Off topic: a real challenge

As I was about to press "confirm" on a purchase of new blush on It Cosmetics, I realized that I have absolutely no need for yet another blush and decided that I need a makeup purchasing diet. Maybe it would be fun to go on this diet with some others (hint, hint). 

Who wants to shop our own collection for the next 30 days to see what new stuff we can create without buying anything? Maybe we can even post some pics. 

anyone brave enough? :smileyhappy: 

Re: Off topic: a real challenge

I have passed on the Hourglass so far :smileywink:  I have looked at the Ambient powders in the store, but I have never found one color that seemed like it would work well with my skin.  I still feel oddly compelled to buy it, but so far I have been able to resist by telling myself that it just won't work for me.

...it'll probably work for you. I know, I know, this is NOT helpful, but they are really nice little powders! To give you that glow! And they photograph well. I haven't succumbed yet, because I feel like Sephora is waiting to put them up till Friday.  I just have this sneaking suspicion. 

Oh lol! What a big help you are :smileyhappy:  I have oily skin, and I hate shine on my face.  I have Guerlain Meteorites in a drawer that are over a decade old that I only used once or twice and absolutely hated (they are too pretty to throw in the trash! I've tried lol).  I don't usually highlight my skin because of my larger pores and oiliness.  I am trying so hard to resist them!

So far, I haven't noticed a shine. :smileyhappy: but I have normal to dry skin. 

(0) Hearts

I already blew my no cosmetics buy :smileysad:  I bought two Givenchy lipsticks last night that I do not need.  I still have lipsticks that I purchased months ago that I have never even used once.  I don't know why I keep buying makeup products that I do not use.

[ Edited ]

Ok, I caved! I am weak! I tried! Was just browsing as I am still looking for my mascara HG when I stumbled upon the Kat Von D VIB Early Release and since the rock star set showed up again, I put that in cart as well and hit the buy button! So, I shall start this dang no-buy AGAIN!

download.jpg

It's just like a diet... You fell off the wagon. I know it's hard! I purposely haven't been looking at merchandise.

First quasi success story: I started using my jumbo size bare minerals setting powder today. Typically, I buy the hydrating one- I got this one in a kit over the holidays. I took a good look at myself in the mirror yesterday and said "I look pink"... Well, the original mineral veil is pink; the hydrating one is yellow. Immediately, I think "I'll reorder the right one". Well, can't do that on a no buy, so I went to "the stash". In my travel bag, I found a pretty new jar of the hydrating one, and I also found 2 deluxe samples of finishing powder, one by MUFE and the other one is from Tarte. Problem solved! It felt good to shop the stash! 

upload_2015326408348088646.jpg

upload_6854834619614023673.gifWe've totally got this.

Have a working bunny today. It's a good distraction.

Bunny butt!!!!

(0) Hearts

FAVORITE MOVIE EVER. :heart:

SO FLUFFY :heart:

Aaauuuuggggh I need to buy EVERYTH---oooh that bunny is so cuuuuute!

hey it really works, almostyou :smileyvery-happy:

(0) Hearts

Oh Lordy! Day 2, really?!?!!? This gonna be a long dang(and DANG is not what I want to say either!!!) month for sure!!!

I ordered the couple of nail polishes I wanted, along with one of the new bite beauty lipsticks.

Then I went to sephora with my mom to get her a couple of the soap & glory kits, because she wanted them after seeing mine. While we were there I got one of the new ole henriksen makeup wipes, some hair ties (in my favorite color....i couldn't resist.) and I managed to find the becca highlighters! When I went for the rouge event I couldn't find the becca products so i thought they'd taken them out completely, but they were just hidden..

I'd originally planned on picking one of the two that I wanted, but after swatching them I had to have both :smileysad:

My wallet is mad at me, but i'm happy to have opal and topaz in my possession <3

So now I'm officially done. I DO want to go back before the sale ends to buy the Fresh Black Tea mask, but I MIGHT leave that as an end-of-semster gift to myself......I haven't decided yet.

My inner makeup addict is telling me to BUY ALL THE THINGS while I have the discount....*sigh* I need help.

(0) Hearts

I know the feeling! Mine is too, but I can't possible use all of it! So I have to slow down, finish some things, then buy again. 

I'm in after I make a few Chic Week purchases (I'll try to stick to the pre-planned items...yeah, right).

I'm in. It's gotten ridiculous. That said, I've already been bargaining with myself after seeing the SiJCP Bite lipgloss set.

Lippie addiction…it's a real thing.

IT IS!!! I WILL NOT buy that this month.... If it's sold out, it wasn't meant to be. I have a box of unused lipsticks and glosses. 

[ Edited ]

Shall need to step away from the computer! I am weak! Gonna be a long month for sure and it has only been a couple hours!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • disabler kitty.jpg
  • download.jpeg
  • image.jpg
  • upload_6854834619614023673.gif
  • upload_2015326408348088646.jpg