cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

New Years Eve Looks!

Hi Everyone!

I thought we could start a fun topic on everyone's New Years plans and especially.. LOOKS!

New Years Eve Makeup and fashion is always something that I LOVE mainly because it's an excuse to bring out those fluffy false lashes with beads and sparkles, glittery lips (like Violent Lips transfers) and of course.. fun nail polish and clothes! 

I think I'm going to stick to a dark black,blue and glittery smokey eye with some hot pink lipstick and gloss,  maybe some fun colored glitter under the eyes and my new Sephora by OPI Nail Lacquer designs! And of course.. some FUN LASHES! My black palette by Urban Decay is great for this with a blue cream shadow base and extra glitter. I always have to wear 3 different mascaras, even if I'm applying false lashes. 🙂

The Black Palette

Benefit Cream Shadow in Strut

Strut

Lancome Cils Booster, Lancome Definicils Pro, and Dior Extase

And follow up with some pink lips!

Rosy Frivol #06

Rosy Frivol 06

With Anastasia Hydrafull Gloss 

Hydrafull Gloss

Sorbet

Sorbet

Please feel free to share your NYE looks,  pictures, outfits, plans, etc! 🙂 Wishing you all a safe and fun Happy New Year 2012!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Anonymous Insider

Re: New Years Eve Looks!

@Diana sooo pretty!

I was able to snap a picture of my makeup before even figuring out what I was going to wear. Does anyone else choose an outfit AFTER deciding on their makeup? Excuse the duster hanging behind me Smiley Very Happy

AiCiOjGCQAAwwWR.jpeg

Anyone else have pictures to share of their NYE looks??

@Janine i LOVE this smokey eye look on you!!! 🙂 so cute! I want to see what everyone else did too! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Anonymous Insider

How was everyone's NYE?

I had a relatively enjoyable one.  I went to a comedy show and then to dinner. It was chaotic everywhere! I feel like even if I did want to go to a lounge or something, getting in would have been difficult without making advanced plans. I went with a classic matte smokey eye look complete with lots of black eyeliner. I always use a black base so that my black shadow really pops. I wore a pair of lashes that were super long, yet wispy and doll-like. I contoured my cheeks for depth and, naturally, a bit of drama. In traditional smokey eye style I went with nude lips, with a nude shimmery gloss on top. 

Eyeshadow

Perversion

Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow

Okay does anyone want to share their makeup looks? I was having horrible eye allergies so my eyes were to bloodshot to show my eyeballs but I did manage a quick snapshot of the dark makeup. So fun to apply yet not as fun to remove!  Don't mind the messy hair and brows! LOL Happy New Year to you all! 

NYEyes.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

New Years is my favorite time to wear makeup because I can bust out the GLITTER!! 😄 I did my eyes like this last night, inspired from the Sephora 2010 Holiday look 🙂 Minus the big false lashes, I always wardrobe mascaras so I opted for some flared demi lashes for my ends 🙂

Happy 2012 to all!! ❤️

IMG02126-20111231-1818.jpg

IMG02121-20111231-1817.jpg

@ssmittys I LOVE all the glitter and sparkle! how fun, I'll have to try that look myself 🙂

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

@dianabt Thank You!!! It was a super fun look and it got a lot of positive attention 🙂 I'm even happier that it stayed on all night without creasing or getting in my eye! Your dark eye look was GREAT too!! I'm going to borrow that look sometime soon I'm sure 🙂

The only downside is I don't have as much excuse to wear that much glitter for a little bit ... I'm sure I will find one though, haha!

Anonymous Insider

I don't know what I'm going to do for my makeup yet, I'm still trying to decide 😛 lol. All of your girls looks sound absolutely gorgeous! Happy New Year! 😄 Stay safe! Lexikaye<3

Great thread! I am deciding between doing a smudged out liner with a pop of glitter and a dramatic lip, or a dramatic smokey eye (again, with glitter) and a nude lip. I got a few new lipsticks for Christmas that I am dying to show off. @projill, I'm so jealous of the NARS blush palette! I finally decided to get it for myself and my store was sold out 😞 It is really beautiful. Hope you all have a fun and SAFE New Years and if you don't already know:

This New Years Eve don't drink and drive-and don't ride with anybody who does. Tipsy Tow offered by AAA: You don't have to be a AAA member, from 6pm-6am on New Year's Eve/Day they will take you and your car home for FREE. Save this number... 1-800-222-4357. Please re-post this if you don't mind. Friends (and family) don't let friends (or family) drive drunk Keep our family & friends safe and our roads! (Nationwide)

-Sara xo

@berniebeauty I'm staying in too,probably will just walk over to a friends house but it's still fun to do the makeup! 😉

@sara505 Thank you for posting that! Safety is a top priority for NYE, it can be crazy outside! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Anonymous Insider

@berniebeauty - I'm also staying in tonight, but I love to dress up for any occasion.

I'll be wearing a long burnt orange dress that is off the shoulder with rhinestones around the collar area and my bronze Guess heels.

I'll also be wearing these Make Up For Ever lashes in Janet:

mufe.jpg

dior.jpg

finished with a brown smokey eye using the Tarte Jewelry Box Palette I got awhile ago and the Dior Lip Maximizer. I almost forgot about my hair. I think I'll do a side bun and clip my bangs with this cute gold hair clip:

pin.jpg

Cheers and have a wonderful and prosperous New Year,

Tiffany Heart

I am so excited for NYE and even though I don't have my outfit picked out yet, I know what my makeup is going to look like. Smiley Tongue

I am doing an exaggerated smokey eye that wings out on the corners.  I have some awesome false lashes that I am going to apply mascara on top of for added drama.  Lots of black eye liner all the way around and I am thinking of sneaking in a pop of teal liner in my waterline for a hint of color.

I do need to add some glitter to my eyes, but I am going to keep it on the bottom this year... I am using Tarina Tarantino Sparklicity Pure just on the bottom right on top of my black liner.

Of course I will do my signature cheeks- lots of contour and a pop of color on my apples using my new NARS blush palette I bought for myself for Christmas.

I haven't decided on my lips yet, but I think I will go with a pink pout and maybe add a little Sparklicity to the center for some shine.

Happy New Years everyone!

Cheers!

Jill

I'm staying in for NYE but I still like to dress up my makeup!

I usually do something glittery.

I think this year Im going to do a gold eyeshadow look with half baked from my UD Naked1 palette, though some years I have done silver because I can pull off both because I have a generally neutral complexion, but I just can't pass up this chance to use the palette. Then I'm going to use High Beam for a lumizer, and keep it toned down from there.

~~We are all beautiful~~

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 59 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos6
  • dior.jpg
  • pin.jpg
  • IMG02126-20111231-1818.jpg
  • IMG02121-20111231-1817.jpg
  • NYEyes.jpg