DoctorsMrs

No-Buy for the Remainder of August? Anyone Up For It?

No, I can't believe that I'm suggesting it either.

I just looked at what I ordered this weekend with the extra point event and it's a total of 11 orders and over $1100.  I spent at least that much in July also (just at Sephora). For me, it's not really about the money. It's more realizing that at this rate of accumulating things I'm not taking time to enjoy anything. 

I've never officially tried a no-buy. Anyone else want to give it a shot? It's only for 13 days. Not a huge commitment.

Note: This can't be like that No-Buy July thread that turned into a total Enibbler Event.

Missie772

Re: No-Buy for the Remainder of August? Anyone Up For It?

[ Edited ]

I broke the no buy... I was so ashamed that I didn't admit it. 4 days ago when I posted that I saw all of the amazing sale items on Sephora.com when I couldn't sleep... that is when it happened. The Tarte blushes were too good of a deal to pass up. I am a blush lover!!! I am sorry!!!

PS- My package arrived today and it just made me happy... then sad because I couldn't even do a no buy for 13 days. There were just too many temptations on the sale page...

magrat22

(0) Hearts

I wasn't on a no buy but I totally over spent this month.  It's worse when I can't sleep I go on to Sephora at night and just can't say no.  Sephora why do you have to be so tempting..have crappy things for a month so we can all save..lol.

RiaMo

OMG I so almost broke! I put stuff in my cart today. My only saving grace was the sample choices today. Phew!

Esdee

(0) Hearts

@RiaMo - I know, right?  If the sample selection had been like this for the last two weeks, this no-buy would have been *much* easier!

RiaMo

(0) Hearts

Exactly! But my cart is ready for Sept 1, so I hope the samples change by then, or I might cry! lol

RiaMo

eek still going strong...just one more day... I can do this...My to buy list is growing way to long! But I am not going to allow myself to go crazy. I am going to have to put a budget in place before Sept 1 or it will be really bad!

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

I think I'm going to do a no-buy for all of September...I was too weak for August..swfupload_4323818010307141295.gif

magrat22

(0) Hearts

Think I'll be joining you on that :smileyhappy:

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

I couldn't do the no-buy for the remainder of August. I really wish I could, but I love Sephora too much and I think I have a bit of a problem with shopping. :\

Missie772

[ Edited ]

WHY DO I LOOK AT SEPHORA WHEN I CAN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT?? A million new items went on sale and now I want/need to buy stuff and cave in on my no buy... I am so mad at August for having 31 days, you have no idea how mad I am right now!!!

I swear Sephora waits to puts all of this stuff on the sale page AFTER a great promotion!!!

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

i do the same thing :smileysad: hence the breakage of the no buy at 3am! haha

magrat22

(0) Hearts

3am is the worst..I think all my orders this month were done at 3am! So getting sleeping tablets otherwise I'll be broke if I keep this up.

Esdee

(0) Hearts

I thought I was the only one doing this!  D:  I'm at least sticking to the no-eye portion of my no-buy....

RiaMo

Still going strong! I even had to go into a Sephora to pick something up for a friend with her money. She didn't have time to do it and was willing to let me have her points. Needless to say they were out of stock on what she wanted and as much as I wanted to look around, I put my head down and walked out. I'm embarrassed to say how hard that was and simultaneously how proud I was that I did it! 

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

Oh, my goodness. That is awesome that you could be that strong and walk out like that without purchasing something for yourself. :smileyhappy: I went in today to purchase only one thing, and I purchased five more items. I'm horrible.

DoctorsMrs

(0) Hearts

I'm proud of you too, RiaMo :smileyhappy:

PamperedKitty

(0) Hearts

Wow I am impressed! I am having a hard time resisting, especially today when I saw that the Ole Henriksen Set was on sale!! I loooooove that Flash lemon peel!

prettyinpa

I've been sticking to this, even though I had to pass an ULTA store in the same plaza as an exotic food market that I was headed for last Friday. Fortunately they weren't having a sale, so I had that going for me. I do have a big shopping list for next week though, and I plan to go to Sephora right after the holiday when I am working in Pittsburgh. I've run out of some essentials and am making do or just skipping things to stay true.

Stay strong, all my beauty friends! :smileyhappy:

DoctorsMrs

(0) Hearts

Prettyinpa,  You always set such a good example!

I'll bet that September list is huge :smileyhappy:

starletta8

Luckily, I didn't even try to join this.

Although, I'm being mostly good for beauty products- it's candles that are my catnip at the moment!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 318 replies
  • 624 hearts
  • 63 in conversation
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar