naturalbeauty21

New CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK THREAD

[ Edited ]

so im starting a new challenge of the week thread since officegal isn't able to be on BT very much anymore and she asked for someone to start a new one. if you have ideas for challenges please let me know. so far i have:

-lipstains ( starting week of june 13th)

-"opposites attract" (use 2 eyeshadows you wouldn't usually wear together) week of june 20th

-double wing eyeliner   week of june 27th

-beauty w/ benefits (completely or mostly wear makeup that is good for your skin, eyes, or lips)week july 4th *you can do red, white and blue eyeshadow if you want*

-brighten up those eyes ( white or any kind of brightening eyeliner or eye shadow) week of july 11th

-purple lipgloss (sheer or bold is your choice) week of july 18th

-be creative (use your imagination maybe draw a heart, flower or star on the corner of your eye with eyeliner. be unique)week of july 25th

-no eyeshadow just mascara (if you have oily lids use a mattifying powder on eyes) week of august 1st

-orange, yellow, or green eyeshadow   week of august 8th

-"just tips" only paint the tips of your nails (color of your choice) week of august 15th

-pink lips (lipstick or lipgloss)week of august 22nd

-bare minimum ( use as little makeup as possible *be your perfect imperfect self*)week of august 29th

-smokey eyes (can be day or night)week of september 5th

-"positivity" spell out a positive or inspiring word on your nail *one letter per nail* week of september 12th

if you have ideas please let me know.

marinaanne147

Re: New CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK THREAD

AHH! I got so far behind again! :smileysad: Why do I keep doing this? Well, here is this past week's challenge. PINK LIPS! I used Posietint, and dabbed a bit of Junkshow e/s from the UD 15 palette and then used a semi-sheer cool pink lipgloss. 

As for the Bare Minimum challenge, I don't wear makeup everyday because I'm not allowed to at my school until Highschool. I'd post a picture of my bare face but my mom won't let me.

Photo on 2011-08-28 at 18.07 #2.jpg

tenngal

(0) Hearts

@marinaanne:  I really like the lip color you created using the lipgloss and eyeshadow combos.  :smileyhappy:

I have gotten really lazy about taking pictures and I kind of feel like I shouldn't post unless I have a photo to show what I've done with the challenge(s).  I've been really busy and haven't been on BT much lately, but I'll try to get back into the challenges soon.
:smileyhappy:

naturalbeauty21

i havent had a chance to be creative with my makeup yet i just got some new makeup from the drugstore and i am trying out a few things to make sure i don't need to return them. i will complete this challenge either tomorrow or thursday and i will post a pic.:smileyhappy:

naturalbeauty21

i think all of us (yes me too) are forgetting about challenge of the week i keep forgetting challenge is what week and nobody is posting pictures im going to post mine tomorrow. im going to try and stay on top of this cuz it keeps falling down the line of posts.

officegal

Nice to see you guys are keeping up with this - and adding so much creativity to the challenges!

"-no eyeshadow just mascara (if you have oily lids use a mattifying powder on eyes) week of august 1st"

This is me on a regular basis anyway. Most days in the summer I'll skip mascara as well. It's way too hot and humid to bother with more than foundation/blush.

naturalbeauty21

i have gotten so many compliments this week about my eyes. i made my mascara a little more noticeable this week. for some reason whenever i only put on mascara my eyes always kindof look like theyre sparkling. thats one of the things i love about my eyes.

naturalbeauty21

this week im painting my fingertips hot pink. theyre going to look super cute! :smileyhappy:

marinaanne147

I'm kind of fail at following threads. I didn't even bookmark the original.........Oh well! I'm bookmarking and taking part in this now!!! I'm excited!  I don't have any purple gloss at all to do this week's challenge, so I'm sorry for that. But I have a few pictures of a bright eyeliner look I did last week without looking at this thread! I think it came out okay for someone who can't use eyeliner for the life of her. I did it with the teal shadow from MAC's Surf, Baby! Collection. I love it! I also did a look with it in the crease of a neutral look as well as on the lower lash line of another look. I think I'll post that pic too. 

