alkapassi

OFF Topic:Sunglasses for Men

Sorry for OFF topic.I was looking for some suggestions and could not think of elsewhere.I want to give sunglasses to my husband because I know he wont buy by himself and keep using the old ones.What are latest trends for Oval face shape.Any suggestions ?

alkapassi

Re: OFF Topic:Sunglasses for Men

(0) Hearts

thanks :smileyhappy: .From where you usually buy sunglasses.Any suggestions on store to buy classic style ones

malday

(0) Hearts

Oval face shapes can wear almost any type of sunglasses I believe. Men definitely look so much better in classic styles. My BF only wears Wayfarers and this one pair of Persols that Steve McQueen wore.

upload_74589925741933030.jpg

alkapassi

(0) Hearts

Thanks Everyone .Its so helpful :smileyhappy:

quotidianus

There is a fantastic site called the Art of Manliness which has a great piece on men and sunglasses.  PMing the link to you.

comfyrock

The guys at work are always sneaking on to this site.  Caught them discussing the effects of straight razor vs electric on facial skin condition.  There was also great debate over that sunglasses article.

quotidianus

(0) Hearts

That is hilarious.  Yes, my son has declared his love for the safety razor after visiting this site.  In fact it's really opened him up to skincare and grooming ... and his Dopp kit looks like something from the 1930s (finally ... no Axe body spray!).  I will also credit it for getting him to scrub under his fingernails daily!  For that alone I am extremely grateful.

ladymeag

My husband has a pair of Tom Ford Aviators in a classic-but-updated shape/color (no mirrored lenses, please, this is not Top Gun.) He wears prescription lenses and every couple of years will pick up a trendy shape but gets bored with them quickly and winds up back in the classic aviators. I'm considering getting him a second pair so he at least had options for classic go-tos. 

viviene23

I like the look of oakley frogskins. I think it suits a lot of face shapes. I gifted my husband the limited edition valentino rossi version and he loved it.

upload_2795211100194402055.jpgupload_1952130338515735060.jpg

alkapassi

(0) Hearts

Thank u saturnwings :smileyhappy:

lilyyy

If he's the type to keep using an old pair, you might want to get him a classic style from a trusted brand. The risk with getting a trendy pair is he might very well wear them for the next 20 years!

saturnwings

(0) Hearts

I've noticed trends for men matching women's in terms of glasses.  You know the looks - oversized, retro, etc.  There are always aviators.  It's a classic but most brands have some sort of updated aviator look.

Personally, I tend toward classic, but I love Oakley glasses.  They're the choice of the US olympic volleyball team, so they're amazing for keep sun at bay.  They have this green lens (came out last summer) that's really cool looking but look awful on me.

Regardless, I recommend spending the money to get polarized lenses.  Much better for keeping sun at bay than other type of lenses.  Oakley's HD polarization process does result in a really nice, clear lens, but there are many other manufacturers that also do a really nice lens.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • malday
    • saturnwings
    • lilyyy
    • ladymeag
    • viviene23
    • alkapassi