yesterday and was absolutely thrilled with it! :smileyhappy:  I only wish I had tried it sooner.

http://www.sephora.com/rouge-interdit-lipstick-livs-lips-P374930?skuId=1582386

Urbie

I've been doing pretty good here.  I repurchased my Murad eye cream since I was out and there was a $10 off coupon plus 11% cash back at ebates.  

I did buy one cosmetic item this weekend (Naked Basics), but I used two gift cards so it was free- I'd been planning on getting it for about a month but just hadn't been by a Macy's that had an UD counter.  That doesn't count, right?

rdesigns

I don't believe skincare items count towards the ban because they are for your general health and well-being :smileyhappy: Free is free! Can't beat that! :smileyhappy:

Urbie

That was my reasoning!  Plus I got my eye cream for $16 off the regular price, which is a really great deal!  

chelsd

(0) Hearts

So I have bought one beauty purchase, but I kinda consider it a necessity (cough-loophole).  I've been covetously lusting after more products since this thread has been started; ONLY 8 DAYS??.  But, I've recommitted to this challenge!

CuriousCannibal

broke my no buy so I could do one last haul....*siiiigh* I regret nothing!

I'm just sad that my sephora was out of the hourglass blush i wanted :smileysad:

So now i'm going to TRY not to get anything else for the rest of this month. Anything that catches my eye can go on a wishlist. 

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

Which HG did you want? They are lovely. I do have a list too... It's short, but it's a list. 

CuriousCannibal

(0) Hearts

I already have Diffused heat, radiant magenta, and luminous flush, but after watching one of my videos someone suggested I try mood exposure, so I went and swatched it.....and fell in love. 

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

Yeah, Mood is very pretty! I've been eyeing Dim 

hackneyfl

I have fallin' and can't get up ;-)

rdesigns

[ Edited ]

Get back on the wagon :smileyhappy:  We all fall, but as long as we keep getting up, we are not defeated (at least I keep trying to tell myself that!).  I never realized how much I buy makeup as a pick-me-up until now.  I always use the skincare items I buy, but makeup is usually an impulse purchase for me.

hackneyfl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I start my evening on the no-buy then comes the morning and I be d@mned if something isn't new that as come out of course some wonderful lady has to post about it and then opppppsssss, I fall off again somehow ;-)

EDIT ... Order since I started the no-buy on 4/1! <hangs head in shame>Untitled.jpg

mrsbaine

Lol... You're not on a no buy! 

mrsbaine

Hi Everyone! Man, Hourglass! They put the new Ambient Light Palette out during a NO BUY! I have Dim Light, and I'm telling myself that I'm absolutely fine with just that one, but their website is calling my name! This no buy is harder than I thought. How are you guys doing? I see it's been hard for a couple of folks.

000Petals000

(0) Hearts

Too difficult... I am back on the wagon now though. No more....... really....... I swear........ *sob

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 108 replies
  • 173 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • tehprincessjenn
    • marydiva
    • drrragon
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • klbandy