Photo on 2011-06-28 at 19.15.jpg

Photo on 2011-07-17 at 13.57 #2.jpg

Photo on 2011-07-07 at 20.41 #3.jpg

I'm glad to finally find this thread! Thanks naturalbeauty21!

tenngal

(0) Hearts

@marinaanne147:  Love the bright eyeliner photos!  I'm glad you subscribed to this thread so you can join us on here.  I'm glad that naturalbeauty picked up the thread, too, after officegal was no longer able to keep up with it. 

I have still not taken any purple lip gloss photos this week, but I've been wearing it.  I'll really try to get a pic taken and posted today of my favorite purple gloss.

marinaanne147

(0) Hearts

@tenngal & @naturalbeauty21: Thanks to you both! I'm lookin' forward to seeing some photos of other people's purple lipgloss! And then, since the week's almost up, people's eyeliner drawings! 

naturalbeauty21

(0) Hearts

i  love you eye makeup its super pretty. dont't thank me officegal is the one who created the original challenge of the week im just happy we could start it up again:smileyhappy:

tenngal

@mermadelove:  Glad to have you back!  Can't wait to see your looks for this week's challenge (July 11).  I hope you take at least one photo cause I love seeing your makeup looks!

I am going to love this week's challenge since I love bright eyeshadow and eyeliner!  I won't have any problem fitting "white or any kind of brightening eyeliner or eyeshadow" into my routine, because that's normal for me, ha ha!  I'll try to take a picture this week if I get a chance.  (Don't worry, I won't do a double eyeliner this week, lol.)

naturalbeauty21

@tenngal this challenge wont be much of a challenge for me i am always using inner corner highlighters and "brightening" eyeshadow otherwise i look asleep if i dont

naturalbeauty21

tomorrow im going to let my skin breathe and not wear any makeup my skin is worn out and frankly so am i. im just gunna relax, turn on one of my favorite shows, have pizza, and paint my toenails. :smileyhappy:

tenngal

(0) Hearts

This week's challenge is going to be so easy and fun for me!  I love wearing purple lipgloss and I wear it frequently.  I'll try to remember to take a photo of some of my favorite purple glosses to post.  I can't wait to see (or hear about) what purple glosses everyone is going to wear this week.

mermadelove

This week's purple gloss challenge I'll actually be able to do ! Although my purples tend to be more on the fushcia/magenta range. I just haven't been able to do alot of makeup sinc eI've been working nights-- I'm afraid that in a sleepy moment I'll rub my eyes and then--disaster!! I'll end up scaring my patients or make them think they are having a nightmare!!! :smileyvery-happy:

tenngal

@mermadelove:  ROTFLMAO!!!  If you gave one of your patients a fright while doing rounds, that would definitely have to go under the Beauty Disasters thread! LOL!!!

mermadelove

ROTFLMAO!!!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

tenngal

[ Edited ]

Just popped in to see what this week's challenge is so I'll know how to wear my makeup today and I was so excited when I saw that it's "opposite eyeshadow" week.  This is going to be an easy one for me because any of you all that know me know that I love to wear lots of bright, bold eyeshadows together as a normal makeup routine.  I don't know if there is any combination that I haven't tried together yet, ha ha!  I even tried wearing a yellow, pink and bronze together one time and, believe me, I wouldn't suggest that combo to anyone! LOL!  Anyway, I'll see if I can find some shadows that I haven't worn together or at least haven't worn together in quite some time and see if I can take a photo to post.

Hope everyone has fun with this week's challenge and I hope all of you will post pics! :smileyhappy: 

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

Hi all! I took a pic of the look, but won't be able to post it until later. HAve fun today!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 76 replies
  • 105 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • sarithor
    • officegal
    • prettyinpa
    • ohhenri
    • mermadelove