poshified

Nordstrom Beauty Rewards!

(Not to be confused with the Nordstrom's fashion rewards!) I would call this Nordstrom's version of Beauty Insider as membership is free, and every 100 pt qualifies for a deluxe-sized sample and 500 pts a "premium beauty reward." Apparently this program is still in initial stages, and only a handful of stores are currently participating. Online beauty purchases count towards the points but rewards can only be redeemed at the participating stores at the moment.

List of participating stores:

Cherry Creek Shopping Center, Christiana Mall, City Creek Center, Easton Town Center, Fashion Mall, Freehold Raceway Mall, International Plaza, Montclair Plaza, Oakbrook Center, Park Meadows, Roosevelt Field, Saint Louis Galleria, San Francisco Centre, Scottsdale Fashion Square, Spokane, The Mall at Green Hills, The Shops at Mission Viejo, Town Center at Boca Raton, Valley Fair and Waterside.

Thoughts? Has anyone redeemed said reward(s)?

poshified

Re: Nordstrom Beauty Rewards!

[ Edited ]

I just thought I'd do a quick update of the 100 and 500 pt rewards I saw at my Nordies today (Sorry I completely forgot to snap a picture in store!) To be honest, it was underwhelming. One of the 100 pt perk was a mini Clinique moisturizer and the other one is a Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel... the ones you get as a free sample from Sephora. The 500 pt was from Lancome and consisted of a mini blush, deluxe-sized Genifique, and a full-sized lipstick. I think the regular GWP's from Lancome are far better than what was offered.

That said, the key to shopping at Nordstroms is to build a good relationship with one of the counter managers or SAs. He/she doesn't necessarily have to be from your local Nordies but anywhere in the states. Spoiledbrat can confirm this with her personal shopper too.

Case in point...

bgwp.jpg

My aunt doesn't have access to Burberry cosmetics and asked if I could pick up a few things from the line for her. While I only spent slightly more than the amount needed to qualify for the pouch and mini lippie, my SA, counter manager for Burberry herself, was kind enough to throw in the mini train case, mini Burberry face brush, and Clinique goodies in the bunch. (The two small containers were foundation samples I had asked to include.)

Needless to say, I'm one happy customer :smileyhappy:

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

Wow i wish I had a nordstrom close to me or a sephora. I have to drive a good45min. Love the mini train case 😱

Missie772

Nice GWP!!! I love the mini train case!!

poshified

They should just make minis of everything -- our lives would be complete :smileyvery-happy:

fhgarman

Does anyone know how long this "limited" program has been around? My local store is not included in the list. :smileysad: It sounds like it has lot of potential. I hope they open it up to all Nordstrom stores soon!

jxw200

if it helps at all, i signed up for the program last fall, about october 2012 at San Francisco Center. at that time there were only 3-5 stores on the list. It became available at Valley Fair (and a few more stores) around april/may this year, and at oakbrook and a few stores during the summer. I don't know if that helps haha 

poshified

(0) Hearts

Of course it launched so much sooner in SF! :smileyvery-happy:

poshified

(0) Hearts

According to the SA who signed me up, the program launched just a couple of weeks ago so not many people know it even exists. I hope your closest Nordies will participate soon enough!

MoreGun89

Meh, it's being piloted, currently the rewards don't come in in. A timely manner and aren't fantastic (and they only switch out like one a month).  if you ask about it in a non participating location they will look at you like a crazy person.   If they improve the perk choices and turnover, I think it would be an excellent rewards system!

drrragon

@MoreGun!!!!  Good to see you around here again! Hope you've been well this year :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

MoreGun89

I've been excellent, just busy, hope all has been well around the forums :smileyhappy:  Good to see everyone again, too!

melde

How do you sign up? Can you only sign up at the participating stores or can you sign up online?

I guess I'm confused because if you can accrue points online it makes sense that you could sign up online, but if you can only redeem in person... I just have no idea, haha.

jxw200

you can only sign up at a store, but you can sign up if you order from them over the phone haha. after you sign up, all online purchases are included. :smileyvery-happy: I even called their customer service once cause some of my store purchases were not included and they just added them in for me. 

melde

Ooooh gotcha. Well that is a bummer because my closest store is about an hour drive. I do go every month or two, but I order online more frequently. Hmm.

SirenPrincess

Do you have the contact card for any of the employees?  Like I have the one for my Bobbi Brown girl.  I bet you could e-mail or call them if they know you and ask them to enroll you.

melde

Thanks!

Missie772

That is awesome! Never heard of it before! I could go to one when I go home but the closest one to me is like 45 minutes away... Boo!

poshified

(0) Hearts

For once, I don't have to worry about making the trek to my local Nordies :smileytongue: But I agree, 45 mins is definitely not worth picking up any perk!

sunflower837

Awesome, the two by me are using the program - I haven't heard about it yet, but will have to make my way over soon.

poshified

(0) Hearts

I can't wait to see what perks your stores offer! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 64 replies
  • 119 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • spoiledbrat