DoctorsMrs

No-Buy for the Remainder of August? Anyone Up For It?

No, I can't believe that I'm suggesting it either.

I just looked at what I ordered this weekend with the extra point event and it's a total of 11 orders and over $1100.  I spent at least that much in July also (just at Sephora). For me, it's not really about the money. It's more realizing that at this rate of accumulating things I'm not taking time to enjoy anything. 

I've never officially tried a no-buy. Anyone else want to give it a shot? It's only for 13 days. Not a huge commitment.

Note: This can't be like that No-Buy July thread that turned into a total Enibbler Event.

rikkie

Re: No-Buy for the Remainder of August? Anyone Up For It?

Hah! I think maybe if you tried to remove all of Nicki Minaj's makeup, you'd just go through layer after layer until there was nothing left! She'd just disappear! 

She is actually gorgeous, looking at pictures of her with something resembling a more natural look, but holy shizballs you couldn't pay me enough to leave the house with some of the hair/makeup she does. 

poohblueberry

@Rikkie - "She'd just disappear!" :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:  Also, I agree with you totally about leaving the house with some of the looks that she comes up with. Out. Rage. Jus.

DTalksAll

HA! I was thinking the same thing. My loves list just keeps growing & growing... 

& then stop buying makeup all together... hehehe 

Esdee

GAH.  I have mild OCD, and the fact that my points total ends in a six is bugging the pants off me!  I have to keep myself from trolling the sale section for something I can get for $4.  >.<

Missie772

(0) Hearts

My point total ends in a 6 as well!! It bothers me too... I am glad I am not the only one who is crazy OCD like that too!!!

DoctorsMrs

@Esdee,

You could return something that's $6  :smileyhappy:

buzzbee3

O gosh! I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only person who does that!

wendyomgwar

Don't look at it!! You don't need to spend the four dollars!

wendyomgwar

Yesterday I got an email about a ten piece deluxe sample kit from shu umera, I was strong.. it was not easy my cart was full and I was putting in the promo code before I realized I was on a no buy, I am still waiting for my packages... this has me irky perhaps when I can touch my goodies i shall feel better!

rikkie

I know! Then I looked at the small print and 7 of the samples are 0.1 oz or smaller, that made it a LOT less tempting.

wendyomgwar

I didn't even look at that lol, the picture they sent was just so enticing!

rikkie

Enticing, but misleading! Aren't you glad you didn't do it??

poshified

Seriously, some places take their good ol' time with shipping! SMH. *high five* for not caving in :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Thanks! Those deluxe sample sized GWP always get me!!! I'm determined to stop getting skincare/ body care till I use up at least 80% of what I have, I'm so proud of myself lol I haven't bought any skincare of body care recently.

jxw200

i've been trying to do a no buy/low buy since march, and i admitted all of my purchases etc recently on my blog.. But you guys can do it!! I managed to do ok, went a bit crazy for my birthday, and otherwise just used gc/store credit... but the amount of stuff in my collection keeps growing and i don't wear makeup much anyway lol

BlushHoarder

I have to admit. Tonight I don't feel like I will make it. I am depressed, I am stressed and my Sephora package was not delivered to me. It was automatically sent to my apartment office... so I have no "pick me up this evening".

Purchasing something feels like the only relief I am going to have.

Hope everyone else is handling temptation better than I am right now.

BlushHoarder

I wanted to thank all that wished me well yesterday. This is truly a great community of friends. Thank you for including me.

I wanted to let everyone know that I sucked it up, focused on everyone's words of support and did not buy a thing.

I am still in and can do this!

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Yay! 9 days to go, single digits! I hope today was a better day :smileyhappy:

rikkie

Even if you make an order right now, you won't get it any sooner than the package already waiting for you, right? What made your day so rough? We're here to listen!

Meg82

You can do this.  No matter what you are craving, that craving passes in approximately 15min, so if you can make it through 15min you can make it.

Are there other pick me ups you have?  Could you use your existing products to come up with a new look? that would be something to focus on.

Do you have a journal?  Or a favorite book or movie?  Or a friend you could call?

You can do this.

Meg82

I went to the mall today with my sister I didn't even go near Sephora. Even when she asked if I wanted to go.  Even though I have several very legitimate (legitimate-feeling at least) purchases to make.  I don't have enough cigarette money to spend so I didn't go in. I am exceptionally proud of myself.

Be strong fellow no-buyers we can do it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 318 replies
  • 624 hearts
  • 63 in conversation
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar