annypoo

Off topic... Longchamp bag

[ Edited ]

longchamp

I am thinking of purchasing a small longchamp la pliage bag. Does anyone own a similar bag? How do you like it in terms of functionality, quality, etc.?

katie1724

Re: Off topic... Longchamp bag

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I've had many over the years and have had good experiences -- if you bring them in to Longchamp right when the corners start to get holes, they can actually repair them for you, but once they're larger, it's not possible. All of mine eventually had wear in the corners (but I recycle the old ones for use as gym bags). If you use it as a daily bag, the wear and tear is kind of inevitable. 

When I used a Pliage bag as an actual bag/purse, I liked the medium-sized handbag with the shorter handle drop (which still fit over the shoulder). The larger totes have the longer handle drop, which is fine as a gym / carry on bag, but it gets to be annoying when it's functioning as a purse (it's too far away and you have to put the bag down to get into it). 

If you ever feel like investing in a leather one (not the leather pliage, just one of their other leather lines), those are worth the cost, in my opinion. I carried mine for 4-5 years before I bought another bag. 

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

One of my coworkers had the small longchamp la pliage in navy blue. It was so cute in person, and a nice size!

etscore1

(0) Hearts

Just got an email - they're back on Ideeli if anyone is still looking.

etscore1

(0) Hearts

Longchamp was on sale at Ideeli this morning. Not sure what's left of the selection, but prices were decent ($119 for the large Le Pliage from $165).

etscore1

(0) Hearts

I have two of the large bags and one of the medium. Depending on what you want to carry in it, like someone else said, the large bag is great for a carry on. It fits a laptop and a bunch of other things really easily. Plus, I think as long as you get the long straps, it's comfortable to carry even when it's full, or you're carrying heavy items. Really is the perfect everyday bag.

I got the medium when it was really super on sale at Bloomingdales (the best place to keep an eye out for sales, IMHO) and it's nice for days I don't feel like rummaging around in the large bag, or only have a few things to bring with me.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I've had mine for 4 or 5 years now in the dusty rose & love it. It's the only bag I fly with as my carry on. I can fit my iPad, makeup, sweater/blanket, a spare par of shoes, a clutch... When I get to my destination it doubles as a beach bag or tote for shopping. 

It holds up really well, and cleans easily. 

lilyyy

(0) Hearts

If you want something similar but edgier, try Jack Spade bags (for men). I personally adore them and support my boyfriend buying several (so I can borrow them!!!). :smileywink:

NYRU0058_079_11_M.jpeg

DIPPED COAL BAG
$198.00

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Ive wanted one for a while now but to use for when i take stuff to work like lunch or pkgs to ship. or even just orders that i send to work to separate from my own bag but i haven't been able to justify the price. Even the one outlet i went to wasn't low enough

annypoo

(0) Hearts

I think if it was for lunch or packages, there are cheaper alternatives.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

probably but i haven't found anything i liked. SO i just use my Sephora totes

MlleCC

If you do decide to purchase it, but you don't need to have it right away, maybe it would be a good idea to wait until the summer designer sales in June-July so that you can purchase it at a discount.  From what I remember of previous years, the sale should be available both in-stores and online for the U.S.  They usually have discounts anywhere from 30-50% for past-season bags and accessories. 

annypoo

(0) Hearts

Do you know if the sale is specifically on their own website and their store?

rdesigns

Bloomingdale's often has sales where you can get these bags for a significant discount.

MlleCC

[ Edited ]

Yes, the sale prices would be available on Longchamp's own website and boutiques. Last year, I remember that their sale was going on around the same time as France's national summer sales, so I usually use that as a rough guide point. I've also seen Longchamp items go on sale at Nordstroms but I'm not sure when they get discounted, and the selection might not be as comprehensive as what Longchamp themselves put out for the summer sales season. Good luck finding your perfect bag! :smileyhappy:

annypoo

(0) Hearts

Thank you!

rdesigns

I use the Longchamp large Planetes as a carry-on whenever I travel (it also comes in a small and medium size). I like it a little better than the Le Pliage-line bags because I feel it is constructed a bit better.  However, it does not fold like the Le Pliage.  What will your primary use for this bag be?  Do you need it to fold?

planetes.jpg

annypoo

(0) Hearts

The folding isn't a big deal to me, I'm more concerned about the material because I see a lot of people getting holes at the bottom of their bag. I understand that it's wear and tear bit if it tears easily, I might as well invest in a different bag.

rdesigns

The material on the Planetes bags is a bit heavier.  I was originally going to get a Le Pliage to use as an overnight carry-on type of bag, but I did not like the feel of the fabric.  I like the fabric on the Planetes much better.  It is also very easy to spot clean with just a little water on a soft cloth. I would get a Le Pliage only to use as a protector for my more expensive handbags while going through TSA.  HTH.

annypoo

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I will look into that. Will probably go in store so I can actually see the material 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • aviscardi
    • lilyyy
    • rdesigns
    • Heatoyos1