DoctorsMrs

No-Buy for the Remainder of August? Anyone Up For It?

No, I can't believe that I'm suggesting it either.

I just looked at what I ordered this weekend with the extra point event and it's a total of 11 orders and over $1100.  I spent at least that much in July also (just at Sephora). For me, it's not really about the money. It's more realizing that at this rate of accumulating things I'm not taking time to enjoy anything. 

I've never officially tried a no-buy. Anyone else want to give it a shot? It's only for 13 days. Not a huge commitment.

Note: This can't be like that No-Buy July thread that turned into a total Enibbler Event.

DoctorsMrs

Re: No-Buy for the Remainder of August? Anyone Up For It?

No judging here, Jaimelove :smileyhappy:

ace2021

I wish you hadn't said anything about the wipes. I just bough the sephora brand ones and then when I saw this I had to buy two packs because I love them so much. Ruined my no buy!

jaimelove

oops :smileysad: i'm sorry! but... you gotta admit, they're worth it :smileyvery-happy:

michmo

(0) Hearts

I'm glad to see you like them.  I ordered a pack yesterday.  I don't use face wipes that often, but at that price it was a steal.  Now I'm wondering if I should buy more :smileywink:

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

you totally should! 

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

I've never used Soap and Glory before...have you used other wipes?  What drives your obsession (swfupload_6497784123516172832.gif) with these? My KGD Spa Water wipes are so expensive.

jaimelove

i've used the sephora brand wipes, i tried a sample i had of the kgd wipes, yes to cucumbers, target brand, and a pack that i picked up from ross. NOTHING compares :smileyhappy: they're fantastic! i have sensitve skin and they don't make my face burn (kgd, ytc both did :smileysad: ) the sephora ones are a nice substitute, but they remind me too much of the honest baby wipes (the texture and thickness) plus they slightly irritate my skin. the target ones i hated! but i think it was mostly because the packaging sucked lol. the s&g wipes are quilted and so soft, they leave my skin not only clean and soft and makeup free, but moisturized! my face feels so good after using one. and they smell good, too! i could go on forever about these haha. i'm kind of pathetic :smileywink: 

i'm honestly happy that i didn't like the kgd wipes! i was wondering how i could justify paying $40 for 30 wipes to my boyfriend haha. especially when i just paid $30 for 150 of 'em :smileywink: 

there are quite a few soap and glory items on clearance... i'm wondering if maybe they're redoing some of them? i was THIS close to ordering the wipes from amazon and the ones they're selling there have new packaging. plus i emailed s&g and asked where i could find the wipes when they were unavailable and they emailed back and told me they'd be back on sephora's shelves next month. everything that's on clearance looks like stuff i've seen in stock at a portland sephora but not online, so i'm thinking they pulled all of the stock and sent it to the warehouse to clear it out, that way they can make room for the new stuff? 

old off your face.jpgsephora's wipes

new off your face.jpgamazon's wipes

old clarity.jpg

sephora's face soap and clarity

new clarity.jpgamazon's face soap and clairty

i think i may be on to something here... :smileywink:

kimchikween

@jamielove...I LOVE the Soap and Glory cleansing cloths!  I had to find this thread to reply to...the cloth is not as strong as KGD but it is soooo much better than the Ole Henricksen I had been buying before....I am, officially, a convert!swfupload_7925137258786805779.gif

jaimelove

yay! i am so glad :smileyhappy: they're sold out on the sale page, sad day! but i got 5 packs and they'll be back on shelves next month :smileyhappy: 

i think it's the strength of the kgd that irritated my skin, so these ones are perfect for me :smileyhappy: and you can't go wrong with that price! even when they're full price, they're only $1 more than the sephora brand ones! 

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

I think I saw some mention that S&P was rebranding/packaging on the Sales thread.  For $6, worth a try.  Even if I don't like them, it was $6, right?  I wish I hadn't started off with the more expensive kind.  I don't have sensitive skin, but I hate wipes that leave me feeling a little greasy.  Ole Henricksen's, as great as they are, leave a slight residue that I find offputting.

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

exactly! you really can't go wrong with $6 :smileyhappy: 

wendyomgwar

Guys I might have accidentally placed an order. I swear I didn't mean to hit the confirm button :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

It was just one thing, and I did it for the headphones lol, I broke mine and I figured that I was going to buy new ones so why not just kill two birds with one stone :smileyvery-happy: and save some money eh eh eh?

kimchikween

A happy accident? I have a bunch of things in my shopping cart just so that I know what I'm looking at.  I would be screwed if I "checked out" that cart...

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

Haha. :smileyhappy:

jlcjen

I just completely CAVED!!!! I was going to be strong. I really, really was!!! BUT the CLEAN rollerball collection is BACK in stock!! And I did not want to miss it!! 

Spoiler

DrWould

[ Edited ]

I didn't make it! :smileysad: I was at a Sephora today that I've never been to before and they had a Bite Beauty display, which no other Sephora near me has. I had been eyeing the matte pencil in "velvet" for a long time, but I was hesitating because I hadn't seen the color in person yet. Saw it, swatched it, had to have it. 

And since I was breaking the no-buy, I figured I might as well buy the TF Better Than Sex mascara that I've wanted for a while too. 

Hope everyone else is stronger than me and can make it a few more days!!

DoctorsMrs

Let us know how you like the matte pencil.  I love Bite lipsticks and glosses but have yet to try any pencils.  

DrWould

I love it! It's that perfect shade of pink that I've been looking for, so I'm super excited about that. It's creamy and lasted even through eating dinner, and I love that it twists up from the bottom rather than having to be sharpened. I'm glad I bought it! It was my first Bite product. What did you think of the lipsticks? I'm looking at "vento" for my next lip purchase. 

DoctorsMrs

I'm glad that you mention that they twist up. I wasn't sure. I really dislike sharpening things. I'll take the plunge soon I'm sure :smileyhappy:

I can not say enough good things about Bite lipsticks. Try one.  I really don't think you'll  be sorry.  One bonus with Bite is that all of the ingredients are food grade, so they're totally safe if ingested. Pretty important with lip products I think!

DrWould

Yeah, I was also looking at the UD high gloss pencils but they have to be sharpened and that is such a pain. I wore the Bite pencil again today and it's been 5 hours and the color is still there! Although now it looks like it's time for a touch up. Definitely give it a try, I'm sure you'll love it!! The colors are so pretty and so pigmented too. I will definitely be trying their lipsticks soon! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 318 replies
  • 624 hearts
  • 63 in conversation
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • dannyc
    • prosopon
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar